[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 1.41 MB, 2592x1936, wires.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
35052 No.35052 [Reply] [Original]

Hey guys, legit help needed.
Trying to move this 1991 Honda accord off my dads property.

I've gotten this far and given up... lol

Any idea how to start it?

>> No.35057

bump

>> No.35064

Try the keys?

>> No.35067
File: 333 KB, 996x857, 1318868286282.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

wouldnt know. the waiy we generally do it is by ramming a screwdriver into the key hole.

Here is a pic of apparently how hotwire.

>> No.35103

more info

your car, abandoned car, u stole the car, your mate stole the car

>> No.35105

Firstly, does the steering wheel rotate? If not, the steering lock is still engaged. You will need to remove it.

Second, you probably didn't need to cut those wires. There is usually a rotary switch on the back of the key barrel that can be removed with a few screws and then rotated with a screwdriver or a random key. If that's the case, do that and reconnect those wires.

If not, you're going to need a multi-meter.

>> No.35115

call the cops and tell them there is an abandoned car on your property

>> No.35631

Some car show I saw once claimed that most old cars, 20 years or so i'd imagine, the tumblers on the ignition switch are so worn down any key will do the job as long as it fits.

And i remember seeing sam jackson use a screwdriver in the ignition to start a yugo, so maybe that's all you need to try.

If you don't know who the owner is, call the cops, say there's an abandoned car on your property. Cars have ID numbers and license plates, so the cops can track down the car's owner, or give it a shot. if they don't do it in X amount of time, they impound it and it isn't your problem. If you do anything but this, you're liable for any damage you do, and if you disassemble or sell anything off the car, you're looking at possible grand theft auto.