[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 76 KB, 640x480, Basement_Ceiling_Insulation_035_DJFs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1862841 No.1862841 [Reply] [Original]

I'm redoing a small office shed and took down the ceiling paneling this morning. After that, a lot of the long sheets of insulation (about 2x12) came down. I am not very skilled and I'm having a total nightmare stapling it back up. The insulation goes between the ceiling joists and is supposed to be stapled about midway up the joist, but even though I'm using a ton of staples the weight of the insulation keeps pulling them through the facing paper. I've tried using Gorilla tape to hold it up for long enough to get a bunch of staples all the way down, but it didn't work very well. Should I just get some insulation hangers? Do I just need fatter staples? I feel like roofing nails might work too but I haven't tried that yet.

>> No.1862851

Simpson Strong Tie insulation support.

>> No.1862858

what ever you think will work is worth trying, about 7 million ways to do this.

>> No.1862867

>>1862858
I know, I'm just both frustrated and surprised at how the relatively light insulation pulls the staples through the facing.

>> No.1862883

Ha ha OP is using office staples.

>> No.1863070

>>1862867
Have you considered using staples rates for insulation rather than your office stapler

>> No.1863087

>>1862841
Are you really using an office stapler or did the other idiots just say that? If so, buy a stapler that takes T50 staples.

And cut some sticks to wedge in between the joists. Cut them right you won't even have to fasten them... Just wedge them in and put the ceiling back. Or use the strong tie straps the other guy said.

Or just use pipe hanger strapping. Tons of options.

>> No.1863187

Staple not like a retard. Maybe some tiger teeth