[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 552 KB, 1048x1160, jury riggin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1957646 No.1957646 [Reply] [Original]

So I have this small chinese music player, it works fine and its pretty convenient so I don't want to change it. But like with a lot modern electronics the battery goes to shit. But in this case is not entirely solded is just glued to the back and connected with a small connector (sorry I don't know the name) , since I wanted to change but couldn't find a direct replacement I was thinking about changing it for a cellphone one like one of those BL-5C old nokia batteries since it seems similar on size and voltage. But I just don't want to add some hot glue to the connectors and call it a day, I want to make so I can remove the batteries and exchange them easily since the BL-5C are pretty common and cheap. I was thinking about salvaging an old battery holder from a phone but it I wanted to know if anyone have done something similar, before fucking it up.

>> No.1957650

>>1957646
See the number 473752 on the battery? That's the standard way these things are designated, it comes from 47mm x 37mm x 5.2mm thick. Find another 3.6V lithium pack on ebay / amazon with the same or slightly smaller dimensions and you've got it. Looks like it's a two wire pack with the + and - doubled up so they can use tiny wires on the tiny connector. Re-use the old connector on the new battery which will just have a bare + and bare - wire. Solder and heatshrink to make good safe connection. Never ever ever let a lithium battery short, fireworks will follow.