[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 36 KB, 220x227, 220px-Overshot_water_wheel_schematic.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
304668 No.304668 [Reply] [Original]

I want to make an aquaponics system that also sustains its own energy using water wheels. Unfortunately, I have no electrical engineering experience. If someone could help me or lead me to some very detailed instructions this would be great!! Thanks

>> No.304671

Thermodynamics man, not possible. Also, if you're using artificial lighting it won't contribute much to the power.

>> No.304682

>>304668
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287qd4uI7-E

hope the first one helps

>> No.304683

Tried posting the same think on here about 6 months ago, but most people said things like "shut up with your troll physics" apparently the law of thermo dynamics states that your system will never produce the same amount of energy it consumes.
Anyway the best I came up with was using multiple nozzle turbine configurations to get enough energy to get about 60-80 percent energy of the back. This combined with a small solar panel system, and a large battery bank would allow the system to run most of the year.

On another side note I have also considered constructing a 5 tier water tank that uses one large pump to pump the water to the top tank which then runs through five (or more, or less) separate nozzles into the turbines underneath, that flows to the second tank, this is all repeated till it gets to the bottom 6th in ground tank which acts as a sump till the water gets pumped back up to the top. The water flow should be carefully adjusted so that the volume of water entering the tank is the same as the amount leaving. This is as close as I can get to perpetual motion/free energy.
anyway the best I came up with was using multiple nozzle turbine configurations to get enough energy to get about 60-80 percent energy of the usedback. This combined with a small solar panel system, and a large battery bank would allow the system to run most of the year.

on another side note I have also considerd

>> No.304684

*thing not think

>> No.304686

Try building a Minto wheel. Just get a scrap fresnel lens, point it at a rock in a tub of water or something. Insulate the tub so it keeps spinning overnight.

>> No.304688

>>304686
You can do this easily with some scrapped liter bottles or something and cheapo tubes from a hardware store.
Very high torque so you should be able to lift water or something from low to high.

>> No.304750
File: 163 KB, 472x540, Garden4_rect540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to build a small indoor system that will use natural light. How would i make a multiple nozzle turbine? Can you refer me to some instructions?

>> No.304757

I also do not understand how to store the energy and than put it to use

>> No.304763

>>304757

Batteries. What are you retarded?

>> No.304765
File: 156 KB, 500x547, 1346825491543.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>304668

Magnets, how do they work?