[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 332 KB, 1264x1136, 1328413494418.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
141159 No.141159 [Reply] [Original]

I posted this in some other boards and they all said to come here.

Some background: I'm 18, going to community college, still living at home. I live with my mom, little sister, and grandmother. We live paycheck-to-paycheck. Money's pretty tight.

Here's the my issue:
However many years ago, our plumbing started leaking into our basement. Anything that goes through the pipes-whether it be from the sink, toilet, or bath/shower-ends up in the basement. It's unfinished and just used for storage, luckily. We didn't know what to do at the time because we couldn't pay for anything to be fixed. I can't quite remember what exactly is wrong, but it's more than just a faulty pipe. I believe the leach field is broken or something along those lines. The estimate we got of the cost to fix it was about $6,000, which we can't even come close to being able to afford.
Our only option was to use a sub pump to suck the nasty liquid (shit and piss included) out the window into our side yard. Luckily, the side yard is sloped and ends in woods and a creek. If it didn't, I have no idea what we'd do. The smell is awful. If the city ever found out, we'd be screwed, as I'm almost positive what we're doing is illegal. But I can't think of another option.
This has been going on for years, someone has to go down to the basement and run the pump 3-4 times a day to make sure the water level doesn't get too high. On top of this, we flush the toilet only when completely necessary in order to minimize the amount of water used, which is gross as hell.
I'm asking for advice on here because I'm tired of living like this. It's absolutely disgusting to have to do this. But we have no other options. There's no way my family can afford to fix it. Plus, like I said, we could get in some legal trouble, which would just make things worse. Please, if anyone can think of a something to do, say so.
Thanks.

>> No.141163

>pumping shit and piss into a local creek

get the fuck off this board you scumbag

>> No.141167

>>141163
It doesn't go into the creek. The majority of it just goes into the side lawn. I mentioned the woods and creek to point out that there's no neighbors on that side. Id's a good ~100 ft. between the house and the creek.

>> No.141169

>>141167
it seeps into the creek. you are a scumbag and a faggot. fact its been going on for years and you not fixing it proves how much of a scumbag you are.

>> No.141171

>>141169
If it does, it's so diluted that it doesn't make a difference. There's no way a medium amount of liquid seeps into the ground and travels over 100ft horizontally through soil into the creek and stays even remotely close to how it started.
Also, how do you expect me to pay for a $6,000 fix when I can barely pay for school and food?

>> No.141173

>>141171
>diluted

doest work like that. you are destroying the creek and everything around it. you have no idea what you are doing, do you? you cant even fix a pipe, even nigger rig it, so you literally spew your shit and ruin a creek for everyone else.

>Also, how do you expect me to pay for a $6,000 fix when I can barely pay for school and food?

by saving up? how fucking retarded are you? or you know, take out a loan like a normal person? fact is, even if you do pay yo get it fixed, your going to get fined thousands and thousands of dollars for pumping your sewage into the creek. your fucked either way now. face up to your misgivings and get it fixed, pay the fine and be a man, not a kid.

now fuck off.

>> No.141174

>>141169
Do you realize how idiotic that is? There's three dimensions for the liquid to go in. the amount that travels completely straight, without going deeper into the ground, over 100 feet, is extremely minimal, if anything at all.

>> No.141176

>>141174
>Luckily, the side yard is sloped and ends in woods and a creek. If it didn't, I have no idea what we'd do
>100ft horizontally

making shit up when you got called out on it

now get off this board you scumbag.

>> No.141177

>>141159
Fix the leaks inside the house first. Tape, rags, whatever, but living above your own cesspit is not at all healthy. If you're on your own land, divorce the greywater drains from the sewer. Stuff like shower water, and drains from sink,washing machine and dishwasher can be discharged via a pipe to where you were dumping the slop pumped from the basement. Greywater for the most part is pretty harmless.

Then find the main soil drain. The drain that leads out of the house and to the septic tank and field.
If the pipe from the house to septic is bad, GET IT FIXED. Start digging, it's not hard to do yourself and will reduce the cost.

