[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 2.79 MB, 350x263, 1304100415156.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
179746 No.179746 [Reply] [Original]

I'm not sure if this is the right board for this but here it goes.

My when I turn my washing machine on it fills up to the very top and starts spilling over onto the floor. I've tried both washing types and different load sizes. I'm about to try a different water temperature setting as well. Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

I have the money to get it repaired but if it's something I can do within two hours or so I'd rather do it myself. Also, it's a kenmore 70 series if that will help at all.
>mfw

>> No.179748

spilling from the edges of the lid, or from under the machine?

>> No.179750

>>179746
Recently purchased?
Check with the store you bought it at, and look up the laws on returning rights in your country, many stores only give you the info on open-purchase.

>> No.179752

there is probably a device that measures the proper water depth, floating device like those used in gas tanks, toilet bowls, it may just be stuck.

>> No.179753

>>179750
Nah, it's pretty old. 10 years or so I think.
>>179748
I'm not sure, I'm going to try a fix I read on another site and see if that works. If not, I'll get back to you.

>> No.179758

Could I please know the make and model of your washing machine? most washing machines have a drain tube, the height of the highest point of drain tube determines the maximum fill capacity of the entire washer on most washers. This isn't always true, but still if your over flowing your washing machine you need to check the drain isn't clogged. So if you could please tell me the make and model of your washing machine I might be able to better assist you.

>> No.179760

>>179758
Yeah it's a Kenmore 70 series. I'm pretty sure it's not that it's being backed up. What happens is I turn it on and it doesn't stop filling up. It never hits the agitation cycle and just keeps filling up with water. I know the hose isn't clogged because I can put it on spin and it will empty out.

The height of the hose exhaust shouldn't be a problem either. The hole that it's supposed to go in is clogged so I've just been running it out my back door (lol white trash). I've been doing that for almost a year now, so I doubt it's that the hose is so low.

>> No.179768

Alright I fixed it. This clear tube that was attached to the back of the load size dial came off. Thanks for the help, /diy/