[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 440 KB, 519x650, изображение_2022-10-22_181756452.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2488439 No.2488439 [Reply] [Original]

I had to leave my homeland for an unknown number of years, possibly forever. I had a woodworking shop of 4 years back home (with dreams of making old-timey musical instruments one day), but now it's pretty much gone, moving it is a lost cause. I'm now destined to move from a rented apartment to a rented apartment and possibly change countries, and I don't know how many years would pass until I'm able to settle and buy property somewhere. I'm a programmer, so I want the hobby to be physical and not related to computers at all, I'm tired of them.
Any recommendations besides knitting? I thought about pencil drawing but I suck at it, and not sure if I need to have talent for that. The hobby must be compact enough to travel with me on a plane and in a taxi between apartments, and widespread enough for the materials and tools to be available across Central Asia.
Sorry if this is the wrong board to ask.

>> No.2488446

>>2488439
Harmonica. Fits in your pocket.

>> No.2488450

>>2488439
To expand on harmonica, adam gussow, jason ricci, and ronnie shellist have a ton of instructional videos on how to play on diatonic harmonica. If you go for chromatic then it's really just like playing a piano. Doesn't need a whole lot of tricks.

>> No.2488451

>>2488446
Might get kicked out of a rented apartment for noise. In the last two apartments where I lived I could hear people talk behind the walls (also yell like crazy at kids doing their homework). But I guess I could try and find some secluded place outside and try there. I have a Hohner Special 20 at home, hadn't had much luck with it before when I tried to learn though.

>> No.2488459

>origami/papercraft
>paper airplanes
>polymer clay art
>ukulele
>writing poetry
>rubik's cube and variations
>photography
>toothpick/popsicle stick sculpture
>engraving if you don't mind metal chips
>magic tricks with cards/coins

>> No.2488468
File: 50 KB, 735x471, 0fec869c409aca39a8ed684daed321d2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You could keep a small collection of woodworking hand tools and make small things, like knife handles or chip carving. A small Japanese style workbench might fit your lifestyle or you could make a new one when you move.

>> No.2488480

>>2488468
I do find the idea extremely tempring, and I've already thought about if for a while.
Like get from my old shop a small backsaw, a single #4 (or #3) handplane, a couple of chisels, and 1 two sided diamond stone, and a mallet, and a woodworking square awl for fasteners, some carving knives, and make a mini-bench here, and make a little toolbox for the tools. Maybe the toolbox can double as a mini-bench even, like the one from your pic.
But with all of that I see a single big problem, that is the lack of workholding options for planing. The japanese have those big flat boards type of benches that they sit on while working on the floor, which allows them to secure the "bench" with a planing stop and plane on it. With the little bench on your pic placed on top of a table, I can't imagine being able to plane or chisel anything on it without it moving around.
Other than that, given that in a rented apartment I would have a wobbly weak table, and angry neighbours that won't like the noise, mallet would have to go, and possibly the saw. I can avoid using a mallet if my chisels are sharp, but it requires some very good workholding which I won't have.
And if the mallet goes, the chisels might go as well, since the carving knives would cover for them.
And if all that goes, and I can't plane, the plane might go as well, so I won't be able to square any stock anyway.
So what I'm left with is really a set of carving knives(but no gauges etc, since no square/flat stock would be possible), and a diamond stone.
Which basically narrows the available woodworking to whittling/chip carving.
Which is pretty cool, I think I might go for it, but I wonder if I could go around the above mentioned limitations somehow. Maybe I shoud read up a bit more on japanese woodworking or watch more vids about it.

>> No.2488487

>>2488439
Making jewelry that doesn't involve casting requires minimal hand tools, and doesn't have to even be full on metalsmithing- you can do things with wood, formica, shell, wire, polymer clay, epoxy, and found/repurposed objects and materials.
I'm an artist and woodworker who spent many years living in small spaces incuding very small boats, tools were rarely a problem, biggest issue was storing unused materials and especially finished work that I didn't sell or give away or loan out (which more often than not is just giving away with an extra step).
My advice would be to use this time to design things whether you can buikdcthem right now or not, and develop methods for getting around not having a shop at your immediate disposal...both will make you more effective regardless of your facilities and allow you to make the most of times when you might have shop access.
Designing projects around scavenged or scrap or repurposed materials helps with the inventory storage thing, and having designs at the ready can make it easier to get things made and out the door quickly and/ or can let you do things like split up a minimum purchase of sheet material into the piece you are making plus parts for other projects rather than 3/4 of a sheet of random material. Much easier to store/ move that way and helps keep production flowing- do it right and making an item up is almost like assembling a kit. Also makes it nice if someone wants to commission you to make something, you have a catalog of designs.
Also if the pieces/ parts are something standard you can sell/ trade them by themselves to other craftspeople when you want rid of some or all of them....examples would be things like polymer clay beads or jump rings or cabinet knobs; usually easy/wise to make an extra few or at least blanks. You could even create kits for other people to make things from extra parts you make, or use them as materials to teach classes.

