[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2022-06-09: Search is working again.
2022-05-12: Ghost posting is now globally disabled. 2022: Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/diy/ - Do-It-Yourself


View post   
View page     

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 21 KB, 550x550, 3-12mm-Print-Fluted-Correx-Board-Sign.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2413226 No.2413226 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

What UK adhesives will bond strong cotton fabric to polypropylene? Making a sandwichboard for a protest with Correx boards and some cheap dwill fabric. Tried using a staple gun but no dice.

>> No.2413334

>>2413226
did you try roughing up the surface?
120 grit sand paper, scuff it up
something like superglue or epoxy, maybe? I know the least about which compound to you, you'll defo want to sand it for grip tho

>> No.2413338

sew it on
>protest
fag

>> No.2413498
File: 99 KB, 535x448, antifastan-garden-segregated.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2413498

>>2413338
You should contact the technical committee for the protest group who created picrel, I'm sure they will have a solution

>> No.2413509

>>2413498
the fact that this real and 'people' actually think that way is proof that the world population is in desperate need of a mass culling

>> No.2413514

>>2413509
>sees a sign he disagrees with
>"mass culling" sounds about right
anything to stave off your ennui, anon

>> No.2413526

>>2413514
>sees a comment about a pic showing a 100% useless "garden" that is a waste of labor and resources except as a moron tier propaganda effort
>ignores the fact that even a reasonably intelligent child could see that it's 100% useless as a garden and focuses on the sign
>invents strawman who "disagrees with the sign" because that's bad, m'kay?
> only helps move the needle towards the sentiment expressed by the anon that this similarly 100% useless effort was directed towards

>> No.2413528

>>2413526
>i, uh, was commenting on the dirt, not the sign

>> No.2413531

>>2413528
>literally thinks "thin layer of dirt" and "garden" are synonymous, just like the morons whose wasted efforts are shown in the picture
> unwittingly proves the point yet again

>> No.2413537

>>2413531
>misreads "dirt" as "thin layer of dirt"
>"ha I win again"

>> No.2413538

>>2413338
Sounds like a fun idea.
Op staple gun works in wood because it splits the fibres which clamp the staple, plastic doesn't do that but if you had an anvil behind to form the legs properly like a paper stapler it should have held.

>> No.2413544

>>2413537
>attempts semantic "gotcha"
>premise isn't even barely logical
>looks even more juvenile and stupid
>remains blissfully retarded, ready to go again

>> No.2413547

>>2413531
>literally thinks "thin layer of dirt" and "garden" are synonymous
>>2413544
>attempts semantic "gotcha"
>looks even more juvenile and stupid

>premise isn't even barely logical
>"mass culling"
yikes

>> No.2413555

>>2413226
When in doubt, cyanoacrylate.

>> No.2413562

>>2413547
>also doesn't understand that "moral", "ethical", "legal", etc. and "logical" are entirely different things.
>proudly trumpets this fact

>> No.2413563

>>2413514
>muh plant allies
>muh disadvantaged poor negros
>garden is absolutely useless and fucking retarded
pls kys

>> No.2413571

>>2413563
see. it had nothing to do with the sign.
>>2413562
>who am i quoting, again?

>> No.2413583

>>2413563
There used to be a crazy trash picker/hoarder guy in my neighborhood who gathered all the old TV antennas that were dumped when cable took over, and planted them in his mom's yard with the intention of harvesting and selling the new ones that would sprout from the parent aerials he lovingly tended.
That effort was actually more useful than the CHAZ/CHOP "garden" since he wasntva belligerent psychopath and could be approached safely and talked into harvesting one early if you needed some cheap scrap aluminum stock for a project.
He was manifestly unwell mentally due to both congenital factors and untreated acute mental illness but still possessed more common sense regarding his antenna garden than the CHAZ/CHOP protesters, and was a better neighbor whose presence and activity was not just tolerated but appreciated for decades too.

https://obrag.org/2021/08/ob-legend-jimmy-marudas-has-passed/

>> No.2413587

>>2413583
he was a based guy in spite of his profound mental challenges (he would occasionally advocate mass cullings, for example)

>> No.2413596

>>2413226
>to polypropylene
surface chemist fag here. ain't nothing going to stick to polypropylene unless you give the surface a plasma or oxidizing flame treatment.

>> No.2413600
File: 140 KB, 1100x1650, 07672580.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2413600

>>2413226

>> No.2413604

>>2413596
Sign fag here. That particular material comes corona treated so you can screen- and flatbed digital print on it.
Since OP likely stole a roadside sign to procure it its very likely that material.
That said you are correct about polypropylene and adhesion, that shit is so slick its material memory will literally untie knots you make in rope made from it.
It quite literally "fights the power" of adhesives, which is likely why so many woke idiots itt are trying so hard to suggest products that are as useless as the CHAZ/CHOP garden in this application.

>> No.2413614

>>2413596
>>2413604
Fag vs Fag: the showdown.

>> No.2413634

>>2413614
Thank you, FAGWATCH® volunteer, for your tireless service.

>> No.2413641

>>2413634
honestly, it feels really good to be recognized for once. I put in so many hours of my own time, never getting paid, sacrificing time and energy that I could be spending with my family or on improving myself or just doing something enjoyable...
But a simple "thank you" from someone who appreciates my work makes it all worth it.

Have a great day, anon <3

>> No.2413809

>>2413571
you do realize that most actual humans (rightfully) view nogs as animals; even if they dont admit it, right?

>> No.2414642

>>2413596
>>2413600
>>2413555
OP here, these replies seem conflicting, which should I believe?

Also jesus fuckin christ is this website brainpoisoned these days, can you talk about anything other than muh black people for a second? I made a thread about bonding plastic, I'm not even from the USA for fuck's sake

>> No.2414658

just sew it lmao

>>
Delete posts
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action