[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 174 KB, 540x488, tub.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1937359 No.1937359[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I want to rip out an old alcove tub and replace it with a new one. The alcove is 60x32. I decided against tiling it and will go with a tub surround.

Most tubs we've seen are all narrow and more for soaking rather than showering, we found a good quality one however more suited for showering but its 30".

Here's my issue: The tub surrounds come 32" wide side wall pieces and are meant to have their bottom sit just above the deck. If I install the tub surround on top, there will be a gap indicated in my picture, what do I do to not make this look like shit? Do I rip the surround down to 30 and just have a 2" gap from the alcove corners? Do I try to match a piece of acrylic and try to make it look like the tub is extending out further?

(Not looking to put in a shower only, also they do sell taller surrounds meant for shower /w no tub that I could trim to the side but for 250$ more.. bit too much)