You want to find the septic tank, and then probe to find the cleanout hatch. You'll have to dig probably, but once the hatch is open, and the leaks taken care of, have someone flush a toilet a few times while looking down into the tank with a light. If you see waterflow, you know the piping to the tank is fine. Now, pay to have the tank pumped. Shouldn't be that expensive. Now, even with a potentially collapsed drain field, since you're not washing kitchen waste, etc into the tank it will go a lot longer between cleanings, and the inflow is greatly reduced, giving the fluids a chance to leach.

Then thoroughly disinfect the basement, and as you can, fix the indoor plumbing correctly.

>> No.141179

>>141174

I'm pretty sure that some of the waste enters runoff water.

If I were OP, I'd try to look for a job. If your mother is working, and you even get a part-time job, then it's best to start saving up for your plumbing to be fixed. Also, are you the original owner of the house? If so, contact your builder, maybe they can work something out for you.

Please stop pumping your shit into the environment.

>> No.141180

>>141173
>doest work like that.
are you trying to tell me sewage is the same after traveling through 30 yards of soil, not to mention any rain water that's added?
>you are destroying the creek and everything around it. you have no idea what you are doing, do you?
No I'm not, you're an idiot.
>you cant even fix a pipe, even nigger rig it, so you literally spew your shit and ruin a creek for everyone else.
The creek is tiny as fuck. Most of it is on my property. It's about 3 feet across. No one cares about this creek, not to mention I'm not even ruining it in the first place.
Also, it's not a fucking pipe. It's a leach bed that needs to be replaced, not fixed. It's buried in my yard - not something I can just access on any whim.

>> No.141184

>>141179
I do have a part time job :/

>>141176
That was in my OP, how am I making shit up? I clearly stated "ends in woods and a creek." Do you need me to draw a diagram for you? There's my side yard next to my house. then, there's a decently big stretch of woods. Finally, there's a creek in the woods.

>>141177
There are no leaks in the house, it's something with our leach bed, for the millionth goddamn time.

>> No.141185

>>141180
>are you trying to tell me sewage is the same after traveling through 30 yards of soil, not to mention any rain water that's added?

yes thats what im telling you. thats what others in this thread are telling you to. you obviously have no idea what your talking about since you did it in the first place.

>No I'm not, you're an idiot.
yes you are. saying otherwise doesnt change that fact. also abusing me after calling you out on it proves my point you know nothing of what you are talking about.

>The creek is tiny as fuck. Most of it is on my property. It's about 3 feet across. No one cares about this creek, not to mention I'm not even ruining it in the first place.
Also, it's not a fucking pipe. It's a leach bed that needs to be replaced, not fixed. It's buried in my yard - not something I can just access on any whim.
trying to justify polluting and destroying it now? whats the matter, cant dig a hole? dont own a shovel? go buy one. stop making up excuses.

>> No.141186

>>141184
Sounds like you deserve an outhouse. Enjoy pooping in a shallow hole.

>> No.141194
File: 7 KB, 776x457, pic.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>141185
what don't you understand about "we can't afford to fix it" don't you understand?

Also, here's a nice little diagram for those who can't seem to comprehend basic descriptions.

>> No.141196

>>141185
liquid doesn't defy gravity, believe it or not. It travels down. Not to the left or right.

>> No.141197

>>141194
what part about "get a loan" or "save your money" dont you understand? what part about fix it yourself dont you understand?

what part about you fucking up a creek dont you understand?

>> No.141199

>>141196
>doesnt understand the physics involved in whats happening.

keep digging yourself deeper and deeper. your arguing with someone who worked as a plumber for 10 years.

>> No.141201

Guys, yelling at OP is the wrong way to go about this.

1. He's trying to fix it. He's trying to get rid of the situation that he has created.
2. If the woods are where op says they are (in between the creek and the house) then, yes, a lot of the waste IS going to go into the ground. A lot will be absorbed by plants. Even the stuff that DOES go into the creek probably isn't the only stuff that goes in there. You think animals shit and piss in a neat little hole?

Anyway. Stop yelling at OP and just fucking help him if the situation bothers you because it's the only way it's going to get fixed, DUMBASSES.

