[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 54 KB, 521x342, working-magnetic-motor.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1675554 No.1675554 [Reply] [Original]

In theory wouldn't making a larger one of these permanent magnetic motors create enough force to power an alternator? You can even use magnetic bearings to reduce friction and drag.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.greenoptimistic.com/real-working-magnetic-motor/%3famp

>> No.1675555

>>1675554
could you make a "magnetic motor" that managed to turn something? yes, with enough coddling.

does infinite free energy from MAGNETS exist? no. never.

>> No.1675556

>>1675555
I know magnets do not create energy. But they do create force which is happening in that video. But if enough force is applied wouldn't it be feasible to turn the shaft of an alternator?

>> No.1675563

>>1675556
That "motor" can't be putting out any kind of torque; put any kind of load on that shaft and the motor hangs up.

>> No.1675566
File: 143 KB, 600x600, DIY_BINGO.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1675554
>>1675556
Free energy does not exist. See how he has to prime the motor to get it spinning? As soon as you applied any resistance to that 'motor' it would stop turning. Even as is, it will stop turning eventually as there is no power entering the system. It basically has a very low resistance to keep spinning on such a small input but is itself not a generator of anything.

>> No.1675567

>>1675566
But isn't friction and drag already being applied here as resistance? I was thinking on a larger scale there would be enough force to spin the shaft of an alternator. Even better outcome if magnetic bearings were in place to reduce friction.

>> No.1675573

I think that's a trick and doesn't actually work as it's being presented, because I've seen too many videos of "trick" free energy gimmicks that actually worked from a hidden energy source.
So "in theory" there's no point in bothering with building one. OP If you think it'll work, go ahead and build one.

>> No.1675578

>>1675567
The problem with perpetual motion machines is that if you extract momentum even at a tiny rate, it will eventually come to a stop.
Magnetic "motors" are even worse. Extracting even a small amount of energy means it will no longer have enough momentum to overcome magnetic resistance, and it will instead rotate back and forth like a pendulum, losing a ton of momentum in the process. This failure mode is similar to the overbalanced wheel concept.
If you want momentum-based energy storage then use flywheels.

>> No.1675583

>>1675578
Could overcome it with more magnetic force though? I would think the more polarity force applied would overcome the need to create a magnetic field. Even better if lighter material and less friction was involved

>> No.1675586

>>1675567
>But isn't friction and drag already being applied here as resistance?
Yes, which is why the 'motor' will eventually stop spinning on its own.

>I was thinking on a larger scale there would be enough force to spin the shaft of an alternator.
No. As soon as any real force is applied it would stop spinning. You'd get next to no power out of it. Much less than what was input. If it was larger you would need to input more power to get it spinning in the first place and you would still end up with less than the input afterward.

>Even better outcome if magnetic bearings were in place to reduce friction.
That thing basically is a shitty magnetic bearing. And for the amount of money, you would spend on real magnetic bearings you could buy a shitton of power.

>Could overcome it with more magnetic force though?
No, because that would increase the magnetic resistance in turn.

Quit being a moron OP. That video is 5 years old and has a million views. If it was possible people would have copied it by now.

>> No.1675739

>>1675556
The counter force is equal to the magnetic force but also friction. Friction and resistance is why all of you perpetual motion faggots cant get free energy.

Scientists with 4 phds have tried and collectively agree it cant happen. Not with our current understanding of physics anyway

>> No.1675742

no but you can use it to maybe get more efficiency out of a generator. but probably that's already been more or less optimized already because most things you hook up an alternator to have more than enough rotational force to spin an alternator fast and hard enough to get more than enough electrical power for the the given application in most traditional scenarios like on an ICE or a hydroelectric dam for that matter

>> No.1675779 [DELETED] 
File: 163 KB, 851x545, awkward.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1675554
>create enough force to power an alternator
Right there, That's when I new you didn't know what the fuck you are talking about.

>> No.1675781
File: 163 KB, 851x545, awkward.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1675554
>create enough force to power an alternator
Right there, That's when I knew you didn't know what the fuck you are talking about.

You see an alternator generates electricity, it's not a motor you can run.

>> No.1675785
File: 3.00 MB, 600x480, Permanent_Magnet_Motor_V_gate_Re_gauging_from_Roobert33_large.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1675554
This vid is a hoax, fyi. There's an air gun just out of frame above it making it spin. The hoax wasn't even a big one, the author of it just made it, thought, "lol this will be fun" had his fun on like 1 forum then revealed it was a joke. After that every tin foil hat wearer online took it up as fact.

At best, these things are inefficient flywheels.

>> No.1675809

>>1675785
>air gun
Cheap confabulation. Didn't you notice anything suspicious that could hint at how it works?

>> No.1676147
File: 31 KB, 694x968, X on SCI.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1675809
Well, he volunteered the info for it.