[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 1.06 MB, 2000x1339, new-construction-house.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1889102 No.1889102 [Reply] [Original]

I'm looking for new house construction advise.
For the past 14 months I've been looking on and off to buy a house for myself. My budget is 350k. So far I realized that most houses in that price range not too far from work are crappy, and taxes are too high.
So for the last 4 months Ive been looking out of state. For the same amount I get a much bigger/better house with low property tax, big ass lawn, and the single most important thing to me, a 2.5 or bigger car garage. I wrench. I need a nice garage.
I have not been able to find anything I like. Stuff I found that seemed too expensive for what it is gets sold in 2 days. Im sick of driving an hour out 2 or 3 times per week to look at a home that gets sold before I can even think about them more. Doesnt help that 98% of ads do not have any pictures of the garage.
Ive been thinking. Is it better to buy land, and build a house? Timber frame if dooable. 3 bedrooms. 2 stories with a full basement. attached or detached garage. finishing and furnitureing. What am I looking at? Besides buying the land, demolition, getting documents, that aside. I have 230k saved up. my folks might help and gift me 40k.
anyone here bought a tearmedown and build something nice for under 400k?
how can I get in on new developed land and stake my claim?
avoid hoa
this will be around Kenosha, WI. I work near Chicago. Yep, I know.

>> No.1889118

>>1889102
>I have 230k saved up. my folks might help and gift me 40k.

Don't spend any of that. Put it all on credit .

>> No.1889179

>>1889102
Stay out of my fucking state.

>> No.1889192

>>1889102
Go for ICF construction, its like 10% more but it'll last for a century with an R value of 50+ if you get thick enough blocks

>> No.1889224

>>1889102
The housing market is going to crash at the end of the year or the beginning of next year. Can you wait until then?

>> No.1889293
File: 196 KB, 652x585, 90-Day-Fiance-Juliana-Custodio-and-Sarah-danced-together-to-a-song-with-deep-meaning-for-both-of-them-min.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1889224

I WISH it was going to crash. I'm an underwriter and I would bet my next year's salary that housing is going to boom in the next 5 years beyond 2000-2007. The Fed knows it basically can't raise interest rates past 3.3 for the next 5 years without putting the Zoomers on their ass and pricing the millennials out of the oncoming dead boomer market tsunmai (we're already seeing it- parents die, and their kids make 400% on their parent's 2002-built house in a matter of days.) The banks own every single politician local and federal, and they are the ones paying the news sites to publish stories about how low interest rates are and how you need to take advantage. The 2008 regulations will prevent 2008 from happening again, at least in the areas of the country that matter (northeast, southwest, and west coast - nobody cares about flyover country.)

>> No.1889701

>>1889224
i keep hearing this. prices are not going down but interest is super low and everyone is buying. houses are sold in 2 days.

>>1889192
>ICF construction
i saw this shit before and it sparked my interest. how hard is it to build a custom home in the middle of the slat bubble? all available lots are all pre-approved for local builders and its all cookie cutter garbage

>> No.1889718

>>1889102
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/6856-Ellis-Dr_Long-Grove_IL_60047_M80944-35010?view=qv

>> No.1889752

>>1889118
Horrible advice, prices are going way up because of inflation. Its not that shit is worth more, your money will be worthless. You can build a garage for less then 10k.

My advice: buy land or stocks

>> No.1889807

>>1889293

I'm currently selling my house and in 4 years (with about $20k in improvements) the market is pricing it 140k over what I paid so I'm bailing and moving to the suburbs

>> No.1889812

>>1889752
>buy house on lone
> payment is still the same even though dollar is worth less
>somehow a bad thing.

>> No.1889851

>>1889752
>>1889812
I saved my money to buy a house. i dont need a 30 year loan for $2k a month + property tax and other bills. after my downpayment I'm going to take a 15 year loan under 3% i'll have a monthly payment of around $500. all the extra money i'll be saving by not paying 2k+ worth of rent is going straight back into the bank till I accumulate enough to start making large improvements like a new deck, or a new garage.