>> No.2488513

>>2488439
What happened?

In any case, reading could be a decent start. You can fit basically infinite books on an ereader. Hiking or climbing might also be an option. Cooking, if you can manage it, is always a good idea. Maybe try picking up another language?

>> No.2488537

>>2488459
Engraving might be pretty cool I guess, although sourcing brass plates and such might be tricky aside from Aliexpress. Also without being able to make brass tools and other things Uri Tuchman style, just engraving plates seems kind of weird. Or am I missing something?
>>2488468
Btw now that I think of it, I can sit on the floor and wrap my legs around it, kind of. Maybe there's something to it. Good advice, anyway, thanks.
>>2488487
Thanks, that was an interesting perspective to read. I think I should probably get myself a sketchbook and a pencil to draw furniture designs, maybe will learn to draw a bit better at the same time. Any directions to look for jewelery inspiration? Haven't really been interested in it before, only seen some wooden rings on youtube an such. Any youtube channel or words to google will do.
>>2488513
I'm just one of the 700 000+ russians that have fled the country after the mobilization start. I don't expect any slightest ray of hope for Russia earlier than in 10-15 years from now.
I do have an ereader with me, a nice one, but I feel like after spending a whole day working on my laptop it would kill my eyes.
I've never been much into outdoor activities given that my legs are kind of fucked and I have to wear orthopedic shoes or shoe soles to walk more than a mile without pain, so hiking is not an option.
Cooking seems pretty cool, although I've never really looked at it as a hobby. Might try it out, thanks.

>> No.2488545

>>2488537
>Also without being able to make brass tools and other things Uri Tuchman style, just engraving plates seems kind of weird. Or am I missing something?
You can make fake commemorative coins, medals, or create stamps for woodcut-style prints (look up Albrecht Dürer for inspiration). You can also get cheap items like fashion jewelry or pocket knives and custom engrave them for resale. Buck 110s are good for this since they have brass in the handle.

>> No.2488554

>>2488439
>Central Asia
>no one mentioned basket weaving yet
Disappoint.jpg

>> No.2488609

>>2488439
Have you considered embroidery instead of knitwork?

>> No.2488614

>>2488554
How easy is it to get reed or osier? Straw might be possible but you'd want traditional long stalk which is harder to produce and not super common what with modern combines smashing most of it to bits. you can probably get this stuff online but it's kinda bulky.

>> No.2488619
File: 178 KB, 112x112, 1651054605933.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2488439
lockpicking

>> No.2488621

>>2488439
you can collect mental baggage. you already have a lot of that.

>> No.2488667
File: 1.54 MB, 1000x1000, f62b1334716b01b287520ca96b58ca22.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2488537
>Any directions to look for jewelery inspiration? Haven't really been interested in it before, only seen some wooden rings on youtube an such. Any youtube channel or words to google will do.

if you search "jewelry making basics" there's overviews describing the various subcategories, and then you can look into details for the ones that look interesting.
Of those, probably the most basic and useful to build on is wire work, the techniques and principles are used in most other types of jewelry making and its very adaptable and about as complex as you want to make it even with the bare minimum tools. Thai/ Siamese jewelry use a lot of it and can be amazingly intricate and beautiful. It can also incorporate other things like beads and gemstones, see picrel.
Wire work is also good for getting a feel for metals and how to handle them, and you can use cheap/scrap stuff for practice.
Another material to considerc is leather; decorative work is almost like a hybrid of woodcarving and engraving techniques and it doesnt take a ton of tools. You can also practice on scrap or embellish existing items.

>> No.2488688
File: 1.19 MB, 1024x1024, ACC-128.1L.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2488667
Also look up antique Tibetan and Nepalese jewelry for some cool detailed wire work and beading that uses minimal tools and soldering, made by nomads.

Another term to look up to see what's possible is "wire filigree jewelry".

