[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 17 KB, 355x344, carbon-fiber-toilet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
179460 No.179460 [Reply] [Original]

So a relative died, and left me $20k. I want to make more money from this but i know its not a lot. I was looking into whole selling. I have had limited experience with it when i was younger and it was successful until the supplier screwed me.

What would be a good thing to deal do you think? Obviously looking for the best margins, i was thinking perhaps Ipad cases as they are trending recently.

I know 'find a niche' and all that but that would be great if it were easy. Im not looking for new day job just some extra cash on the side.

Picture unrelated...

>> No.179462

>>179460
Learn how to swing trade stocks on small positions.

>> No.179467

>>179462

Do you have first hand knowledge on this? From what i have heard from talking to people in the biz (my aunt for one) this is very risky, its pretty much gambling for the inexperienced .

>> No.179472

>>179460
>Get FFL
>Buy a crate of Mosin Nagants $100 per nugget
>Hold on to them for a year
>Sell them $300 per nugget (20 nuggets per crate)
>Earn 4k profit per crate

>> No.179476

>>179472
$20,000 = 10 crates
10 crates + 1 year = $60,000
$60,000 - $20,000 = $40,000 profit for 1 year

>> No.179479

>>179476

i live in australia, and im not even a permanent resident. Guns could be a problem. But i like that thinking.

>> No.179485

>>179479
>australia
You could always put that $20,000 towards moving the fuck out of that hell hole and moving to a country where you dont have to be part of a shooting club for a year to buy a gun. I would suggest the USA. If you go through the costs of getting into a shooting club in aussie plus gun prices and all that shit you could buy a arsenal of guns in America.

>> No.179488

>>179485

I have been to America and im not a fan, i do like guns and have had fun with them but i wouldn't move country to own one.

>> No.179494
File: 13 KB, 450x311, gold_5_year_o_usd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What about gold? That always goes up eventualy. Anyone have any views on that?

>> No.179495

>>179494
No. Gold is inflated like fucking crazy and it will shoot down as much as 4,000% within the next 15 years. (be prepaired for that bubble to pop)

>>179488
>would not move to a country to own a gun
>moved to a country where your chances of getting robbed went up 45% in the past 30 years

I would leave aussie unless you enjoy getting mugged alot.

>> No.179496

>>179485
>doesnt know australian gun laws

i love it when ki­ds talk shit about a country when they know nothing about it

>> No.179497

>>179495

I would be the last person someone would mug, anyway you dont know were im from. It could be fucking iran!

Its not, its a small pleasant city in England. But still, Australia is fucking awesome, best country i have been to hence why im living here.

>inb4 troll thread.

>> No.179498

>>179496
>ki­ds
Kid troll on /diy/? Kid I was shooting guns before you where born on kiddo so take your child ass back to /v/ andtalented /diy/erwith other kids into kidding yourself into thinking you matter youtalented /diy/er

>>179497
>England, Australia
So you moved from the biggest shit hole to the second biggest? I guess thats a upgrade but still both of those places have a higher rate of crime then America, Canada, China or even Japan with all its crazy sucide. Enjoy getting stabbed when you step off the bus by a 27 year old chav.

>> No.179500

>>179498
whatever you say ki­d, doesnt change the fact you know nothing about australian firearm laws yet try to act like you do

its quite pathetic and amusing at the same time to watch a retard like you do his thing.

>implying fatmerica is better than australia

the HDI would like a word with you, ki­d

>> No.179501

>>179498

yep usa is the best and what not. /b/ is that way. <<<

>> No.179502

>>179500
Heytalented /diy/ermaybe you should look up country stats for 2009-2010 because England has a higher number and a higher percentage of over weight people compaired to America. Enjoy eatting that Mc Donalds burger and gaining weight while America profits of your dumb fat ass,talented /diy/er

>> No.179507

Abort thread. Just another thing ruined by unwarranted American obnoxiousness

>> No.179509

>>179507
>Abort thread. Just another thing ruined by unwarranted American obnoxiousness
>ruined by unwarranted American obnoxiousness
>unwarranted American obnoxiousness

You ask a retarded fucking question with a picture of a toilet and I give you great fucking suggestions then you bitch cry about how im a obnoxiousness American? Kid when did I say im American? I dont have to be American to love America.

>> No.179511

>>179509
haha yes you do. Only an American would think that.

>Point Inadvertently Proven.

>> No.179515

>>179502
cant even say ki­d can you ki­d?

also were talking about australia, not england. you retarded or something ki­d?

>>179509
>give american suggestion
>op not american
>you get butthurt ultrahard
>shit all over thread

whatever you say ki­d

>> No.179564

>>179460
OP Invest in a marijuana factory

>> No.179566

Gold. a good commodity investment

/thread

>> No.179583

>I dont have to be American to love America.

Holy shit, they actually think this!

>> No.179599

>>179509

Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up. People like you are the reason the rest of the world hates us.

