[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 342 KB, 1600x1200, IMG_0040[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
262816 No.262816 [Reply] [Original]

So I found this moped down by the creek behind my apartments. It's been there a while, and the air filter is gone, the tires are flat, and the body is broken in some places. I broke the mirror off by accident putting it in my truck, but both of them had been re-attached by what looks like jb weld. I've called the police, and no bike by the description or serial has been reported stolen, and the thing does not have any tags. My question is, how the hell do I get into the compartments to check the battery on this thing, when it is keyed shut, while not breaking the body, or drilling out the lock? The ignition won't be a problem, oddly enough, I can get to the back of that. But is there another way around these things? Also, does anyone know the make or model of this guy? There are NO markings on it at all.

>> No.262845

nice find, just start taking body panels off and you'll see how the key works.prob just have to unscrew the ignition to get to the "trunk"popping wire.

>> No.262914

>>262816
Thanks! I got everything open and such, just trying to get the ignition to work. I have power, and the switch has the two power lines, and the two red and black striped wires, and crossing the stripes get me nothing. Any ideas?

>> No.263748

>>262816
Dude, jam a screwdriver in the ignition and turn. These ignition locks are about a 1$ for the manufacturer. They are CHEAP, so a flat head will prolly trip them all and start the bike. If it will at least cut the power to the engine on, you can kick start it, as almost all these little cheap suckers have a kick on them.