[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 216 KB, 800x1072, customuniversepaint.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23393 No.23393 [Reply] [Original]

Is it possible to paint a black guitar like this?
I saw few tutorials on how to paint guitars, but nothing this detailed.
Any tips?

>> No.23409

>wraparound tailpiece
you best be joking
anyway, it's very hard to paint guitars because the factory coat is usually polyurethane, and not much paint sticks to polyurethane

>> No.23427

>wraparound tailpiece
>you best be joking
random gibson pic off google, had the best potential to photoshop what I wanted on an LP body.
What is the best option then?

>> No.23430

Paint / airbursh wouldnt turn out like that

you gotta do a vinyl wrap

>> No.23505

>>23430
allright, thanks!

>> No.23643
File: 17 KB, 220x323, Airbrushes-Iawata_Micron.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just looks good 'ol airbrushing to me. Airbrush waterbourne acrilic colors adhere to polyurethane. The most hassle would be from do the clear coating, to protect the airbrush work.
Anyway airbrushing is quite a complicate and expensive art (even thou there is chink knockoff shit around you can get for dimes). It's not that is is hard if you have some drawing-painting skills, but you got to really know how an airbrush works because it requires constant attention-cleaning-tuning-repair.
That said, if you feel like trying go for a 0.3mm nozzle.
>And don't even think to buy a compressor without an air tank