>> No.2488865

Whittling, you only need a knife and a block of wood.

>> No.2488891
File: 283 KB, 479x503, Opera Snapshot_2022-10-22_195117_www.youtube.com.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2488439
Cardistry. You just need a deck of playing cards. It is truly a unique and deep artform and it is similar to dance (as it connects motion and rhythm). Also as it is a very new artform the community is relatively fresh, small and tightknit . You encounter the same people everywhere. Mastering a difficult move is the most satisfying thing ever. Be sure it check out many cardists and expose yourself to many styles to pick out whatever you like (given you already learned the basics like charlier, spring, fan, revolution cut, sybil etc). First start out by learning all of those moves I listed. Don't try to master a move before moving on to the next. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Newfags are very well accepted.

>> No.2488983

You make alot of excuses faggot.

>> No.2488997

>>2488439
>I had to leave my homeland for an unknown number of years, possibly forever.
t.Russian dodging up conscription

>> No.2489001

>>2488997
topkek

>> No.2489004

>>2488621
so why do you recommend he collect more if he already has a lot

>> No.2489007
File: 1.89 MB, 2560x1920, P1250566.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2488537
>Btw now that I think of it, I can sit on the floor and wrap my legs around it, kind of.
If you don't mind sitting on the floor or can use those slav genes to slavsquat, here's how I did it back when I was renting and didn't have access to a propper bench.
My father used a similar setup for years as well when we were living in an appartment, except he used a single huge beam instead.
Anyway my frankenbeam was good enough for most work and you could sit on it to get extra stability.
If you move you can scrap it and get another later.

>> No.2489016

Well nomadic lifestyles offer freedom, and freedom gives personal reflection and a chance to redeem things you may have neglected in your life. I guess obvious things are personal fitness, learning languages or instruments or skills, travel, and such. Deeper than that are things you’ve repressed within deep memory, perhaps experiences you’ve been bullied for or attached to lost relationships, or have just simply forgotten. These sorts of things end up being important to rediscover.

>> No.2489034

>>2488667
I will look it up, thanks.
>>2488891
That's pretty cool, sounds like a great time killer.
>>2488983
Thanks for your invaluable input, man. I wish I was as bright and strong as you are.
>>2488997
Yes, I am a russian draft dodger, I confirmed it above. I don't even know what's so funny about it, since I have a hard time imagining any decent (and not dumb as fuck) man in my place not doing the same.
>>2489007
You're completely right, even without vise it's possible to make a floor workbench capable of most of the required workholding. I should definitely consider getting a package of some tools from back home and maybe building a toolbox that fits in a luggage bag easily.
>>2489016
Personal fitness is definitely on the list, I've already started doing simple workouts and dieting again. Gym and finding new friends are probably the next step.

>> No.2489038

>>2489034
>not wanting to go freeze your balls in a foxhole during the ukrainian winter
>not wanting to go occupy Pripyat for a large scale STALKER reenactment
>not wanting to die in some remote place for motives that are only relevant to those in power

Yeah I won't blame you.

>> No.2489055

>>2489034
guess "not my problem" worked only until it became your problem, huh Z/tard?

>> No.2489066

>>2489055
I'm sure in my place you would've stayed in Russia and overthrown the regime, but have some kindness for us weaker folk who haven't spent the last 10 years making homemade guns and explosives and training to be a merciless guerilla fighter such as you.

>> No.2489073

those mini vices look pretty handy, but i've seen one that's basically a holding frame, a plank and two wooden wedges, you place the piece between the frame and plank then force the wedges against each other to lock it all in place

>> No.2489087

Lockpicking really could be great. Only problem is you're gonna need to keep finding new locks as you become better...which you will need to buy or find somewhere.

If you can somehow manage it i definetly recommend going climbing sometimes, maybe not as a hobby, but as something you do every 2 weeks or something. it's VERY fun, and it only takes you a few mins to get over the fear of falling once you start. believe me. the gym i went to needed you to have 2 people(one which held you), but there's many that let you secure yourself. so try and find something like that. ik you said your legs are fucked up but i still think you should give it a try, i know you can because my legs are quite bad too and i can do it without pain.(multiple dislocations)
>>2488537

swimming is another great thing you should try.

>> No.2489097

>>2488554
i was going to mention eagle petting but people falsely associate eagles with fat continent this being a anglo website and all

>> No.2489311

>>2488439
Portable useful skills are better than purely distraction hobbies as they're financial multipliers.