>> No.141203

>>141199
you should probably go ahead and explain the physics then at this point

>> No.141204

>>141199
please explain, physics major.

>> No.141207

>>141201
Thank you, anon. Like you said, I'm trying to fix the problem. I keep getting told to fix it myself, but no has actually said what to do. And they say to save up, but what do I do in the mean time? Continue to do what everyone's yelling at me for? "destroying" the creek?

>> No.141208

>>141203
>>141204
>cant understand basic physics

did you even go to highschool? im not telling you dumb as fuck hipsters basic physics. if you didnt go to highschool, go google some physics textbooks which are at your level (i suggest grade school to start off with, you both dont come across as bright)

>> No.141210

>>141208

somebody's mad

if you worked as a plumber for ten years TELL HIM HOW TO FUCKING FIX IT INSTEAD OF CONTINUING TO BE AN UNHELPFUL DIPSHIT

>> No.141211

>>141207
>wanting someone to tell you what to do instead of figuring it out for yourself

you said you had a guy come in and value it at 6k right? did you even think to ask what was exactly wrong when he came?

you arent trying to fix shit, all your doing is fixing the symptoms, not the problem.

now, i could tell you some ways that might fix it. but i wont. want to know why? because you were pumping shit into a creek.

same thing happened to a creek near me. i used to go fishing and yabbying in it. occasional swim as well. now there are no fish in it at all, its brown and fucked and it reeks. you are scum of the earth

>> No.141212

>>141210
>memes

go get a text book kid, and go back to school if you cant understand it.

no, i wont tell him because of little shits like you and him shitting up everything you touch.

go be a faggot somewhere else kid.

>> No.141213

>>141208
>can't even explain "basic" physics you keep insisting on, despite being extremely unbelievable

Also, I'm a physics minor. I understand the physics here. Water goes into the ground and goes DOWN, you know, like gravity. Most of it is absorbed into the soil. Some will run down the slope of the hill, into the soil at the bottom. Then go DOWN, again, like gravity. It will *not* magically move however many feet completely horizontally into the creek, through soil and rocks.

>> No.141216

I reported you op, and i also sent moot an email about this thread. You are breaking the law, and breaking global rule one.

>> No.141219

>>141211
This creek is three fucking feet wide. There are no fish in it. No one swims in it. unless it has recently rained there's maybe a couple inches of water in it. And when there is water, it's brown and nasty. And no, not because of me. It's always been that way.

>> No.141218

>>141213
you still dont get it do you? you obviously dont understand what your talking about, every post you make makes you look dumber and dumber.

>> No.141220

>>141219
and that justifys killing it?

your acting like a kid now.

reported.

>> No.141222

>>141218
You keep saying I don't understand the physics, yet you can't seem to make any real argument except saying "your wrong." Please, if I'm so wrong, prove me wrong. Explain the physics. You won't though because you can't.

>> No.141223

Oh god this is horrible.

>> No.141226

>>141222
no. no point in arguing with brick headed little kids who dont even understand basic physics and then abuse me when called out on being wrong

no run along and play with your toys kid.

>> No.141227

Alright, time to stop being stupid.

>>141159
Unfortunately, if it is indeed the leach field, there is almost nothing you can do to fix it alone. Probably your best bet is to look for local or state aid to repair the field; I think most have something like that.

>> No.141228

>>141226

Okay, I think this post solidifies the fact that this person is trolling. trolling haaaard.

>> No.141229

since you asked yes it is illegal. you're risking a citation/fine

>> No.141230
File: 35 KB, 333x258, dmz335_dismissastroll.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>141228
you dont even know what trolling means kid.

>> No.141231

>>141230

>kid
>kid
>kid in EVERY FUCKING POST

yep

>> No.141232

>>141228
It's kidfag. Ignore him.

>> No.141233

>>141227
Thanks, anon, for not being an ass. I'll definitely look into some kind of gov. aid for it. I didn't even know that was an option.

>> No.141235

>>141226
>doesn't understand gravity
>called other people ignorant and brick headed
I see why you're a plumber.

