[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 546 KB, 600x450, 20140220_800.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1184677 No.1184677 [Reply] [Original]

Hi so i grounded my 5v voltage regulator for some noob reasons haha now i replaced it but my piano keyboard wont work well higher keys dont sound loud than lower keys= normal. which caps or resistor should i replace?. the pcb is Power supply and amplifier. :( please help me my keyboard is so important to me i can buy another one but this one has sentimental value to me.

>> No.1184683

Use propper punctuation and give detailed information if you want to be understood.

If you grounded a regulator that wasn't supposed to be grounded maybe it's loosing power throught the ground or not working properly.
If it works don't fix it.

I suppose your piano uses an external "brick" or "wall wart" PSU, check if the current rating and voltage of the PSU you're using is the same as the one you replaced.
Higher notes have higuer frequency and require more energy to drive the speaker, maybe your new PSU is underrated.

Btw. I don't know much about electronic pianos, but I haven't seen any piano powered by 5 volts, even small pianos I've seen run on 7 or 9 volts. Again, check the old psu's rating matches with the new one.

>> No.1184684

>>1184677
> implying not trole
> grounded regulator
You mean your wall wart, or the regulator on the circuit board inside the keyboard?

> something something keys not loud
Higher keys are quiet compared to the lower keys? Or not working at all?