[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 59 KB, 1218x864, atomic-explosion4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
214163 No.214163 [Reply] [Original]

Since the Red Scarlet is out of my reach, I started pondering ways to somehow get a 4k resolution with decent quality. It then dawned on me: just make a digital camera continuously shoot at 24fps.

Problem is, I'm not entirely sure how to do that. I have a Canon that's 12 megapixel (that isn't 4k, but I think it's at least 2k-ish) and I'd love to get it to do this. I just don't know how. Thoughts, /g/?

If we can figure out a way to hack this, it would be extremely cheap film making for everyone.

Also, DIY cinema cameras.

>> No.214164

That's actually a pretty good idea, though impossible.

>> No.214194

I really doubt that this is possible - 24 fps would mean a LOT of data being written to the memory card every second. If you want it raw (uncompressed) I guess that's a few hundred megabytes a second - well out of reach for the memory card. If you want it compressed (JPEG or whatever) it will not be able to compress 24 pictures a second. Also think of shutter speed limitations, 41 us is the maximum (and unachieveable because of phhysical setup time between shots) shutter speed you will be able to use.

:(