Also, you don't know a damn thing about Aussie firearm laws, so shut the fuck up about that, too.

You don't have to belong to a firearm club to own a rifle. It's only for a handgun, which is a Class H firearm under Aussie law, and even then for only six months. The only place you can even draw a "year" length requirement is on how many handgun matches one must attend per year to retain one's pistols.

TL;DR: Shut the fuck up. You're making all Americans look bad and if you know anything about Aussie firearm laws, you're not displaying it.

>> No.179609

weed?

>> No.179620

1. build carbon fiber toilet brush.
2. sell carbon fiber toilet brush
3. ?????
4. profit

>> No.179631

> Gold. a good commodity investment

yep, very true. you should pump your entire 20K into gold bullion. in 2 years, when the gold bubble as burst, you'll only have 5K to worry about, then dump that into some other overpriced commodity until you dwindle your capital to zero. zero capital = zero headaches.

>> No.179654

>>179631

Yeah, because it's such a bubble that the vast majority of the public still doesn't own any for investment and the majority of investors still hold your opinion about it.

Totally a bubble.

>> No.179662

>179654
youre right its totaly a bubble,
/sarc /not

>> No.179664

>>179631
>the gold bubble burst
For that to happen, the centrals banks need to stop printing. Which will devoid the hopium from the people, casusing massive economic contraction.

That's not going to happen. More likely is hyperinflation, and that gold will be nice to have then.

>> No.180065

fuck gold, its been true it goes up constantly, and oldfags like it for that reason, but we just dont live in that same time anymore. if theres anything people with money like to throw money at, its electronics, and apple will continue to keep going up and up with each release of a product.

I've made at least 2k in apple stock the past 2 or so years, which doesnt sound like much, but I'm still in college.

>> No.180083

>>180065

Yep throw that shit into Apple. All of it.

>> No.180261

>>180083
$5k apple
$5k Microsawft
$10k into a plot of land. just sit on it; turn part of it into a campsite/survival camping bullshit and charge people monies to use your facilities but not the land itself (unless you fancy chainlinking off a massive stretch of land.)

>> No.180263

Carbon... Fiber... Toilet...

Seriously, tell me that isn;t a carbon fiber toilet. Please.

>> No.180287

>>179460
f'ing firearms and ammo. SRSLY. They ALWAYS maintain their value, you can use them, if the SHTF they are HYPER useful, and you can get a crap load of them.

>> No.180290

>>180287
Read the whole thread...nevermind. Didnt realize you were in Australia. Im not going to start that argument over again, but why dont they let you guys carry more freely? SRSLY, there are like a million things trying to actively kill you in Aussie, you ought to be able to carry a 50 cal open around there. LOL

>> No.180293

>>180290

I guess the Aussies aren't that worried about those "million things trying to actively kill you".

>> No.180832

>>180293
They should be. There are sharks in the salt water, crocs in the fresh, plants that are poisonous, Gawd only knows how many venomous and poisonous reptiles. Hell they used to BOMB the freaking place to get rid of the rabbits so it would starve out the dingos. The place is a mess. But hey if they had weapons they might put someones eye out. You realize that Aussie is the site of the first non governmental nuke going off right? SRSLY, and NO ONE FREAKING NOTICED!!! But a bolt action rifle...pffft people might get uncivilized.

>> No.180838

>>180263

Hey, when Clark Kent gets the shits, that thing is totally necessary.

>> No.180839

>>180832
love it when americans talk about shit they know nothing about

get a brain before you run your mouth

also stop being a pussy, harden then fuck up, millions of people live here with no problems from the animals and insects.

>> No.181062

errybody knows you don't need a gun in australia. Australians are real men; all they need is a knife and a machete and they can kill fucking everything.

>> No.181087

>>180832
You realise you are talking shit. There was a small earthquake somewhere near a sheep station owned by a Japanese cult. This earthquake was noticed and reported at the time it happend.
This earthquake could have been caused by a meteor or it could have been a straight up earthquake. The seismic characteristics were very similar to other earthquakes detected in the area in the years before and after the cult owned the land.
After this cult had killed a heap of Japanese commuters the station was searched by federal police. The police found the remains of several dropbears that showed signs of sarin gas exposure. Soil testing showed further evidence of the presence sarin use. There was no evidence of uranium mining, enrichment, or the production or testing of nuclear weapons.

>> No.181182

Apple stocks?

>> No.181660

put it on black

>> No.181687

>>181660

best yet

>> No.181701

I have £50 how can I turn that into more?

>> No.183401

Hmm what would I do with 20 grand as far as investing it goes?... Hmm. Id probably buy an oz or two of gold. I might build a green house and grow my own fish/vegetables (Aquaponically) search it up. If you grow your own food then you dont save money on buying food which you get to keep in your pocket. Maybe you could sell Ipad cases too but I dont think thats a verrry good idea because there are tons of people doing that sort of thing already. Maybe grow marijuana?