It's easy for a woodworker to make mobile work benches etc and discard them when no longer needed. Rather than beginning with a hobby my first task would be expanding my choices by re-accumulating tools and supplies. Woodwork has been a bartered skill for thousands of years.

Can you do cabinetry? Find what people with money pay for that you can enjoy building then you win both ways. Working for poors is a race to the bottom. None of my hobbies are just amusement and because they're mutually supporting I've many options others with less deliberately varied skills don't have.

I've many years in military dorms and figured out how to fit useful quantities of tools and equipment in small spaces. Everything I can put casters beneath gets them. One good hand truck with solid wheels (pneumatic tires are used because air is cheaper than rubber) can last a lifetime. Medicine carts have non-marring casters and many have space for SFF PCs and backup batteries in back with display arms on top.

Steel ammo cans besides making great cheap tool boxes which seal out moisture easily support bolted-on vises. I bolted my Panavise to the lid of the kit I took to ROK (where fixing cars for people who had them got me rides from the owners). One can do a surprising amount of work with smallish kit.

When equipping yourself becomes a hobby you gain choices and power. I arrange my workshops for quick mobility and easy reconfig though I don't expect to move again because that makes them more versatile.

>> No.2489777

Metal detecting, although idk if it's legal in Asia.

>> No.2489781

>>2488537
ah you're a draft dodger.

>> No.2489787

>>2488439
I don't have plans yet but I've got some idea for a wooden toolbox sitting on a cart with wheels and a takedown workbench as the back of the cart behind it.

There's lots of very efficient designs for workbenches and hand tools storage. It was a very mobile career

>> No.2489814

>>2488468
Second this, a small roll of woodworking tools you could fit in a pack, maybe a couple specialized things you make yourself for purpose, you could easily get into pipemaking. All you really need is the ability to source chunks of hardwood burl, and companies are already out there that sell them pre-seasoned and sorted. Can make a lot of money off boomers if you get good.

>> No.2489816

>>2489076
Nigger cry more about the fucking Hohols. The entire history of Eastern Europe is just reciprocal war crimes, of course it's not your problem till it is. Ukraine isn't better than Russia just because they suck NATO cock. Hard to blame anyone for bailing on that stupid bullshit, you're acting like there's a 'good guy' there.

>> No.2489818

>>2489816
>there's a 'good guy' there
yeah, the good guy is defending his country from the invasion of the bad guy
it's that simple, but you don't like it because you are from the invading side and had to bail out once "not your problem" became your problem
and before you say you are not russian (hohols, UA is not better than RU, narrowing down everything to cock sucking) - keep your asiatic lies to yourself
here's a hobby for a nomad like you - grow a spine - no tools or workspace needed

>> No.2489826

Ive heard good things about russians and diy alcoholism

>> No.2489833

>>2489818
I'm not OP, I'm just someone who remembers what the Ukraine was the day before the Ruskies mobilized. Literally the most corrupt nation in Europe. That doesn't change because they elected a faggot to suck off NATO for artillery. Acting like a random Russian dude is bad because he didn't armed revolt against his nuclear government for invading Russia Jr. but with more butt stuff is just fucking retarded. It's just All Quiet on the Western Front, war is hell and nobody asked for it. No need to simp for Ukraine and no need to act like this dude is subhuman for not wanting to die in the name of regime change. Ukraine is bad and OP is pretty cool for not throwing his life away. Both are true.

>> No.2489836

>>2489833
>dindu nuffin serfs can't dindu nuffin to change the regime, pls. understand)))
>russia jr. (never heard of Kievian Rus obviously, because reading books is for faggot westerners)
>narrowing down everything to dick sucking again
so which country you chose for your draft dodging? Kazakhstan?

