[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 163 KB, 1280x958, 01A3A8D1-91C7-4401-B7EA-2EF6B6EBAF04.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2044296 No.2044296 [Reply] [Original]

what’s up /diy/, I’m starting to think about my next project which is gonna be my tiny shitty ensuite (about 3m by 1m). Not sure how to approach it yet, I’m still pretty new to this stuff and don’t really know what I can and can’t do myself, what order I should do things in, how difficult and costly things are, etc.

So what I wanna do in here, roughly prioritised:

-Deal with section of water damaged drywall (dunno where to start on this)
-Replace tiny weird sink with vanity that’s centred over the fixtures (can I do the plumbing myself? should I try and build one in place and put a premade sink on top, or just buy one?)
-Install an extraction fan (think this needs a sparky, there seems to be a ceiling cavity for one but idk if it’s suitable - house is from the late 50s)
-Move light fixture from wall to ceiling
-Remove grab bars from shower and drywall (can I easily seal the holes in the shower tile?)
-Get a taller showerhead (or just move it a bit higher) so I don’t have to crouch under it any more
-Install shower caddy and/or shower cavity (how can I tell if the wall is suitable for a cavity?)
-Remove tiny shitty medicine cabinet and replace with wall mirror above new vanity (do I need to fill the cavity?)
-Tiling - if it’s not too expensive and/or difficult, I’d do all four walls, the shower and the floor. Currently the shower is tile and the floor is vinyl. Anything that doesn’t get tiled will get painted (there’s a sample of the colour I was looking at under the window). this powder pink is sapping my lifeforce

(cont)

>> No.2044297
File: 182 KB, 1280x958, 20EBF6D8-EAE5-4A19-9EE1-77D24B9EBBC5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

-Install fixtures like towel rail, hand towel ring, TP holder (should be easy right?)
-Replace shower curtain with glass door or partition
-Do... something to the window? Like I see bathroom windows with a few parallel panes of frosted glass, what’s the purpose and should I do it?
-Toilet is perfectly fine so I’ll probably keep it. Shelving next to it will go once the vanity’s in and all my stuff can go in there - might get some smaller shelves, but gotta make space for the TP holder first
-I think this might be wishful thinking, but I would absolutely love a curbless shower. how do I know if the room’s suitable for one, and how much harder is it than doing a regular shower? my understanding is you just gotta get the floor on a slight grade so the water drains one way, but I’m sure there’s more to it than that...

So, like, any advice lads? where do I start? my mate said that you can find decent tile pretty cheaply on gumtree (like aussie craigslist kinda), any other tips for doing this on the cheap?

>> No.2044299
File: 134 KB, 1280x958, DE918088-C53D-4ECE-88F0-A4732667EB47.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2044297

>> No.2044301
File: 145 KB, 1280x958, 3725BA3B-86C6-4049-85D1-23ECCA5DB0BE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2044299
Closeup of the damaged section

>> No.2044478

Google it you little bitch. Your obviously new to posting on 4chan also. We don't like people like you who makes everyone else spoon feed their dumb ass. Maybe if you faggy zoomers didn't spend so much time talking shit about your parents and tried to learn anything whatsoever you wouldn't have the IQ of a bag of doorknobs.