>> No.1890038

>>1889293
can you explain how this guy is wrong? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEI3GIU5m3s
>>1889701
see this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTx5x5QViwc

>> No.1890040

>>1889701
>i keep hearing this. prices are not going down but interest is super low and everyone is buying. houses are sold in 2 days.
Yea, housing prices were very high before the 2008 crash. Buy the top though, I don't care.

>> No.1890056
File: 216 KB, 1392x788, 1592660402834.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1889102
https://www.cheapoldhouses.com/latestlistings/
Take the Flyover Pill

Buy 4 houses and rent 3 and live like a Jewish overlord.

>> No.1890061

>federal reserve on course to double money supply this year
>record gov debt that can only be serviced by low interest rates

lol mass money printing and permanently low interest rates and the tards on this board somehow think housing prices are going to crash? we are heading to the MOON

OP you best buy on credit, invest 10% of that money in gold and you will be able to sell that gold to pay off the mortgage in 5 years

>> No.1890079

>>1890061
China and Israel are working in tandem to destroy America and suck her blood dry like the kikes did to Germany between WWI and WWII. Then they can follow through with their new silk road plans with Jerusalem at the center of the world. They'll probably keep us afloat long enough to destroy Iran and then help China sink our Navy and finish turning USA into Brazil 2.0

They may raise up another Hitler to force the diaspora kikes to flee to Israel. And use China to deliver the final blow that destroys the greatest white nation to ever have existed. In 200 years the Jews have managed to turn Russia and China into mindless slaves to the state, and Europe and America into mindless nigrafied debt slaves hooked on Pedowood brainwashing.

They truly are vile, disgusting Antichrist vermin who are cursed by God and a cancer to any society that harbors them. The fucking Palestinians offered them refuge with open arms when Hitler came to power, and the Jews repaid them by treating them as subhuman animals and stealing their nation out from under them.

It is unreal how despicable Kikes truly are.

>> No.1890083

>>1890079
Oh, and before my braindead burgerclap brothers say "muh nukes", the kikes have infiltrated all branches of the military to the very top and will make sure we don't get a single missile off when the shit goes down. And if by chance we do, some rogue sub captain unloads his payload, none of them will be heading to Tell Aviv or Jerusalem. Kikes don't give a fuck how many of their insectoid chink drones we wipe out.

>> No.1890089

>>1890083
>>1890079
>people like this actually exist and believe the things they spout

>> No.1890097 [DELETED] 

>>1890089
>t.Jewish vermin
It's obvious to anyone with 100 IQ points to rub together that you people are predators and antisocial degenerate vermin. It's the same over and over, time and again the Jewish population abusing their hosts and sucking their blood until they can't suck any more and then they open the gates to the enemy hordes like they did for the Muslims in Jerusalem and Spain in the middle ages, same as they are doing with Arabs and Africans in Europe today and Spics and Sudacas in USA as I type this, you are a cursed people and a plague to every nation on earth until the end of the age and God has finally had enough of your shit and casts you into Hell with your father the devil and all of his angels. All you have to do is follow Jewish migration through the last 2000 years and witness the cancer you spread wherever you go. The quintessential predator and abuser crying out they they are the victim while abusing the unsuspecting and good natured host.

>> No.1890098

>>1890097
-> >>1890089

>> No.1890101

>>1890098
He isn't lying...

>> No.1890114

>>1890101
Schizophrenics arent lying when they say they see hallucinations, doesnt make their interpretation of anything valid or real.

>> No.1890120
File: 282 KB, 720x563, 1592999870219.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1890114
>Schizophrenics
Hm, it's almost like whenever someone calls a certain subgroup out on their shit a brigade of shills come out of their nests to throw around buzzwords like "conspiracy theory" and "schizophrenia" and gaslight because they literally can't refute anything being said.

Really makes me think...

>> No.1890125

>>1890120
Nice reading comprehension

>> No.1890129

>>1890125
Based on this thread, what makes you think you'd get anything other than paranoid incoherence?

>> No.1890131
File: 121 KB, 1024x1024, 1591050664343.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1890125
>everyone who doesn't like shysters and trannies is a schizzo

>> No.1890139

>>1890131
You went back and reread it, but still cant comprehend it?
Not surprising I suppose.

