[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 44 KB, 720x848, c0620f6-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1516735 No.1516735 [Reply] [Original]

Hey, /diy/! So I have finally been able to purchase a piece of property with a structure that can be called a home, with a bit of work. It's in a small rural town in Arkansas, approximately 5 acres and a 3 bedroom house with a garage that's been converted to an apartment. It's near a school and I was able to buy it on the cheap.
It was a rent-to-own, slumlord type place. But it's pretty solid from what I have seen. It needs a roof, windows, siding and a good refinishing on the inside.
I have 5 acres total, but less than an acre is mowable with a regular Troy-Bilt Pony. But most of the land is on a steep hillside, but with a little work there is a spectacular view of the Arkansas River.
I'm looking to make it my permanent home and I want to start with the land. I'm torn between hiring a dirt contractor to come and just bulldoze everything or letting someone graze goats to clear everything. There are some nice oak trees and a beautiful pine. I'm looking to increase the total value and I could use some input.
Do you think I should clear everything and start over, or leave the big stuff?

>> No.1516765

>>1516735
Well you could clear the land around those large trees for now. Getting rid of the vast majority of what you dont need and making a path for a vehicle to travel the land. And when you finally get to the point where you want to start selling the trees. The work will be halfway done and youll get an increased profit, The worst thing that could happen is if a tree fell down after the crew has left from clearing everything out but even then you will make a profit.