[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 48 KB, 640x480, rcTWj.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2310 No.2310 [Reply] [Original]

Going as the spy for Halloween at my uni, looking for suggestions for additions to my costume. This is what I currently have. It should go without saying that weapons shouldn't be part of this.

>> No.2335
File: 22 KB, 554x435, sapper-real.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm also looking to make an electro sapper, any suggestions there?

>> No.2341

Why not weapons? Just get a balisong trainer.

>> No.2356
File: 52 KB, 500x336, 314354352.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sorry to hijack your thread OP

I'm going as an Engie and I have no idea where to start with the costume. Halp?

>> No.2360

Hats, man. think hats. bonus points if you pick one that *isn't* the fancy fedora.

>> No.2382
File: 349 KB, 1024x768, 5061461738_e36a43a20b_b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2310
Well you could add something like this, as for the sapper thing you could either try to find a cardboard box about the size and find a few switches and crap oooor try to find an older portable radio that has similar dimensions and dress it up

>> No.2384

A paper mask with your face on it.

>> No.2406
File: 102 KB, 400x304, project-box3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2335
Ah, I remember when I used to cosplay the spy.

Anyways, what I used for my sapper, was one of these 'Project Boxes' that I picked up from Radioshack, or pretty much any electronics store. They are quite like a sapper already ! (I kept the metal part on the bottom)

Once you assemble the box after like 5 minutes, you can print out a correctly sized picture of the sapper, on quality photo paper (hopefully you dont screw up), cut it out, and attach it onto the the box.

You can then remove old dials and knobs from an old stove or radio, and use them as the dials on the sapper, and attach them to the front.

if you want to be 'fancy' with it, Im sure before you assemble the sapper, you can cut out a small section of the sapper, where the 'radar' thing is, and attach a printout of the 'radar' onto the underside of a small piece of transparent plastic, and put that on the inside, if that makes any sense.

The main idea is, Use a Project box for your sapper, preferably not the thick ones, use the thinner version, it will be less cumbersome to carry around. You can figure out how youre going to get the picture of the sapper on it yourself.

>> No.2422
File: 997 KB, 960x720, tumblr_ltdsjacssY1qet8yyo1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2335
Trawl around second hand shops, you could try to find an old casette machine to modify.

>> No.2445

>>2335
You might not have enough time to really do that prop right--metal construction, good lettering, the proper switches and knobs, etc.

>> No.2475

>>2360
I was going to take every single hat in my house and wear them at the same time, but I'd have nowhere to store them when I wasn't wearing them.

>> No.2486

>>2422
Thanks, this looks perfect.

>> No.2521

>>2341
I'd rather not cause a police scene for someone thinking I have weapons on campus.