>> No.1890145

Nothing more fucken annoying than boomers trying to make a shit load of money from inherited property, inflating the prices like a bunch of kike-wannabes. Coronachan was a disappointment.

>> No.1890531

>>1890145
this. im seeing houses bought for 120k, fully remodled, and trying to sell for 330k. fuck no that shitty one level ranch home does not have 100k worth of improvements in it. maybe 30k tops. fuckers act insulted when I offer 280 after the house was on the market for a month.

>> No.1890537

>>1890531

keep looking, eventually someone will cave and accept a lower offer. I got a house for 70k below list last week

they are out there

>> No.1890623

>>1890537
ive been at it for almost a year. i couldhave built a house in that time to my own liking. thats what im trying to find. how much will a 2000 square foot 2 story home run me?

>> No.1890714

>>1890623
Why don't you ask some builders this question?? Obviously it varies hugely by region in the USA but in my region $250/sqft will get you a fucking NICE house

>> No.1890726
File: 257 KB, 604x613, 1597211177836.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1890040
will there be another housing market crash?

>> No.1890736

>>1890714
>Why don't you ask some builders this question?? Obviously it varies hugely by region in the USA but in my region $250/sqft will get you a fucking NICE house
>$250/sqft
>$250,000 for a 1000 sqft studio
Wow, what a deal bro. When are you going to kill yourself?

>> No.1890878

>>1890726
Absolutely. This one is worse.
in 2008, banks fucked up, but it was primarily a financial aka banking crisis. Part of the crisis was caused by people whose income didn't support their mortgage payments. But only part. The problem was the financial system's risk taking. The solution to a banking crisis is to prop up the banks.
This is an income crisis. The root of the crisis is people not making money. The solution is to give people more money. But the retards in charge can't figure that out, at least in the US. If people don't have money, they can't buy new houses or pay mortgages. You can send mortgage rates negative, but people don't have money to afford the payments.

>> No.1890890

>>1890878
I have 140k saved here in CA, making 60k a year after taxes. I wish I didn't have to take advantage of people's misfortune, but this may hopefully be the best opportunity for me to buy a house. Just got to bide my time

>> No.1890900

>>1890878
I have money, a fall back, and a stable job that pays well with a LOT of OT this year. should i not buy now? whats gonna happen? right now interest rate is low as fuck, so thats good. i can take a 50 or 100k loan and pay it off in less than 10 years if I choose too

>> No.1890901

>>1890890
if a seller needs to sell, you are doing them a favor. They need to get rid of the mortgage. I'm not even justifying some neo-liberal fantasy here. If I needed to sell my house, I would want it sold ASAP. I do not want to make one single more mortgage payment, i dont want to have to lower my price, etc. Like fuck the system, the banks, etc, but the reality is that transaction has to go through.

>> No.1890915

>>1890900
Timing the market is impossible.
Tight now people are propped up by the new crisis laws like mortgage and eviction moratoriums That's freezing the market which is just delaying the inevitable.
Pay attention to the kinds of laws which get passed. When the propping up of mortgage holders / renters stops, the process will start.
If Trump wins, expect something with in the first half of next year. He'll pull the rug out from under people.
If Biden wins and the Dems take the house, they might enact a New Deal to employ people, which would possibly reverse the process. But that's going to be very hard.
Just remember that this crisis is about dollars in people's pockets. When things change, ask how that's going to put actual dollars in people's pockets. Real dollars. Not keep them in their homes temporarily, but put actual real dollars in their pockets.
the longer that takes, the more savings people will be using up, and hte more selling will become attractive.
The harder it is to pass a real New Deal type reform, the longer it will take, etc.

>> No.1890917

>>1890901
That's a good point, Anon. When do you think the crash will hit? It has to be around the time the moratoriums on evictions are finished.

>> No.1890931

>>1890915
>trusting what an obvious Democrat communist shill has to say
Gas yourself Shlomo.

