[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 148 KB, 1222x185, Alphabet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17734 No.17734 [Reply] [Original]

A lot of the threads so far have been about what sorts of objects everyone has created. Why not have a thread on self-designed systems? DIY languages, alphabets, constitutions; any number of things are possible really. Just what are some DIY systems you've come up with for fun?

For example, here's an alphabet I had a little fun making. The basic idea that went into it was to morph the Latin alphabet to reflect phonetic relations. All the vowels have a similar design, while the consonants are made so that similar sounding consonants look similar (mostly went with a Japanese-based system of what is considered a similar sounding consonant; like how ka and ga are the same character but one has a tic mark).

>> No.19745

make it into a font for your computer
http://www.myscriptfont.com/

>> No.20117

I remember doing something similar as a kid for fun and to send code messages to other friends, however my alphabet was kind of complicated.
This sort of stuff might add a spice if you are writing a fiction story or something.

>> No.20164
File: 47 KB, 640x480, Photo_00167.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i make writing systems (not just alphabets) all the time when I am bored

I would create full on conlangs but phonology kinda drives me nuts

>> No.20171

>>20164
oh and the sample here says "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords as a system of government"