[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 380 KB, 1720x1122, acrylic paint.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1791217 No.1791217 [Reply] [Original]

I'm looking for a high quality multipurpose acrylic paint. It will not be used for different kinds of craft works and not for canvas painting. The first things I will use it for is painting a bottle and to dye a cotton string and I will probably use it on wood too and maybe leather.

Can I do all that with one type of paint? I'm looking for something high quality with good and lasting colors. I will only use it occationally, so small bottles is better than big.

I have been looking at liquitex, but it is mostly for canvas painting and I read it's not that great painting. It's just too much info out there for a no-painter like me to navigate. Please help. I'm building a lamp

>> No.1791223

>>1791217
>It will not be used for different
*It WILL be used for different kinds of craft works
NOT canvas painting

Sorry for being sloppy guys

>> No.1792348

Giving this a bump. Anyone have experience with Folk Art? They have multisurface craft paint that seems popular

>> No.1792354

Regular old exterior latex house paint.

>> No.1792362

>>1792354
I'm trying to make a high end lamp that'll look like it cost $500 dollar. I feel like old exterior paint will look cheap. I will use it on a small piece of glass and it has to be somewhat translucent