>> No.1890937

>>1890917
Now could be good, things could change in a number of ways to stabilize the situation. It's really hard to know when.
More specifically, we are in a crisis _right now_. There could be areas where prices are tanking, it depends on the region and the economics in that region.
Like SF is getting crushed because it was already too high, and the people who work there can work remotely now. And who the fuck wants to live in a pile of human feces anyways. But the prices are still not really sane, they are just down, so it's hard to call it a good deal.
Start looking at home sales in an area you want to buy, see if you can get data on what it was like pre 2008, post 2008 till 2019, and from 2019 to now, and the past 3 months.

>> No.1890940

>>1890931
not my fault your are poor and stupid.

>> No.1890965

>>1889102
I've been building houses for 20 years so take it for what you will but I'll give you my advice and experience since you've asked.
If you can buy the land and pay it off you'll be able to get some pretty cheap money at the bank using it as collateral. Then build what you want how you want and have it new and how you want it. Build it simple as possible with keeping in mind future additions and making it easy to add on to. With the land paid for you can get some pretty cheap money though so my advice is to build one.
Here's the important part that is my profession and I can't stress it enough. DO NOT HIRE THE CHEAPEST FRAMER. HIRE THE DAMN BEST!! Everyone and I mean everyone will work with whatever they leave you and you can't make chicken salad with chicken shit. HIRE a good contractor who you can talk to his last 3 recent clients and see some past success. USE THE BEST FRAMER YOU CAN FIND AND PAY HIM HIS RATE.
You will want to over do everything! Every time you have to make a choice you'll wanna do it to the max but try not to. That's why I suggest keeping it simple and minimal with the intention of adding on with ease bc you planned ahead.
You'll start by over doing the sqft, then pouring extra thick footers, then using all #1 premium lumber, then buying the best synthetic felt paper available to put under shingles, then the best available shingles, then the best siding, and so on and so forth. You see what I'm saying. Then by time you're buying bathroom fixtures, countertops, electrical fixtures you know the most expensive and honestly important materials you'll be strapped. That's why I'd build a minimum sq.ft now and finish it with cash to spare. Do that successfully and when you go to conveniently add-on bc you planned ahead you'll be a damn pro at it.
Email me with any questions I'd love to tell you anything I can help with. mattallen.79@hotmail.com

>> No.1891346

>>1890726
yes. clench your butthole

>> No.1891347

>>1890900
reply to this post and I'll find a link with explanation later today. I have to go to work now

>> No.1892581

>>1891347
sure, lets hear it

>> No.1892698

>>1892581
from a month ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEI3GIU5m3s
recent update from the current price spike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTx5x5QViwc

>> No.1893060

>>1890965
This is some solid fucking advice. nice fixtures mean fuck all if the house is a framed pile of dog shit.

>> No.1893166

>>1890056
I legitimately want to do this in a few years
There’s a guy on YT Graham Stephen that talks about buying a duplex/triplex, living in one unit for a couple years (for tax write offs), then moving to another one, renting the unit you lived in before, and repeating the process

>> No.1893975 [DELETED] 

>>1889701
ICF is a bad idea. Foam off-gasses some very nasty stuff, and it burns very well. If a fire starts outside, it burns up to the roof and then back down. If it starts inside, it produces toxic gas and burns very fast.

Steel-reinforced poured concrete doesn't last long, only about 50 years. Not worth it in the long run.

If you're in a seismically inactive area (no earthquakes beyond maybe a 3.5 once every decade or so), go with steel-reinforced cinderblocks. If you're anywhere with serious earthquakes, stick with stick framing but use 6 or 8 inch wide instead of 4 inch wides - more insulation value, tougher house, fewer sticks needed. A modernized log cabin house is good anywhere, at least for the first floor with stick frame above that.

Your best bet right now is to buy a few acres of land - 4 to 40 - in the next couple years and sit on it for a few more years. Throw a decent trailer down, get a well dug, get electricity. Then decide what you want to do house-wise.

My plan is to do above, buy or cut a bunch of green timber, and let it season for a year. After a year, I build a house. First floor is log cabin style, second floor is cantilevered over it, a lean-to shed next to it for luxurious combination bathrooms/sauna/steamroom and another for my 12 x 20 foot kitchen and lounge. Since I'm building it myself with inexpensive materials, I can splurge.