>> No.141236

all of you are fucking assholes. save up, take out a loan.
are you all hearing yourselves hes gonna take out a loan so he can pay some dude for 30 minutes of work. then be in debt for... what the rest of his life.help him or don't, don't shed your liberal, omg global warming bullshit on OP.

>> No.141238

>>141233
It's only a maybe, but that's probably your best bet. Sooner rather than later, as, if you're on well water, there's a very real chance of contaminating your drinking water.

>> No.141240

>>141232
i used the word, so what? you think only 1 person on this entire site says it? when you post like a kid you will get called one.

>>141235
>doesnt understand gravity isnt the only thing effecting the whole situation.

as i said, go back and take highschool physics, there are a lot more factors in play than just gravity here.

>> No.141242

>>141240
>still can't explain the physics of water running down a hill into the ground
Just give up, please.

>> No.141243

>>141240
you're a dedicated troll

>> No.141244

the sewage line to the septic is probably backed up because you haven't been putting things into the tank to clean it (too late now). the excess pressure in the system probably is causing the problem with the leaks. the damage is probably serious now and you need to follow the lines to check for leaks. you likely need to have the septic tank pumped and pipes fixed. you could also kill yourself and never have to worry about this ever again.

>> No.141245

>>141243
>prove you wrong
>call me a troll

no go back and get a highschool physics textbook and learn how wrong you are.

>> No.141246

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQhlAN0uEBM

>> No.141251

>>141246
Lies.
http://www.nesc.wvu.edu/pdf/ww/septic/pl_fall04.pdf

>> No.141260

Dear OP.

Please delete your thread, then try again later. there are some seriously negative arseholes ITT who seem to be more interested in shitting on your situation and you (pardon the pun) than providing a qualified answer, mainly because none of these arseholes *have* a qualified answer.

Good luck man.

>> No.141265

>>141260
>provide a qualified answer over the internet without any pictures or e better description at the very least

only way you going to get a qualified answer is if your there to see it. how dumb are you?

>> No.141283

>>141282
Other things to consider:

3) I don't know what kind of climate you live in, but you can always build a latrine pit. 5' hole in the ground, sturdy piece of wood over it for a floor, a tent for privacy. Just make sure you have a lid for the hole, or else things are going to get gross. Fact: urine is still greywater.

4) Once you have a dedicated line just for sewage, you can make repairs a bit at a time, or replace it all at once. Doing it all at once will be cheaper and easier, but you'll have to save up and wait before you can stop anything. Personally, I would just patch up the worse bits and then redo the whole thing later.

5) Do you have a municipal sewer line available? It's time to find out how much tying into that would cost you. Don't bother figuring out how much you could do it for - it's not going to happen without a certified plumber.

I'll be around for half an hour in case you have questions.

>> No.141282

Hi OP, I'm an actual physicist. The reason you're an asshole is more of a basic geology question, specifically pedology, but I can explain it anyway.

Regarding actually solving your problem, two of the best things you can do tomorrow have already been mentioned.

1) Direct all water that isn't sewage to a different outlet. It's actually ok to run this straight out into the yard, but it will smell and wash out your groundcover. You should dig a hole about a meter deep, fill the bottom with sand, and then cover the pipe with rocks no bigger than your hand.

I mean, the outlets for your sink and your toilets should never have been connected in the first place. Ever. You may actually be able to get whoever did that to your home on the hook for this repair. If you bought it this way, then the local building inspector who signed off on it could lose their license.

2) Get your tank pumped out. I have no idea how much this costs, but I understand it's routine maintenance for older systems. No matter what steps you have to take to solve the problem instead of the symptom, you'll probably have to do this first.

>> No.141285

>>141159
I just saw this thread so I might be a bit late on giving you advice but you need a longer pipe to use because dumping in your lawn is nasty. Get a bigger pipe and dump it directly into the stream or atleast in the woods so you dont have to deal with that smell. Also you should grow some crops on where you use to dump your waist since that ground should have lots of good stuff for the crops ;)

>> No.141286

>>141285
>growing food in raw sewage
Enjoy your cholera

>> No.141291 [DELETED] 
File: 170 KB, 573x272, fffuu98924.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>141285
> Get a bigger pipe and dump it directly into the stream or atleast in the woods so you dont have to deal with that smell.

