[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 34 KB, 757x604, Furniture Plan.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1935995 No.1935995 [Reply] [Original]

Evening /diy/, Any feng shui/furniture organisation enthusiasts want to help an anon out?

Pic related is the floorplan of my studio flat, pretty small but a lot of empty space in its current form.
Was wondering how you'd suggest I plan my room out? Was thinking of getting a table, maybe moving the bed around. Not quite sure. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

>> No.1936954

where's your TV you bugman?

>> No.1936961

>>1935995
what kind of hoarder plans for 2 rooms of "storage"?

>> No.1937409
File: 31 KB, 703x573, Furniture Current Layout.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1936954
Don't have one. Just monitor on desk.

>>1936961
None really, just suit closet and utilites like vaccum and ironing board. Mostly unused to be honest.

I've just got a room divider/shelving unit for the center of the room. Seperates the bedroom from living space. And I've also done some rearranging. This is just an update for those interested. Red new, orange rearranged.

Of course any other suggestions are more than welcome. Especially with the new empty spaces in south and east of the room by the window.

>> No.1938323

>>1937409
pathing between the entrance and the storage areas is weird, I'd move the sofa/table combo back down towards the radiator while keeping the divider where it is. This would also solve the poor pathing from the kitchen - having the "hallway" at the center of the space and not looping around the bottom would be a lot less obnoxious.
This is really a poorly thought out base space in general though. The window placement is extremely suboptimal, with the storage doors where they are you can't really utilize the view or light source properly without obstructing access or creating weird pathing; the fucking bathroom requires travel through an entirely separate space no matter where you are, all of the entrances to/from the main space are on separate sides/orientations which limits space utilization on its own, etc. Why did you choose this space to live in?
Also I'd move the second smaller bookshelf to extend the divider shelving more and create a further separation between the "bedroom" and "living room", but I like a lot of separation between spaces so your own personal mmv. Similarly, I'd also rotate the desk both so that my back doesn't face the entrance while I'm working and to avoid light from the window directing at my eyes, but your preferences with that may vary.
>no TV
incredibly based, I stopped watching TV years ago and have never looked back. Also saves money on your bills so you can eventually move into a space that isn't designed like shit.

>> No.1938358

>>1938323
>This is really a poorly thought out base space in general though.
This is often the case with these large buildings cut closed off and turned into flats, I live in a very large city where this shit is the norm.
>Why did you choose this space to live in?
It's easy for work and cheap for my salary. I'll move out next year, but doesn't hurt to make the place nicer right now, I'll just take the furniture with me.

Thanks for the suggestions. You're right I might end up moving the sofa back to the radiator. I'm getting a larger rug that should make the living space more "homely" so to speak. Not sure about moving the bookcase, was thinking of selling it as most of my things are now on the divider.
>personal mmv?
Not sure what this means.

>I stopped watching TV years ago and have never looked back
Yes, I find the concept pretty ridiculous really.

>Also saves money on your bills so you can eventually move into a space that isn't designed like shit.
Harsh but fair.