Don't forget tornadoes, wildfires, and floods.

Tornadoes: log-cabin or steel-reinforced ciderblocks, keep the windows relatively small, no thick trees as big as your house within 30 feet, have a basement or at least a storm shelter. Wouldn't hurt to build some stone walls or dirt berms around your property, might deflect wind a bit.

Wildfires: steel roof, no synthetic paints or significant plastics anywhere on or around the house. Follow your state regulations regarding trees close to buildings. Build walls - stone or cinderblock about 20 feet around the house to keep the worst of the heat out...

>> No.1893977 [DELETED] 

... and use light-colored lime-based paints and plasters to reflect heat and as additional fire-proofing. Put shutters - wooded painted white, or steel hurricane shutters - on your windows; leaving windows uncovered turns your house into an oven.

Floods: don't build in a flood plain, simple as. If you do, pay some guy to dump 30 feet of trashed bricks, stone, and soil on the area where you want to build your house. Consider building your house on stilts too, as they do in Louisiana.

You can do a lot of shit yourself just by taking classes as your local community college, but it won't be done quick without a lot of practice. If your time is worthless to you or you want to learn, that's fine. If not, defer to the experts and expect to get what you pay for.

>> No.1894894

>>1889102
>230K ameriquid to build a garden shed

>> No.1896471

>>1894894
thanks trump!

>> No.1896638

>>1889102
Some advice for you, my friend.

If you build a house, you are going to have to swallow a few red pills first. You aren't going to get exactly what you think you want and it's going to take some experience before you know what you really want.

Construction companies are in the business of making money these days, laborers are less skilled than in times past and practices aren't the same as they used to be. Not only that, you are probably ignorant of construction practices as well as what you actually want; you won't know exactly what you want (or how to get it from a home builder) until you've built at least one or two houses.

The house will look amazing when it's built, but it will not age very well compared to older homes. Houses built today generally are not sturdier, won't last as long and the quality of craftsmanship is lower than houses of yesterday. We don't have the same wood or skilled labor anymore.

That being said, I highly recommend that you pay a little more money for better framers, higher quality framing wood, thicker, higher quality subfloor and such. If you're gonna skimp on anything, skimp on something that is easily replaceable like trim and amenities. Have them put in the infrastructure for high-end amenities, but leave it out until you can afford it.

Shitty framing/framing wood has gotta be the biggest problem in most of the houses I've worked on. Good framers are in high demand, though, so you might have to wait for them, but it'll be worth it in the end. A lot of times homes are built with an OSB subfloor that's going twist and bend A LOT over time. Pay a little more for some good, thick plywood instead. Work with your builder so they know what to prioritize and make your presence known on the job site, aka introduce yourself to the subs snd shoot the shit with them for a bit. When workers know who you are and see you frequently, they're likely to do a better job.

>> No.1897929

>>1889102
>that fake wood chimney
america realy is a movie set.

>> No.1898914

>>1896638
excellent guidance here anon

>> No.1899326

>>1889752
>buy land
>buy stocks
>buy real estate
Don't buy shit. We're in a bull market and when "everything" (or what's left of it) reopens and the gaping hole in the economy makes itself known, prices are going to freefall.

>> No.1899413

This is as good a thread as any for my question. I've been envisioning an ideal house for me and I think it's a single floor ranch house on a south facing hill/mountain where the south facing wall is all sliding glass patio door. Maybe there is a high back porch (utilizing ground slope), maybe not. The house essentially just looks like a long rectangle from the top, where the length goes east/west

My disorganized thoughts are:
- full floor heating and AC ports in the ceiling of a short (8'-10') roof - must be ideal for efficient hvac right?
- I figure the full wall of patio doors is possible if there's beams in between each 4 panel section. does that sound right? how thin of a beam could I get away with?
- How much more expensive is it to lay a special foundation into the sloped side of a mountain compared to a flat pad foundation?
- could a cantilevered porch be possible without massive expense? I'm imagining just long joists sticking out past the wall
- If the house is a candy bar let's say 1/3 of the candy bar is rooms and the remaining 2/3 is open floor plan. How wide can the house be before having to put posts in that big 2/3 open section?
- Is it smart to have a basement? I'm envisioning a long house so maybe a basement under like 1/4 of it? How much more in cost could I expect that to add to the foundation?