10/10. raged hard.

>> No.141293

>>141176
Is this the famous DIY troll? Kids these days.

Can't help with a bit more info though op on plumbing errors downstairs

>> No.141298

Replace all toilets with compost toilets. Use camp showers to shower. Get rid of water from cooking, etc into a compost heap.

Then you'll have a lot of compost and shit.
Hopefully more compost than shit.

>> No.141299

>>141293
>diy troll

i said the word kid. that doesnt make me a troll

whats with all you retarded hipsters thinking that only 1 person on this site says that word? i guess its always the same person that says the word troll or u mad as well isnt it?

see how fucking retarded you look?

>> No.141302

>>141299
If it's all different people, then why do they post with the same nick? Dumbass.

>> No.141306
File: 73 KB, 744x1340, 1326755336711.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>141302
your not even trying now kid.

acting retarded is not trolling.

>> No.141307

>>141306
>implying you're acting

>> No.141338
File: 513 KB, 2576x1932, 100_4603.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You know, everybody can be a fucking critic and call him a scumbag for not fixing it and GETTING A LOAN LIKE A NORMAL PERSON ( I LOLED) OR you could help the fucker SO HE STOPS KILLING THE CREEK> DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

>> No.141339

>>141307
read the post above yours kid

>> No.141345

>>141338
>help him
>shitty description
>no pictures
>cant even give advice

you cant help someone with a problem like this over the internet. how retarded are you?

>> No.141349

>>141338
Honestly he should just get a longer pipe so the crap can go directly into the stream or atleast into the woods.

>> No.141354

>>141349
see >>141306

>> No.141357

>>141186

This, an outhouse. Why haven't you used an outhouse rather than poop in your basement?

>> No.141359

>>141354
How am I trolling? He does'nt have the money to pay someone to repair it and he does not have the skill to fix it himself not to mention the fact that he provided no pictures or insite on the issue so the best way to "solve" his issue is to get a bigger pipe so it is less of a problem untill he can get the money to solve it. His crap will find its way to some body of water anyways so dont act like he is killing the earth.

>> No.141364

>>141359
>say stupid shit
>how am i trolling

your not trolling, your acting retarded. i never said you were trolling. now stop it kid

>> No.141365

>>141364
>u so mad bro
>y u so mad
>i dunno but u mad tho

>> No.141366

>>141365
>memes

your just proving me right further kid.

>> No.141385

well op

stop shitting in your house? on your house? literally you shit in a toilet up stairs to drain it to the basement to pump it outside. im laughing so hard at the thought of this, JUST SHIT OUTSIDE. Seriously though, time for some composting buckets. look up saw dust toilet and some nifty variations. Who knows you may start a wicked ass backyard garden with you doo doo. instead of a problem, youve created a viable source of very rich fertizler and your broke ass can have a decent life, pooping in buckets instead of your basement. you could even poop in the bucket WHILE IN THE BASEMENT so you still feel at home.

seriously you poop upstairs to flush it to the basement to pump it out... ahahaha.

>> No.141386

o also create a decent gray water system, check out some permaculture books for these ideas and you can get your shower, sink, washer, etc. water to help with your doo doo garden.

what are you going to school for?

>> No.141391

>>141385
see
>>141286

>> No.141392

>>141391
i was actually serious about humanure its viable if done correctly, earlier anon just suggested letting op grow his food in his shit soup outside his window. I suggest he learn proper composting and saftey precautions. It beats out his current predicament tenfold.

>> No.141393

saftey, lol

Safety*

>> No.141394

OP, get your tanks pumped, then look for solutions involving DIY porta potties and maybe vermiculture/composing human manure into an outhouse. A tank pumping is like $500 or so.

Also, seriously what happened to this board?Used to be cool, now its a fucking troll fest like every other board. OP trying to fix this problem, not get lectured. Re-read his first post, its not like he is trying to break into his landlords washing machine and steal money.... Assholes.

