[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 895 KB, 1224x1632, dsc02225.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
170750 No.170750 [Reply] [Original]

What's the deal with the sticky?

I don't intend to rehash any "drama" but I can't even make sense of what the thread was about nor why it would be stickied. I've basically ignored the "agartha" crap since it's been posted. Feel free to sage.

>> No.170751

moot obviously has a grand vision for /diy/

>> No.170758

It's really nothing interesting. Some idiots hijacked the Agartha threads (weren't going anywhere anyways) and simply would not stop posting no matter how much people told them to stop shitting the place up.

Thank god moot did something though. Was getting annoying.

Polite sage for drama.

>> No.170762

>>170758

I was curious about the mention of it being a scam in >>170368

Some days ago I thought I saw "participants must first pay $2000" at which point I rolled my eyes and kept scrolling.

>> No.170784

>>170762
It was supposed to be a collaborative project, where a group of people would shell out 2 grand to buy a land together. The group was to live of the land and somewhat prosper. It was going allright, the ideas were there, but then the guy who started it, HILSCHER, turned into a total faggot and started to write about fucking chickens, kids etc. He started posting as Anon, fake scroton, and others. Some people got accused of trolling like me, and then it went downhill from there. Thankfully moot got the Hilscher character banned. That guy had some severe issues. It is sad because the next poor Anon, who posts something of that idea will get literally stoned to death.

>> No.170796

>>170784
Well crap. I wanted to see how that turned out. Agartha thread was here just about every time I've come over to lurk.

>> No.170797

>>170796
What do you want to know?

>> No.170798

>>170796
same

>>170797
How well organised was it? Was there a real and realistic effort?

>> No.170799

>>170796

I share your disappointment.

Although I'm not ready to say definitively the chans aren't the place for launching actual long-term projects that touch the real world the whole affair doesn't bode well for any future endeavors.

>> No.170811

>>170798
Organized, well in the end not rally. There were ideas as to what to do and what no to do as a source of income. The idea was to get a couple goats for milk and meat, chickens, and later on from profits cow. Profit would be from goat cheese and meat, then there are chickens for eggs and meat. There was also an idea to buy just few acres and rent the rest. This way the start up was kept low. Acre rents around 30 bucks a year. There were just problems with finding a property and having someone drive there and check it out. There was a quite a long haggle over how would people live. If there would be one building for everyone or everyone would have their own building. The last long discussion was over how to secure the money, so no one could run away with them.

>> No.170827

>>170751
I hope so, I emailed him countless times for the past 5-7 years to make a /diy/ board.

>>170750
>I don't intend to rehash any "drama" but

THEN DON'T

sage for drama fag shit. also reported for being off the board topic

>> No.170831

>>170827
You are such a cunt. Are you the one who started calling everyone for samefagging?

>> No.170858

>>170827
Yeah, stop being such an asshole. Not everything has to be constantly shitty and adversarial you know.

This board will be better if we don't act like cunts to each other all the time.

>> No.170860

I welcome forced anon.
Why the hell would one need hierarchy in a diy community, seriously.
No need.

Also, OP, why'd you post the Temple of Dendur?

>> No.170879

>>170860

It looked cool.

>>170827
>reported for being off the board topic
>thread is about sticky which is thereby a staff-approved topic

>> No.170886

Interesting note: the hilscher that originally posted the Agartha thread did not have the same trip as the hilscher that eventually got banned. Not sure what that means.

>> No.170900

>>170886
If you are the real scroton, sorry don't have your trip memorized, he was using your trip too.

>> No.170911

>>170886
It means that the inherent weakness of the tripcode is that it's just a bunch of characters that 99% of people will just notice and not register. So you can easily impersonate a tripfag with any old tripcode, and chances are that nobody will be any the wiser.

saged for politeness.

>> No.170945

>>170911
Yup, that's just the way it is. I assume that people that have seen enough of my posts to recognize me will realize that I don't post crap. But if you do see someone with my trip acting like an asshole but can't verify if it's me, just ignore them.

Because honestly the best way to stop trolling is probably just the old "Don't feed the Trolls."

also saged for politeness

>> No.171060

Use two hash-signs for a "secure" tripcode - less chance of being spoofed. It will show up with two bangs instead of one, to indicate it is a secure trip.

There have been tools available to crack standard tripcodes for a long time now. If you're really worried about being impersonated, just add an extra # and you're better off.

I don't generally use a tripcode. When I do, i use it with no name, just the trip. And I usually use a standard trip, not a secure one. But here's an example anyway.

>> No.171110
File: 29 KB, 120x120, 1330166027377.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Quantity has a quality all its own. The original troll of the thread has no style, but /diy/ is so dumb that they fall for the most blatant stuff like fake trips. moot fell for it too, because he's a dumb fag, lol.