[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 3.88 MB, 4000x3000, IMG20200627113118.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1966072 No.1966072 [Reply] [Original]

hi looking for art books that teaches drawing any objects from any angles precisely... most similar too kim junggi
like drawing a bike/bicycle from the lower angle(below) with its front tire turned... in extreme views/angle.
the key is to be precise correct...fun.

please share anything you know tx ::)))

>> No.1966285

>>1966072
develop your spatial cognition skills through drawing objects from extreme angles in real life. Increase the palette of objects you can draw/visualize on command. Incorporate principles of art. Profit.

also get out of this board.

>> No.1966295

>>1966285
>Increase the palette of objects you can draw/visualize
That is not a valid use of "palette". Stop being pretentious because it's making you sound stupid.

>> No.1966556

>>1966285
i cant seem to not use perspective guideline. is it possible to work precise perspective without going through the vanishing points? or maybe get precise angling without relying on vp and perspective lines

>>1966295
?????

>> No.1966647

>>1966072
Start with
>Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain
Go through every exercise while practicing drawing from life. Carry a notebook at all times. Do both slow, intricate detail drawings and fast, loose work. Draw on small, medium and very large butcherblock paper in pencil, pen, colored pencil, marker and charcoal. Then get, read and practice from:
>RapidViz, any edition, Hanks and Belliston
>Sketching the Basics, Eissen and Steur
>Sketching - Drawing Techniques for Product Designers, same authors
>Design Drawing, Ching
>Mechanisms and Mechanical Devices Sourcebook, Chironis, any edition as it's really expensive new
>>1966285
Drawing is visual thinking and necessary for good making of all kinds, from houses to 3d prints.
>>1966556
You're looking for multipoint perspective but need to learn the basics first.
>t. industrial designer

>> No.1966727

>>/ic/

>> No.1967202

>>1966727
>>/ic/

>> No.1967222

You made the same thread several times a few weeks ago. You could have used this precious time to practice and it gud, but apparently you've done fuck all and are still at the same point.

There is no trick, no easy way into it. Reading all the books isn't going to help you one bit if you don't practice.

>> No.1967231

>>1967222
>There is no trick, no easy way into it. Reading all the books isn't going to help you one bit if you don't practice.
Drawing creates new links between the hand, eyes and brain. It has to be practiced continuously to git gud. When I was in art school we spent 9 hours of in-class time per week drawing Freshman year, plus homework. Models, still life, museum time, outdoors, indoors, fast, slow, mechanical, organic. Then when you chose a major you learned to draw inside that major, so architects learned perspective, ID learned isometric, painters learned to ink their asses up like baboons.
The book links I posted are useful but practice makes perfect. OP, if you're still here, DRAW.

>> No.1967491

>>1967222
>>1967231
i ve got alot more ugly scribbles and my improvement is stale.i ve drawn alot of faces but once i move into hands i just died a little inside. so i wonder about a general purpose tool? idk they say to "think outside the box" or something.

also, no reference cuz "bad habit".
trust me, i really like scribbling correctly more than asking you lot. but i dont make good on my own even with all these stacks of paper.

oh well nevermind guess that's all. times out.

>> No.1967500

>>1967231
>no easy way

yeah im just asking cuz it d be fun for me if it exist something more direct and practical to draw anything perfect correctly without 3d software and refs.

>> No.1967508

>>1967491
See my reading list above. Get Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, it's like $1 used. Go through every exercise.
Also, don't draw faces and hands exclusively. Draw boxes, balls, buildings, shadows, mechanical components. When you are going to draw hands, do 10 second sketches until you've done hundreds of them.
What do you mean 'bad habit'?

>> No.1967509

>>1967500
3D software isn't perfect. Being able to hand draw first is important because it trains your brain to think in 3 dimensional space. Also, references are absolutely essential for good work.

>> No.1967519

>>1967508
oh yer that anon. thanks.
>hundreds of sketches
well i can do them just fine now once i figured its shorthand...

now i m mostly dealing with irregular objects like bike wheels and propeller...
not that my hand sketch is "perfect" but i wish my other drawings can be as simple and precise as it.