>> No.141396

>>141394
http://www.permies.com/t/12071/organic-sustainable-practices/Recycling-animal-human-dung-sustainable

>> No.141397

>>141392
>if done correctly
>been pumping raw sewage for years

nothing you can do can save that land now, not even your bullshit humanure.

>> No.141398

op my neighbors did that for a while and ended up bulldozing the house and buying a trailer, you either need to learn to plumb and fix it or pony up and pay for it to be fixed.

>> No.141404

>>141397
> bullshit humanure

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFD5D0CE103FD3A56&feature=viewall

>> No.141410

>>141159
I dont understand. Are the fittings of the waste piping leaking, or are the pipes themselves broken (cracked)?

It would also help me if I knew the material of the pipes. The main materials are:

PVC (white, plastic pipe)

ABS (black, plastic pipe)

NO HUB CAST IRON (iron pipe held together with rubber/metal bands)

SERVICE WEIGHT CAST IRON (iron pipe with a 'bell' on the end of it. It is held together with lead and oakum or gaskets. the pipe should have SV printed on it)

COPPER (made out of copper, soldered together.)

>> No.141412

>>141404
and that video proves nothing, my opinion is its bullshit. deal with it.

>> No.141414

>my opinion is its bullshit. deal with it.

Deal with in that special way in such that not a single fuck was given.

>> No.141418

Interesting topic OP. I can't give you any advice, but I am checking out all kinds of DIY composting toilets. Neat stuff. I want a cabin in the woods one day, and this solution is awesome.

>> No.141479

OP here, holy shit this thread got a lot of replies overnight.

>>141410
It's not the pipes. It's the leach bed. I don't know what exactly is wrong with it, like I said before, I'll find out today.

We're not gonna just stop shitting in the house. There's too many people that would see.

>>141386
I'll look into it.
Majoring in biochemistry, minoring in physics.

I'm reading through the replies again to see if I missed anything, thanks for the advise guys. Let's hope something works.

>> No.141512
File: 15 KB, 469x517, 1328432117.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You guys sure this isnt OP? Pic from other thread but reminds me of OP.

>> No.141551
File: 46 KB, 720x455, septicsysemdiagram.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well. Here's my try at guessing what the fuck OP's problem actually is. First off, it apparent it's backing up, there is no plumbing to be done inside the house. I'm no plumber but have lived with septic tanks my whole life and had some wonderful issues with them over the years.

<--- Look at the picture.

See the "non perforated pipe" leading out from the septic tank to the field? It's probably obstructed or collapsed.

If that's the case the system will eventually back up into your house if you don't get it pumped out frequently.

So, first things first, if this is the case, get your tank pumped. When was the last time that was done? It needs to be done NOW. Because it will buy you some time. It'll probably still back up some but the solids will have room in the tanks for a while. So, not so much shit. Yay.

The cost repair is so high, guessing, because they need to dig out around the tank and probably replace that pipe to the drain field. You cannot do this yourself. If it's clogged you might be able to flush bacterial treatments into the tank but it's a long shot. Someone's gonna have to probably really take a look, because you can't know wtf is going on or if it's plugged or collapsed w/o digging.

I'd talk to an excavotor to see if they will dig it up and then get a septic tank guy there and avoid the septic tank guy subcontracting it out. Act as your own general contractor and you might save thousands.

Also, tell the women in you house to quit flushing tampons immediately. Trust me. If you want to be hardcore stop flushing toliet paper too.

Greywater diversion/filtration is a wonderful thing that you CAN do yourself, ask the internet, and it will also help you not fill the tank up with soaps and grease.

tl;dr If I understand stand your problem: 1. Get it pumped TODAY 2. You have to dig it up, sorry. 3. You might be able to save money if you're smart.

>> No.141557

>>141159

aw man i feel really bad for you

i wish i could help you out but i know nada about plumbing

>> No.141577

In many cases it's cheaper and easier to lay a new drain field than trying to dig up and repair the old one.

Some of the new drain field setups are really easy to DIY. Perforated pipes are out, the new strategy is to use these gravel-filled perforated BUCKETS, evenly spaced, connected by regular non-perforated PVC.

>> No.141585

To everyone saying

'get it pumped now' you're missing a key flaw.

