[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 38 KB, 409x426, Priest-pressphoto1-e1510785847307.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1318630 No.1318630 [Reply] [Original]

>Electrician fits fuse box "The RCD trips there's a fault somewhere. bye"
You what mate? Your job, is in the description of what you do. I dunno where they come from.

>> No.1318678

To be fair it's probably a massive pain in the ass to find out where the current leaks.

>> No.1318679

>Isolate a fuse each time until it pings, test for fault, repair?

>> No.1318687

>>1318679
>it's faulty insulation somewhere in the wall
>tears down whole electric installation

>> No.1318703

>>1318687
>It is most likely the last thing they ''''''"repaired'''''"""""" that is causing the fault.

>> No.1318723

Your shitty house is broken. Get a new one.
>he did what he was paid to do; pay more an he'll fix the short.

>> No.1318734

>>1318723
>work was carried out for an ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''"electrical safety certificate"""" yet home is less safe after man leaves

>> No.1318737

>>1318734
>>1318703
you are a retard
OP didn't describe shit about what was happening

>> No.1318744

>>1318737
Yes I did, no I'm not. Your waifu a blob.

>> No.1318751

>>1318630
Maybe you seemed like a whiner and he wasn't getting paid to hear your mouth flap on about how expensive it is to rewire your house.

You are on DIY. Tear apart your walls, replace the wires connected to that breaker, patch the walls, paint.

Or you can blog about your feelings like you already are. Why post here? Are you so shielded from the working class that this is your only means to contact people capable of turning a screwdriver? Give your butler a couple of bucks and he'll get a homeless guy to pretend to be an electrician. You can chew out the homeless guy dressed as an electrician for the inadequacies in your life. You'll feel better. Later, you can buy some clothes and demand to speak to the manager.

>> No.1318761

>>1318630
Saying RCD i can only assume you are in the UK.
Where did you find a guy to do the work, jn a pub?
Probably what you mean was you got someone in to replace the fuse box with a consumer unit.
There should have been an inspection done and measurements taken from every circuit, replacing like for like or basing mcb rating on wire size alone is cowboy territory.
You should have received a report of all the tests carried out on each circuit, for example insulation resistance, earth resistance, loop impedance etc etc and a piece of paper to say its self certified building regulations.
What did it cost you 200? 300?
You got done.
There are plenty of reasons rcd well trip, faulty appliance, bad wiring, shared neutrals very common for e.g. stair landing lights.
Should have had something like a PIR done before fucking around with new cu.

>> No.1318845

does it still trip with all appliances disconnected?

have you even determined which circuit the fault is on?

>> No.1319323

>>1318723
This. I've done little extra repairs on jobs that I never got paid for because the customer claimed he needed to approve. Now I just let those things linger until the customer tells me to fix it.

>> No.1319339

>paying an electricion
How is anything about this /diy/ you fucking scrub