>>1967509
>3d software isnt perfect, hand draw
aw man, wish i can clone you here to say that to my dad who tells me to just 3d it all lel

>reference
ye well its just costly actually thats all

>> No.1967523
File: 1.49 MB, 3000x4000, IMG20201202123018.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1967508
box and balls and buildings r easier than propellers and wheels and mechs....
well sort of
maybe cuz buildings are mostly box and boxes r made of like... 9 visible lines? yeah

i guess i just want to know the..shorthand construct of it.

make lineart correct enough from any angle.

>> No.1967601

>>1967519
Software doesn't teach you how to think. Drawing is a form of thinking.
Not sure what kind of references you are talking about being expensive. Photographs are free, as are images from the web. The books I listed all can be had for under $10 each, used, though I bought Sketching the Basics new because it's sweet.
>>1967523
Practice. Learn multipoint and isometric perspective once you feel comfortable freehanding it. One suggestion, get a huge butcherblock and draw with charcoal to loosen your whole arm up.

>> No.1967610

>>1967601
tx anon i like hearing that 2d thinking is important.

>multipoint and isometric
yeah it s very easy to do with guidlines. just thinkening lines and so on. then once you take it out i m just completely blank and unable to see anything except the shorthand trick i utilize.

it's infuriating as i probably dont develop muscle memory or whatsoever so i should give up and die, so i thought something else will help and clear things up at least... like camera matrix and projecting perspctive to paper... things that you dont just trace on top but more of oredicting the next line to draw at relative to any lines you ve drawn or something

idk i am not most literate so there could be something i mised reading in the old greek math or something...

>> No.1967612

>>1967601
freehanding is, literally doable, but getting the whole thing precise relative to each other and in size... now thats not "freehanding" right?

>> No.1967629

https://drawabox.com

>> No.1968161

>>1967610
>like camera matrix and projecting perspctive to paper... things that you dont just trace on top but more of oredicting the next line to draw at relative to any lines you ve drawn or something
Use a ruler in pencil and erase?
>>1967612
Thumb and end of the tool to eyeball each component length in space. This gets easier with experience.

>> No.1968464

>>1968161
>ruler, pencil
not fun, cant seem to improve, too much different objects, are you sure about this
>thumb, end
i dont get it

>> No.1968481
File: 44 KB, 450x398, thethumbandpenmethodforfindingproportions.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1968464
You really should take a drawing class. Drawbox looks good for online but nothing beats non-COVID in person instruction.
https://www.drawinghowtodraw.com/stepbystepdrawinglessons/2010/01/how-to-find-measurements-proportions-and-angles-to-draw-with-pencil-thumb-method/

>> No.1968591

>>1968481
nothing beats a good 4channing and maybe proper skype either.

i thought there would be a better on paper solution...math, geometry, graphic enginnering... whatever the hell you call it?

>> No.1969014

>>1968591
It really depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you just want to be good at CAD, a drafting course is enough. If you want to render from life, I really think just practice and friend's critique or online course is enough to start. If you want to be an Industrial Designer or Mechanical Engineer, you have to go to school. There's a huge gap that's filled with years of practice and certifications for technical fields between a good amateur and a professional.
> math, geometry, graphic enginnering.
These all apply depending on exactly what you are drawing. The issue is there is no universal shorthand answer because what it really requires is hours and hours of practice.

>> No.1969245

>>1969014
what if i have given that hours already?
im just untalented and should give up huh?

>the terrible question i never want to ask

>> No.1969415

>>1969245
No such thing as talent, but there is good and bad practice.
If you practice flawed techniques you won't improve. But even with good techniques it's a slow process.

In the end it's a matter of how much you actually want to git gud. Do you intend on doing it professionally someday? If so you seriously need an actual IRL drawing course.
If it's a hobby you are not in a rush, we're talking years of practice here.

You seem to be looking for a shortcut that we can't give you because there isn't any. We type walls of advice that you straight up ignore as soon as it involves time and practice.
I understand why you're frustrated but do you really have to? The main thing you need to learn is patience.

>> No.1969447

>>1969415
>professional, hobby, years of practice
neither of those all, i m talking about good images all the time really. maybe sort of independent. i dont know of professional or hobby. it s not the case as i have selections of things and everyone has their own opinion of "professional" , things we dont do anyway. if you say hobby in way that is "whatever" it s not correct either. a certain quality thinking is needed here.

if anything alot of drawing class is not promising the result i want too. so i definitely dont want to churn out that kind of money for something i dont want.

