[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 8 KB, 225x225, download (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1936360 No.1936360 [Reply] [Original]

Hey I was hoping to get your advice.

My friend: 30 yrs old, married with 2 kids (4 yr old boy, 1 in the oven), smart guy, master in quantitative finance, phd candidate, loves coding, robotics, drones, building apps, practical guy who likes the "efficiency" of robotics and coding

He currently has a raspberry pi and learns about coding on his own time.

Gift ideas/ direction:

Arduino Starter Kits + other kits
Raspberry Pi project kits
3D printing equipment
Circuitry drawing / building like circuitscribe.com/products/super-plus-kit

Budget would be a couple hundred EUR I guess, we are a group of 8 friends (4 families) and we would all pitch in.

I know there are cool subscription kits for young adults / kids / beginners but I am not sure the value is there, they seem to overcharge for their "packaging" as I understand, and not really geared to adults.

Any ideas? or questions to consider/ ask?

Thanks in advance for your help.

>> No.1937061

>>1936360
get him a cr 10 3d printer or an ender 3 if you have to go cheaper, both are excellent fun and let you build whatever you want out of plastic

>> No.1937080

>>1936360
Why not just gift him cold hard cash?

>> No.1937367

>>1936360
Quality hand tools he doesn't have. The more generally useful the gift the more delighted the recipient.

>> No.1938121

>>1936360
Remember to wear a condom OP.

>> No.1940261

>>1938121
Fuck off retard. He should be having more children if he is white.

If you get him the Arduino/pi boards, some basic equipment and a 3D printer, he will find things to build

>> No.1940805

>4 families
It almost sounds like you are trying to make a school. If you gave a little more info on what your objective is, I'd be able to make a better suggestion.