[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 33 KB, 1799x1200, Trimpainter.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2622041 No.2622041 [Reply] [Original]

I'm a trim carpenter, and recently a client wanted some crown painted with oil based paint. The finish turned out nice even just brushing it on, and plan recommending it in the future. My question is: do they make somthing that can feed stock through and spray it in one go?

If I can paint everything with no mess on site, that would be the cats ass.
Picrel is what I had in mind, would try to fab it together using a hplv sprayer but would rather buy it. searching for existing equipment only comes up with industrial conveyors and whatnot.

>> No.2622042

>>2622041
spraying would have a lot of waste due to overspray
you could probably flow-coat instead by just pouring the (thinned?) paint over the moulding as it rolls past, and having another bucket underneath to catch the overflow.
maybe add a wiper underneath since you don't need to paint the backside. then just swap the buckets for the next piece
no compressor needed and you'd get a better finish as well

>> No.2622150

>>2622042
>due to overspray
that's why he's spraying right above the reservoir.
>>2622041
it could totally work. get a couple motors, bend up some sheet metal, and get to work.

>> No.2622196

>>2622042
You're right, i doubt the overspray could be used again, i'm thinking about having 2-3 nozzles and running multiple sticks at once to try and catch most of the output..
It'd be nice to keep it simple with the flow coat, I just know there would be issues with pooling in some profiles like cove.

>>2622150
Ya it does seem simple enough to pull off. I'll probably end up putting it together. Specialty equipment costs a 'tarded amount of $.