>> No.2489850

>>2489816
>>2489833
>russian government isn't the same as good boi russian population
>the government and people of the country russia invaded are literally the same and monolithic, their self-defence is le bad
>also their formerly pro-russian president that before 2022 spoke russian, gave up positions in Minsk Agreements and decreased military expenditures was actually a sucky NATO suck dicks cocks penises yum did I talk about gay activities living rent-free in my head yet?
fuck off to nu-/pol/

>> No.2489925

>why don't you do something to stop your evil government
>okay I'll not go to war at great person risk and upset to my life
>not like that reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

What the fuck anon, go volunteer for Ukraine foreign legion and get bombed when your reddit friends dox you

>> No.2489933

>>2489925
ah, here's the reddit line! now mention the trannies and glowniggers and we are all set
now seriously, you didn't said where you ran away

>> No.2490033

I stopped seeing reddit everywhere when I got off that site anon you should try it too

>> No.2490042

>>2488439
Write your memoirs homie

>> No.2490103

Graffiti is perfect your always on the move can cover large ground and be gone again

>> No.2490124

>>2489850
Never said Ukrainians were wrong to defend themselves, but they're an objectively shitty country of shitty people, at least Russians wear their corruption on their sleeve and do their own thing. I have no sympathy for NATO simps. Nothing of value is lost either way, worst case Russia owns 3/4 of Ukraine. Best case, NATO totally disarms itself arming Ukraine over the next few years and dissolves. No shame to anyone smart enough to avoid getting put in that meat grinder on either side and throwing their life away for faggotry.

>> No.2490127

>>2490124
>doubling down instead of going back to nu-/pol/
Glad you cant get "faggotry" out of your head anon.

>> No.2490130
File: 177 KB, 1005x1006, IMG_2161.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2490127
Hard to miss faggotry when you literally cannot stop throating cocks right there in front of me.

>> No.2490135
File: 760 KB, 1200x800, gopnikrollin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2490124
>NATO totally disarms itself arming Ukraine over the next few years and dissolves.

Militarily illiterate vatnik fuck off. Containment worked on your USSR and will work on your Gopnik Federation. You're a shill and a stupid one at that. Your boss should send your ass to the front.

>> No.2490278

>>2490135
You realize that was before the US owned all the defense contracts and manufacturing, right? Besides like, the Philippines and maybe Turkey if they're *really* high on NATO farts, everyone else producing serious arms is east-aligned. The Cold War ended like 40 years ago, Europe got extra gay about guns. That's what happens.

>> No.2490296
File: 77 KB, 640x480, pipe-making-process-pics-gothic-cw-5-2013-03.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2488439
I know the feel
>rent-a-devops that had fuckall choice but to move continents
Old shop is still there mothballed, but it just makes me sad to get in. I just took some tools grandpa passed on to me.
Anyhow, try woodworking but smoll.
Whittle small wood items. It's low cost, quiet and portable.
Dont worry anon, you will settle in eventually, you will always feel sorrow for what you left behind, but you will rebuild, you will bring up a new generation that never needs to feel that pain. Just keep on grinding.

>> No.2490311

>>2488439
Photography and drawing while /out/
there isn’t anything that clears my mind more than going to very secluded areas and taking photos in the wilderness, it is the only kind of photography that I like too

While in a city you could try weightlifting and trying not to kill yourself, that’s a good hobby

>> No.2491104

literally every hobby is portable

>> No.2491441

>>2488439
>I had a woodworking shop of 4 years back home

Start whittling then, you mong. It's woodworking that can fit in your pocket. By this time next year you could be sitting next to a whittled chess set of your own creation.

>> No.2492145

>>2488439
Spare time, all of it, is best used on hobbies that will enhance not detract from employability.

If one is tired of computers a nice contrast is fixing cars and trucks which is of enormous financial benefit over a lifetime even if you only work on yours. You can because I did learn all the theory of operation by reading, and for practical experience you can and I did start at the bottom as a shop helper. If they're not hiring many small outfits will still take a helper and compensate by barter. Knowing this I worked a few months at my bros shop for all the parts I could carry off on salvage runs and they bought lunch. Wrenching is a mentoring culture. Heavy equipment, diesel etc are more secure because fewer do them but the principles are the same.

There's no distraction from one's troubles like aggressive action.

>> No.2492180

>>2488480
You are far too considerate of neighbors. I lived in a college town in a subdivision of white boomers and they never bitched about our shenanigans. You are probably fine with woodworking noises and just be the alpha if confronted.

>> No.2493827

>>2492145
What kind of hobbies can possibly detract from employability aside from recreational prostitution?

>> No.2494202

>>2493827
It's not a matter of detracting but of making the most pragmatic use of your time and labor. Unless you are wealthy it makes sense to have hobbies which save money and enhance control of your life.

