[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 32 KB, 960x884, 57ED5F39-01E5-47DA-A0C9-562B22F7C68B.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1710266 No.1710266 [Reply] [Original]

I got an issue with the tap water. Cold water runs fine, but the warm water has low pressure. I tried to google and check yt to find out how to fix this, but all i can find is for issues with the check valve, which results in gradually decreasing pressure for warm water. That‘s not the case here. i get low pressure right from the start and it stays the same no matter how long it runs.
I live in an apartment built in 2017 and i think this was done on purpose to „save energy“. How can i undo this? It‘s annoying as fuck. Thanks for your help /diy/!

>inb4 call your landlord
He‘ll just say no if it was done on purpose and if he sends in someone to fix this, i‘m sure i‘ll have to wait half a year till someone shows up just to make things even worse. Been there, done that. No thanks.

>> No.1710436

I assume the hot water heater is located somewhere you have access too. Crank all the valves open. If you dont have access to the hot water heater, you cant do anything but call the landlord.

>> No.1710509

>>1710266
>warm water
You mean hot right? The valve is off or the hose underneath is kinked/twisted. It is unlikely to have debris in the hot line of the faucet but it's possible. A plumber would try to get the cold water to run in reverse out of the hot hose through the faucet thus flushing the debris back the way it came from
The plumber.

>> No.1712250
File: 22 KB, 585x390, IMG_2266.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1710266
Scale build up

>> No.1712258

Probably a fixture stop not opened full port, or a supply line either kinked or choked up with build-up.