[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 33 KB, 400x451, military_robot_TALON.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
31806 No.31806 [Reply] [Original]

ITT: Robotics
How to make
What you have made
Details and instructions people!

Have anyone made anything robotic? from a lego car, belt moving tank? (pic related)
anything controlled from youre computer or just purely mecanical?

Legos allowed. tell me your stories anon
Pictures highly welcome

>> No.31813
File: 7 KB, 190x131, 8554_art_raketter_tanks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Op here
i love tanks, but this is the closes ive ever gotten to fire from one (its fireworks) but totally awesome. ive also made lego tanks before that drove a little, but only mecanical not electrisity

>> No.32692

http://letsmakerobots.com/

http://www.instructables.com/tag/type-id/category-technology/channel-robots/

>more technical

http://mathcs.org/

>books and kits

http://robotbooks.com/

> Stanford robotics lectures

I have been on a robotics team for 4 years, but haven't gone out and funded and built my own yet.
I do have plains to make a home rover that will autonomously roam my apartment, shouting out line for me to answer(sort of like rehearsed lines). Then when his battery is low he will return to a charging pad and recharge himself.

Foreveralone.jpg

>> No.32696

Forgot to include Standford lectures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yD3uBshJB0&playnext=1&list=PL65CC0384A1798ADF

>> No.32888

Me and my friends used to do robot wars with lego mindstorms, I've got one with a pneumatic arm that uses one piston to both grab and lift, I call it Dementor

>inb4 Harry Potter
"Jingle All The Way" motherfuckers

>> No.34472
File: 56 KB, 720x275, battleship.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>32692
I was also on a robotics team for 4 years. (FIRST by any chance? Sorry if I'm wrong.)

Not directly related to anything robotics that I made, but I volunteered at a Lego robotics competition for middle/elementary school kids one time. It's really cool to see younger kids getting involved with technology.

>> No.34477

I'm currently building one and as a sensing device I'm using the kinect. Will probably post it when I finish.

>> No.34483

www.osbots.com This is what we did.

www.robots-everywhere.com/re_wiki/ This is how it's done.

Yes these are used by at least one bomb squad.

>> No.34488

I've always wanted to make a UAV but
>LOL GIBBE MONIS FOR PARTS

>> No.34490
File: 2.05 MB, 2816x2112, CIMG6076.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm building a quadrotor UAV.

>> No.34492

>>34490
I remember you. Get that new board fabbed yet?

>> No.34500

>>34492
I'm considering new microcontrollers to use at the moment. Leaning towards Atmel XMEGA. Needs a schematic redesign...

>> No.34504

>>34488
>I've always wanted to make a UAV but
>LOL GIBBE MONIS FOR PARTS

Iknowthatfeel.mp4

>> No.34503

>>34472
FTC master race.

>> No.34514

Oh and osbots = the guys who did Toro and T-Minus in Battlebots.

>> No.34518

I used to have the lego mindstorms thing. It was like a lego robot, it was awesome. I still have all my legos. If I ever have kids they better like legos because they're gonna be playing with them.

>> No.34920

>>34472
Yeah it was FIRST, I have been out of high school four 2 years but I'm still on the team as a mentor.

>> No.35305

your best bet is to invest with erector set-style of robotics as a base. check out VEX robotics and buy a starting kit, controllers, cortex, and the software. Once you understand shit, take apart the bot and make anorher one. Buy new parts. Because you aren't limited to the competitions like I am, you can make anything. I don't do vex anymore (FTC master race) but it is quite a lot cheaper and simpler for a beginner into robotics.

>> No.35311

question.

when is something an RC and when is something a robot?

i once made an airsoft gun monted on an RC body, with the gun getting fired by the old button that opened the RCs doors.

is it a robot or is it an RC?

>> No.36183
File: 117 KB, 660x498, TakingDown.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>34920
I'm in a pretty similar spot. Graduated a year ago, but I'm sticking around to make sure things don't fall apart too much.

Pic is the bot my team built a couple years ago. It was able to suspend itself on a bar, but taking it down was kind of a pain in the ass.

>> No.36194

>>35311
RC

robots do their function without humans. besides an ON/OFF button.

>> No.36215

>Kid on the left side holding those soccer balls

DEEZ NUTS

>> No.37671

>>36183

Holy shit I am in that picture!!!!
And i have a dumb ass loo on my face

>> No.37685

>>37671
Haha, seriously? Didn't mean to creep then. Small world, I guess.

>> No.38315

I'm considering studying robotics at uni, anyone know if there are good job opportunities in the UK for that kinda thing?

and also general bump.