[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 143 KB, 409x353, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1937289 No.1937289 [Reply] [Original]

I bought some stuff that should be attached to wall and it came with screws & plugs as well. However the plugs are like the half size of the screws, so as far as I can see half the screw will be on loose inside the wall. Is that normal? Should I just buy longer ones?

>> No.1937290

Or maybe that means I am only supposed to drill for the length of the plugs and force the screw in, that sounds hard though

>> No.1937304

>>1937289

The anchors are made for drywall. It's only so thick so that any length beyond the thickness of the drywall is meaningless. Also, the end of the anchor will expand beyond the edge of the drywall to further secure it. If you are not drilling into drywall but, say, studs, you don't need the anchors.

>> No.1937529

>>1937289
Never use the anchors that are supplied with stuff. Buy the anchors that are specifically designed to be used in the type of wall you have. You probably wont need the most expensive version but don't just get the cheapest version either.

>> No.1937646

>>1937304
>The anchors are made for drywall.
the style of anchor op posted is absolutely not for drywall

>>1937529
>Never use the anchors that are supplied with stuff. Buy the anchors that are specifically designed to be used in the type of wall you have.

you can put a longer screw in a shorter plug but you drill out the length of the screw and a little more for luck (and dust)