[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 185 KB, 960x541, 602256_3852002069623_625102128_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
307694 No.307694 [Reply] [Original]

So /diy/ What are you guys planning for Halloween decor? Since i am in charge at my home i decided to try new things, and use the same things as last year. First off, i have 2 Tiki torches so i figured putting a skull on there would be pretty cool.

>> No.307700

>Try new things and use the same >things as last year....

Am I missing something here?

>> No.307707
File: 247 KB, 1915x1080, IMAG0013.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Next i have a fog machine that i got last year, it sits under my deck and spews fog through the steps. Looks ok. To cap it off, i like to take the bottom of a soda can and fill it with 91% rubbing alcohol, then i put it in a pumpkin in place of a candle. the air flows in through the open face and out through the top causing the flames to kick up. It looks great. The kids all find it fascinating. Lastly me and my little brother are going to make some homemade crosses out of some wood pallet pieces and nailing the together.

What about you guys?

>> No.307741

Make a flamethrowing pumpkin. It's so damn easy. all you need is to attach a rubber tube from a butane can to the pumpkin and then just put it by the tea light.

>> No.307742

>>307707

You should take the wooden crosses made out of pallets, put them up in your front yard, and light them on fire on Halloween. It's a super old-school Samhain tradition. The fiery cross represents the light of God driving away demons and stuff.

>> No.307756

>>307741
I don't have any more money for butane torches...
>>307742
I would but it has been such a dry summer i would rather not light the grass on fire too..

>> No.307794

>>307742
The guy down the street does this. He and his buddies dress up like ghosts and yell at all the nigger kids that walk by

>> No.307826
File: 80 KB, 418x590, IMG_3328LK.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This year?
Pretty bland. Gonna set up the cemetery out front, get some use out of the tombstones I made last year, throw a few bodies out there, let kids pull their candy out of a prop corpse.
Made a few new heads that I'll use if they don't sell. Can always make more and sell them after the holiday.
Might go to a Halloween party. Haven't had time for one of those in years.

Next year is gonna be either awesome or horrible.
Was contacted to construct a haunted house, so it will either run smoothly and all fall into place, or fall apart early on and become a stressful mess.

>> No.307827

Probably going to turn my lights off and close the blinds.

Might top it off by putting a for sale sign in my yard. Should be pretty sweet.