Learning to wrench then maintaining, repairing and sometimes assembling all your rides for life saves piles of cash and lets you mod them to suit your desires. OTOH making something like figurines (unless you sell them) is primarily a time killer. For example I want another crew cab truck for towing but the used market is brutal in CONUS so I'll find one needing a drivetrain (LS 6.0/4L80E being my preference since I found a honey hole then self and bro pulled three so far) then plop one of mine into it and drive the thing for decades like my other trucks. That's the pragmatic side of wrenching. The other side is my vintage motorcycle collection which I could not have otherwise there being zero suitable mechanics where I live. It's fun so why not? There is an endless amount to learn even after wrenching forty years.

Learning computer repair, troubleshooting, OS and soft reloading and more means I never needed to pay a shop and can wallow in computers round home and shops. Learning renovation and maintenance slashed my overhead drastically and I get what I want done my way. It's fun so why not?

Every job I've had was tech related and enhanced by my hobbies and the reverse. If you shoot for DIYing widely and effectively you'll learn a grasp of theory and practice narrow, less functional interests can't support. Hobbies are pleasurable work so I get the fun and the outcome while the cash I save is an income effectiveness multiplier. I've never had to hunt work.

Hobbies are awesome but DIY is power. If I want a structure I make it. I never have a car note, have very low overhead and much fun thanks to useful hobbies. That's not unusual. Self and bros help each other so everyone does well.

>> No.2494991

Learn world languages. If youre going to be a nomad, get into it for real. Start with your countries neighbors, maybe some classics, then just keep up with them. In a few years, get to some other country with 5 languages fluent and you've got an ironclad gig as interpreter. Singapore, for example, has 4 native languages, and all elites have to know all four.

I've already decided that path for myself, if I have to retire or leave home. I have a knack for picking up foreign words.

>> No.2495398

>>2489781
yes goyim fight for russia branded globohomo in a brother war instead of american branded globohomo it's really different

>> No.2495537

>>2488439
whittling/wood carving. all you need is a small pocket knife, wood is everywhere. whittle chess pieces, figurines, tools/handles for tools, cool patterns.

>> No.2495540

>>2488439
>I had a woodworking shop of 4 years back home
also why can't you pack the best tools in a tool box or a gay wheelie tool caddy and take them with you? also see: workmate.
for years I lived in apartments and had no outdoor space, just had a workmate and a small yard/alley way, did everything I needed. it's not ideal but it's do-able with portable equipment.

>> No.2495569

>nomad
Based. I'm homeless. I miss building shit. What I advise is building stuff for animals. Bird houses or bird seed feeders. You mentioned knitting and there's some guy who goes around knitting sweater things for poles in my town. You could knit a design and zip tie it to a pole. The bird stuff is shitty plywood and some nails and hammer but since you mentioned noise I'd use a good glue gun since you have a socket. You can buy these bird kits in stores too. I'd also recommend wood carving. Get yourself a pencil or a piece of scrap wood and a nice knoif. Since you're a tech head I assume you already have experience in 3d printing?

>> No.2495656

>>2488439
Can't go wrong with guitar. Although you could learn drums. Then everything becomes a drum

>> No.2495663

>>2488439
Weightlifting

>> No.2495706

>>2488537
>Any directions to look for jewelery inspiration
look into chain mail patterns people use for necklaces and the like.
chain mail items require very few tools

>> No.2495708

>>2488614
he could go forage for blackberry vines, i've seen it done with the thin native vines around where i am, the himalaya and evergreen types would be difficult as the vines tend to get much thicker, but with some looking it would be possible

>> No.2495787
File: 341 KB, 1881x1120, lainscope.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2495569
>Based. I'm homeless.
what's your shelter set-up, homeless anon? tent? or couch surfing? or something else?
>>2495656
>Then everything becomes a drum
KEK it's true. I always catch myself banging old paint cans or buckets.

>> No.2496309

>>2495569
i lived out of my van for three years and one of my biggest gripes was i didnt have tool/material storage to build shit :(
biggest gripe was not having a fridge/oven, i love cooking.

cooking is an amazing hobby, especially if you have friends to feed

>> No.2496314
File: 1.30 MB, 640x1136, D248C05B-49C9-4423-9C59-9D58376511BC.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2495787
i watched this drumset double in size by the evening, dude had a working footpedal thingy too.

also i always hated drummers when i was in school, constantly drumming while i was trying to learn. was it rude of me to ask them to stop?

>> No.2496318

>>2496309
what's "friends"?

>> No.2496319

>>2488537
>when you crawl back after they win they throw you in a gulag
SHIIIIIIEEEEEEEET

>> No.2496335

>>2488439
Whittling