>> No.1899417

>>1890089
He's going a bit overboard but some of it is correct. If you think everything he wrote is bullshit chances are you haven't looked into it enough or are in fact an ethnic Jew.

>> No.1899537

>>1890079
Based bro sees the big picture

>> No.1899628

>>1889102
>this will be around Kenosha, WI. I work near Chicago. Yep, I know.
>>1889179
I kek'd

>> No.1899632

>>1890089
Dude. You know Epstein was collecting blackmail for Israel, right?
You gotta quit just reading news articles and leaving it at that. Start asking who this guy is, what does he work for, who else works for them, and start connecting dots. It's no coincidence Epstein's brother is a top level international advisory for our US senators.

>> No.1900996

Architect here, why the fuck do you burgers build your houses out of thin sticks and cardboard when there are perfectly good bricks around. Are you retarded? Do you want to replace your house every 40 years when it rots or burns to the ground. Also I heard you cover your roofs with sheets of plywood and stick fake shingles on top of that. Lmao.

>> No.1901008

>>1900996
engineer here. we don't build out of bricks because we don't want to die in an earthquake.
you architects stick to making pretty drawings, while we engineers actually figure out how to built it without it falling down.

>> No.1901020

>>1899632
you do know the Barr's Dad hired Epsteing, right?

>> No.1901024

>>1900996
How's that empire going?

>> No.1901073

>>1901008
Maybe if you made it strong enough retard, it would survive the earthquake in the first place

>>1901024
Cope

>> No.1901079

>>1889102
I would do what I did and find land with a shitbox house I can live in and invest in a shop first. As a gearhead the shop is by far the most important and with a large enough shop I wouldn't need a house (which = kitchen, bathroom and sleeping quarters, the rest is decorative).
If you build your shop first everything is easy should you want a McMansion or whatever. A four-bay shell would be a nice start and you can do the rest yourself.

>> No.1901080

>>1890915
you do know that there are scores of people completely unwilling to work for one reason or another. a new deal isn't necessary, a vaccine + removal of unemployment benefits will bring the unemployment rate back down.

>> No.1901161

>>1900996
modern building practices are shit-tier for innumerable reasons but there are plenty of 150+ year old stick framed houses in the eastern US and Canada

>> No.1902684

>>1896638
Nothing wrong with quality OSB subfloor. Emphasis on quality and minimum of 90 day no-sand, preferably more with built in water drainage

>> No.1902685

>>1897929
Stone chimneys do nothing but leak heat>>1900996

>> No.1902819

>>1901080
there aren't enough McDonalds in the world to hire everyone, lazy or not. the world population has to drop significantly.

>> No.1902984
File: 672 KB, 2457x2873, housepill.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1889102
>anyone here bought a tearmedown and build something nice for under 400k?

all the info you need

t.

>> No.1903031

>>1890056
Is it difficult/a bad idea to add one or one and a half bathrooms to some of these more historical places built in 1907-1930 that have 4-5br and only one bath?

>> No.1903897
File: 71 KB, 717x731, asdfasdfffff.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1902984

Some the worst advice I've ever seen lmao.

>> No.1905077

>>1902984
For the record, never follow this croatian guys advice

>> No.1905118

>>1899326
>We're in a bull market
Not really. We bobo now

>> No.1905124

>>1889293
No credit hoops are gay.

>> No.1905253
File: 330 KB, 750x750, HTB1Vj1XXsTxK1Rjy0Fgq6yovpXaN.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1889102
That house is nice!
Too bad us Americans are now stuck with OSB.
>pic related, even the brick is fake!

>> No.1905254

>>1905118
Clown market?

>> No.1906828

>>1905253
Literally the only thng wrong with OSB is how it looks. Change my mind

>> No.1907108

>>1906828
enjoy your house fire and 4 minute flash point

>> No.1908152
File: 46 KB, 474x353, FRAMING OSB WALLS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1905253
>That house is nice!

that is an OSB house in the making...