>time practice, patience, shortcut, ignore
really the only reason im "ignoring" them (really no i just ask for more clarity) is because it sounded like a hundred other advice i read and heard before.

sorry if this might offend you but i say it anyway since well, you might just not get offended, is that...your advices sound lazy. it could just be you of course as i dont know who the heck you are... but generally i am looking for deeper insight which...of course completely my mistake for looking among the lay people who could just be some guy who hates drawing completely or just 4channer who tries to bulk up the site's publicity idk

anyway basically those advices shows nothing and has so little weight compared to my case by case issues, which you all have completely dismiss as "shortcuts" and "ignore".

you are just lazy, tired, and disinterested or perhaps even...too hopeful for my level of frustation.
pardon for expecting more from you, i guess maybe it is true that you are indeed tired and disinterested for any "shortcut" whatsoever.
sorry for wasting my time here. i need to finish some all purpose quality general purpose solution and it is disappointing that we are not of similar interest here. goodbye

>> No.1969488

i hate tattooing people

not that i ever lol

hope i wll never need do

>> No.1969516

>>1969447
>expecting a level of advice that could only be obtained from an IRL drawing course from 4chan posts
We do this in our spare time, real teaching costs monney.

When provided with books about perspective drawing you asked what pages you should read, which is a rare level of laziness. If reading and understanding a whole book is too much for you and you'd rather spend that time schizoposting, maybe drawing isn't for you indeed.

Though there are probably specialized drawing forums where people would be willing to spend time giving you free personalized advice without calling you an autist, so maybe give those a shot. But be warned it's going to be a lot of reading and they will suggest you do practice sketches.

>> No.1969554

>>1969516
>schizoposting, drawing isnt for you
well that has been great waste of a day waiting for a worthwhile answer

4chan is truly the shithole of neuroticmongs who couldnt grab anymore penny from their hentailoli shit fetish.

>specialized drawing forums
havent seen any worthwhile shit so far.
i thought there ll be anyone smart here with all the inventive memecalling, guess that simply makes more memes.

>> No.1969775

>>1969554
>4chan is truly the shithole
If you actually read the advice above, and either took a class, used drawbox or bought Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, you'd already be far ahead. We've offered you a ton of advice and kept it in a /diy/ context as much as possible.
The work is on you. There are no shortcuts.

>> No.1970272

>>1969775
sorry i dont have that much money to buy useless books and take expensive useles class like you. it s a 10 y o book i ve borrowed from library several times. unless you know the exact useful page, just shut the fuck up.

unlike your endlessly deep pocket my wallet is pretty thin for uselessly thick book and unrewarding classes. but yeah i guess there s no free lunch here and you are just pushing your capitalist agenda even against a child like me

>ton of advice
not really. it s all just one advice. and you keep repeating the same word over and over if you had cared about what i need you d actually offer something else than your cheap two penny quotes you take from some self help book.

>> No.1971958

>>1970272
>unless you know the exact useful page, just shut the fuck up.
My recommendation was to find an old copy of Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain for $1 (what I paid for it at a used book store) and do every single exercise. It's not expensive and it's not hard, it just takes dedication.
You're just a lazy piece of shit who wants to blame others for your problems. KYS.

>> No.1972078

>>1971958
eat your own advice and actually think out side the box or some shit ala steve jobs or whatever
>dedication
fuck you and your dedication, i am here asking for solution and not laze around drawing the same box evwryday or telling people to KYS
if you had actually give out things that actually matter we d be done by now that "me blaming you" or whatever the fuck you are saying

waste of my fucking time.

and you think you are hardworking.
you are just a lazy braindead gossiping overpaid lecturer, waste of my goddamn time

>> No.1972088

>>1971958
waste of my time. even blaming you is a fucking waste of my goddamn time. sigh
guess there s nothing in that brain of yours not even memes or whatsoever "dedication"

gtfo
even you corpse is waste of time
just be useful for the very least and actually look at the problem at hand

ah fuck

im outta here you win you lazy braindead
keep writing your first alpalhabet forever

>> No.1972090

>>1972078
>eat your own advice and actually think out side the box or some shit ala steve jobs or whatever
The absolute level of schizo.

>if I got this one break or one secret I would break out and everyone would see what a genius I am.

Maybe you're just dumb anon

>> No.1972097

>>1972078
>>1972088
The seething, it burns.
There is no 'solution'. There is only practice, and critique. This is true whether you are drawing for CAD, design or creativity.
Get fucked if you aren't willing to get good.