[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 851 KB, 1000x1924, 1335855852206.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
242755 No.242755 [Reply] [Original]

Hello, /diy/

I'm thinking about turning my room into something like the sweet-ass shit pictured right here.

Has anyone done this before? What worked, and what should I think of? So far I know I need fluorescent uv-lamps, them glowy stars.

I need suggestions or tips to make it as awesome as possible. My room is about the same size as pictured, and I'll be painting my walls.

>> No.242766

I have a similar set up with the stars/UV lamps. I'm thinking the stars in the photo may be shooped a little bit because common UV lamps won't provide that even of a glow for stars spread out that large, unless he's using high quality lamps with a higher than average output. If you want to have an entire wall of stars, I'd recommend placing long (18-24") bulbs on either ends of the wall and one in the middle if necessary. Walmart offers the lamps and sockets separately for fairly cheap and your local novelty/gift store will offer them together for around $20 for each 18" lamp/socket. The stars can be easily found at Hobby Lobby for $10 a packet which includes stars in three sizes. OP's pic probably used 3-4 packs for that amount of coverage. As far as the glowing-in-the-dark posters, online would be your best bet, or a local head/novelty shop.

>> No.242785

That's pretty neat