>>1906828
>Literally the only thng wrong with OSB is how it looks. Change my mind

not so fat! look at the picture

>> No.1908173

>>1908152
Hey look that third world faggot is here. Clearly a house with moisture issues. If moisture wasn't getting between the OSB and the paper that would not have happened

>> No.1908174

>>1907108
OSB doesn't burn as easily as you think. It does, however, burn quite hot

>> No.1908190
File: 842 KB, 1280x615, rock over osb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1908173
>Hey look that third world faggot is here. Clearly a house with moisture issues.

>not 3rd world
>cant keep water away from staying in house interior

I shigg I digg at buildingScienceTM.

>> No.1908197

>>1890878
Makes infinitely more sense than anything in this thread so far.

>> No.1908204

>>1908190
Nothing you said made sense. Moisture was clearly making its way behind the siding or the homeowner was permanently running a humidifier to keep his house at 80% humidity for mold issues that advanced. Clearly an outlier

>> No.1908598
File: 256 KB, 640x480, house_Rotten_OSB_-_no_kickout_flashing_-_stone_veneer_-_Parlee.preview.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1908204
>Moisture was clearly making its way behind the siding or the homeowner was permanently running a humidifier to keep his house at 80% humidity for mold issues that advanced.

how can it be acceptable than any of that causes permanent structural damage to the house?

>> No.1908637

>>1908152
>>1908190
>>1908598
Stop blaming OSB, it is Tyvek or whatever membrane they tried to apply. Plywood would rot just exactly the same. Hell, even shiplap (structural) would rot too, if it was covered with vapor retardant on one side, and vapor barrier on the other

>> No.1908714

>>1908598
Who cares, would living in any stone building be any healthier if it were that damp? OSB is easy to replace if you are in the .01% freak cases where something like that happens

>> No.1909036

>>1890079
>when you visit /pol/ too much.

>> No.1909187

>>1890040
>>1890726
Can happen, but then again, you pay an acceptable amount (which could have been lower if you bought after the crash, but still it's way lower than renting)
Unless you sell in the crisis, you don't even have to notice it happened.
If you do sell in the crisis, it's probably to buy a bigger house.
>The bigger house also lowered in value
So really, the only time it is a problem, is when you sell your house to buy nothing in return, in which case you'd still better off than renting....

>> No.1909189

>>1896638
Ok boomer

>> No.1909204
File: 44 KB, 672x448, 1393677456861.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1890079
absolutely based.

>>1890089
>>1890114
>>1909036
>le hurr le durr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IYZgok7X90

>> No.1909215
File: 24 KB, 480x320, badman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1909204
get fucked /pol/tard, calling you out with no fucks given >:-)

>> No.1909220

>>1889102
Sounds like you dont have enough money to buy what you want.

That being said, demand is high right now because of covid. wait if you can.

>> No.1909299
File: 625 KB, 1280x1707, jews7149.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1909215
>calling you out with no fucks given

oh you sure got me!

>> No.1909508
File: 19 KB, 600x600, brick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1902685
but the wood thing is not a chimney at all this house probably has a gas boiler using a thin aluminium vent.
>its just fake

This is a brick chimney you either get it insulated or double walled where the fresh air gets warmed up from the exhaust.
that gets the last bit of energy out of the exhaust and it does not create a lower pressure in you're house which sucks cold air through all cracks

>> No.1909540

>>1909187
>If you do sell in the crisis, it's probably to buy a bigger house.
Or because you've become financially insolvent

>> No.1909542

>>1896638
>If you're gonna skimp on anything, skimp on something that is easily replaceable like trim and amenities. Have them put in the infrastructure for high-end amenities, but leave it out until you can afford it.

Yeah, this is solid advice. It won't save you buko bucks unless you include flooring and wall finishes, but it will certainly bring you down from the top of your budget.

>> No.1909579

>>1909299
I know I did, made you reply >:-)

>> No.1909634

Fuck Boomers
Fuck kikes
Fuck Chinks
Fuck the Fed