[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 92 KB, 468x600, cardboard-kit-of-parts.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23901 No.23901 [Reply] [Original]

What are you currently working on/building/planning to build, /diy/?

I just got a lot of good scrap cardboard, and I'm going to be workin' out the measurements to make this, as I need some shelves for all my shit, and the fact that you can reorganize n' stack them really helps. Think I might even make a long one without a tab, stick it to the wall and have it hold some of my action figures.

>> No.23921

i guess nobody will know for certain until you've actually made it, but that sounds like a recipe for the ricketiest and hooptiest shelves ever.

as for myself i am currently away from home but when i get back i am going to make a splitting maul out of railroad tie plates and rebar

>> No.23950

>>23921
manpoints.jpg

>> No.24049
File: 48 KB, 468x340, cardboard-modular-diy-shelving.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>23921
Sounds fairly destructive.

And yeah, I was thinkin' about that, which is why I'm using almost-new completely unbent cardboard to start with, and I don't plan to put anything too heavy in them except perhaps books in the bottom row.
Does anyone know if there's anything I can spray on the boxes after I finish them that would stop them from absorbing moisture or help keep them stiff? I don't know what would be good for that.

>> No.24062

I am going to be building a custom computer desk. It's going to be a corner desk with a two row book shelf on one end, and a three row DVD/CD shelf on the other. The length of each end is going to be about 6-7 feet. Better start building now.

>> No.24072
File: 1.38 MB, 3072x2304, 40 Meters.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Getting the following up:
3 element 10m yagi
5 element 2m yagi
Receive loop
Antenna rotator (Hygain maybe?)

LMR400 for the two yagis, 75 ohm TV shit for the receive loop.

Also, an inverted L for 160m / 80m.

I can't wait to kick some butt and score some DX contacts on the low bands this winter.

>pic related, but not my station

>> No.24089
File: 9 KB, 1728x708, cardboard.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

cardboard thread?