When they come to pump the tank they're going to realize somethings wrong, obviously. They're not fucking stupid and understand how they work. OP's tank is likely so fucking clogged.

So this will force them into:
a)forcing them to pay for repairs through their company
b)the company reporting them to the city/town. inb4 'they won't rat'. If the company goes onto their property and sees this fuck up and unsafe/unsanitary living conditions they have to report it. If something were to happen(LOLPOISONCREEK, or someone got sick, whatever) and an investigation was done it could turn around to fuck them(either town or OP going after them).

tl;dr-
While trolling and rather brutish, the posts of 'get a loan' are the right ones.

OP needs to decide his shit. He can abandon his family and do his own thing.

Or he mans up and stops attending school to support his family. A year off of school will pay for most of the repairs. Getting full time/2 part time jobs will cover the rest and more causing easier and less stressful 'cheque-to-cheque' for his family.

>> No.141593

>>141479
If it is the leach bed, I can only think of a couple things:

1. The pipes that the leech bed uses are most likely schedule 20 prefforated PVC. The smaller the schedule, the thinner the pipe walls are, and the pipes might have collapsed in the soil.

2. There is a blockage between the building sewer, and the building drain. the building sewer begins TWO FEET outside the house. Either inside the building, or outside the house, there should be a 'cleanout'. A cleanout is either a T or a WYE fitting, with a screwable connection. Unscrewing this will leave you access to the inside of the sewer. If you do not have a sewer auger/drum machine/drain cleaner, your out of luck.

3. The septic tank is full.

tldr; the leach bed pipes have been crushed. Its fucked.
or
you have a blockage. find a way to unclog it using a cleanout.

or

the septic tank is full.

>> No.141603

>>141585
Incorrect.

Most pump trucks are independent owner/operator operations.

They show up, put the hose into the tank, pump it out and leave. They are not inspectors or come into your house. All they do is pump shit. So unless OPs lawn is visibly covered in sewage they probably won't care. They probably wouldn't care if it was, as long as they get paid.

>> No.141609

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHECRDlbUPg

Something like this will be a lot less than 6K$. You can get sawdust at any public school with a wood shop.

>> No.141697

- Dedicate an existing toilet to be moved.
- 30$ Purchase 5x 12 ft lengths of schedule 40 pvc
- 30$ Purchase 8 buckets
- 5$ Purchase pvc glue
-15$ Purchase several fittings including step up adapter, T joints, 4 way joints, and elbows.
-50$ Purchase Septic gravel to fill buckets.
- Borrow shovel and pickaxe

+If your toilet is facing a wall leading to the outside, drill a hole through the wall and plumb it outside (If not, move it so it is).
+Dig 2 feet deep by 6-10 inches wide.
+For the first 12 foot length of pvc. At the end attach a 4 way joint.
+From here extend 3x8ft lengths.
+At the end of 2 of the 8 ft lengths attach a T joint and extend 4 ft.
+The 3rd 8 ft length attach another 8 ft length.
+Dig 6ft deep by 4ft wide to place your buckets approx 3 inches below ends of pipe.
+Cut a 3in diameter hole in the bottom of each bucket and drill approx 10-15 holes at 1 inch diameters in side of each bucket.
+Backfill until you reach the 3 foot below pipe area with loose dirt.
+Place Gravel

REMEMBER PLUMBING IS "WATER FLOWS DOWNHILL" This should take about 24-40 hours of HARD work so don't be a fucking pussy and get your family to help.

>> No.141983
File: 73 KB, 484x453, Fuck you.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>OP has serious septic tank blockage, basement fills with raw sewage
>OP continues to use toilets in the house, regularly pumping the basement full of raw sewage into nearby watershed.

OP confirmed for scum of the earth.

Fucking man up and dig a goddamn outhouse in your backyard. I mean, fuck, man. You can't be this blind. That creek might be just three feet wide, but you can be damn sure it GOES SOMEWHERE.

YES I MAD.

PUT YOUR SHIT UNDERGROUND WHERE IT BELONGS.

>> No.141993

>>141159
Get a composting toilet.

/thread