[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 29 KB, 640x640, 640px-Rx_symbol_border.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1142951 No.1142951 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /diy/nosaurs! Just a quick update about my father.

As some of you may know I started a thread a few weeks back asking for OTC options for pain management for my father and a few anons pointed me to Kratom. We ordered some OG Bali capsules and my dad talked to his doctor who gave him the OK to try it.

After just 2 capsules my father said it took the edge off his pain and gave him an energy boost similar to caffeine. He had no negative drug interactions, no nasty side effects, and was able to get to sleep easier.

The medicine he takes other than the Kratom are:
>Crestor - For cholesterol
>Zetia - Prevents intestines from absorbing food fat
>Imdur - Nitroglycerin
>Aspirin - Blood thinner

He was taking Percocet for chronic pain caused by arthritis and a motorcycle crash, but his doctor stopped writing pain management scripts. Kratom has become a viable alternative for his opioid pain medicine!

So thank you to those anons who pointed us to this remarkable herbal supplement. You've given my father a new independence from opioids and the American pharmaceutical industry!

>> No.1142956

Thanks for the feedback!

>> No.1142984

>>1142956
My pleasure, it's the least I can do after the help I received!

>> No.1143000

Thanks for sharing OP
>Share your results! /diy/ loves to see problems solved and projects completed!

The DEA is in bed with big Pharma and wants to male kratom illegal like it did with CBD
Please share your story with your congressmen.

>> No.1143016

>>1143000
Trips of good advice - will do!

>> No.1143206 [DELETED] 

>>1142951
>crestor
>zetia
>imdur
>aspirin

So you're dad's an overweight fuck who gets no exercise and you wonder why he's in pain?

>> No.1143213

>>1143206
No where did he imply that. Why do you think your comment was at all necessary? Please think before you post, or people will think you're a fool.

>> No.1143217

>>1143206
That's alright kid, I'm sure your dad had good reasons for leaving you and your mother.

>>1143213
The funny part is my dad's 160lbs, walks 2 miles a day, and before his accident he would challenge the young guys at work to push-up contests.

>> No.1143229

>>1143000
http://www.americankratom.org/legal_status

>> No.1143237

>>1142951
>independence from opioids

except kratom is an opiate itself

>> No.1143247

>>1143237
Except it's not.

https://www.drugs.com/illicit/kratom.html
>More than 20 alkaloids in kratom have been identified in the laboratory, including those responsible for the majority of the pain-relieving action, the indole alkaloid mitragynine.
>Mitragynine is classified as a kappa-opioid receptor agonist and is roughly 13 times more potent than morphine.
>Mitragynine, structurally similar to yohimbine, is thought to be responsible for the opioid-like effects.
>Kratom, due to its opioid-like action, has been used for treatment of pain and opioid withdrawal but structurally it is not the same as the common opioids morphine or codeine.

>> No.1143364

>>1142951
Now start doing a full body stretch regimen. X-stretch from p90x is my once a week thing. Pain is a symptom, living crooked as hell is a cause. Injuries make us favor the source, and in just a few weeks, that favoring can cause atrophy. Without limbering, you can't fully recover.

Lumbar hernia, torn spinal ligaments, torn rotator cuff, shattered bones, sliced tendons, fucked knees - 60 minute stretch once a week, squats, push ups, and sit-ups daily - takes 5 minutes. (Natural testosterone is a hell of a drug, and core strength just makes life easier).

I was a fat fuck from ages 25-32 or so. Spinal hernia cured me of that shit. Prescribed PT didn't do shit. Went 8 months not sleeping for more than 2 hrs at a time. Told I needed surgery. Did the X-Stretch video, slept 6 hours straight that night.

Its funny BC I'm 6'7'' and I won't lift anything over 40 lbs on site without the proper prep/equipment. Everyone's walking around with jacked up backs, knees, and shoulders and I've started a small cult of "retire healthy" guys. Saves time and money in the long run, but some of the old guys who can't walk without waddling or take a shit without a back brace refuse to believe it.

Cut out natural inflammatory foods too - but that's next level shit. When you're over 35 you start to feel what you eat.

>> No.1143382

>>1143364
>now start a stretching regiment
Already ahead of you - I'm left him a copy of Convict Conditioning so he can try the lower-level routines, and Ma said she'd remind him each morning. I'll bring it up again at the end of the week and see if he followed our advice.

>> No.1143395

>>1143247
Except stopping Kratom use is as difficult as quitting opioids, only often worse because users consume far more kratom than they did opioids. Using it to quit opioids is not a good idea.

>> No.1143397

>>1142951
Hey anon I was the first guy to point it out. One thing I learned is don't buy large doses even if it's cheap. You'll tend to get a tolerance pretty quickly with certain strains. Red strains are best for pain, just vary the strains. I used to buy kilos but I need around 10 grams for pain relief. Please also make note... Please please. Kratom causes dehydration. Make sure to drink water or juice with it especially a time before taking it, while, and after. Especially capsules as they have a delayed reaction. Otherwise you'll get a kratom hangover.

>> No.1143399

>>1143395
>lemmie just move these goal posts
Thanks for the warning, but he's not using it to quit opioids.

>> No.1143400

>>1143397
Will-do! Thanks for the heads-up!!!

>> No.1143437

My middle aged mom is sadly obese and suffers from back pains.
She also can't lift her right leg far without pain, which has made her trip and fall several times.
Other than taking her for long walks and making a proper nutritious diet, what can I do to help?
Tears flow out when I imagine her in a wheelchair.

>> No.1143446

>>1143382
If a routine or video is too tough of a sell, squats, push ups, and crunches are a huge help. He'll feel the squats right away BC it will be a fuckload more comfortable sitting. You can do them with him. Just start at 10/10/20 and add 2/2/5 every few days. For crunches, remember the trick of imagining a tennis ball under your chin so the neck doesn't take too much. Goal is just to get shoulder blades off the ground for a half second. (You can also just get a couple tennis balls and use them. They're great for self-massaging anyway.)

Also, get him a quality backscratcher. This was a big comfort increaser for me. Blood wasn't getting moved around a lot in my back tissue.

That's my additional $0.02. GL

>> No.1143449
File: 93 KB, 500x333, MZPk7ddXPWJd5bGwzcCNDfP7fMe_hEZy6j9KzxTSXmgd3MxucM_0kl3ueBmOM1xJ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1143382
Another addition - pic is the best goddamn stretch for lower back I found. My physical therapist didn't even have it in her regimens.

>> No.1143479

>>1143437
If she's obese you should address that problem first. How heavy is she, and what steps have you already taken to change her diet?

>> No.1143658

OP here. Dad used his Kratom again today and reported mild constipation - just FYI.

>> No.1143722

>>1143658
take colace each day and add senna and/or miralax as needed

>> No.1144769

>>1143658
Magnesium or any other stool softener will fix that right up.
Another herbal pain relief product i use daily is black seed oil(nigela sativa). There are reports of it being useful for opiod withdrawal and some other studies ive found regarding neuropathic pain relife.

>> No.1145219

>>1143395
Except it's not even the same recoil sites. Traditional opiates are mu-opioid receptor agonists There isn't enough research into the withdrawl from kappa-opioid receptor agonists to say whether it's better or worse.

>> No.1145461

>>1143658
kratom gave me hemoroids

Do you have the post from the other adnon who was a vet and said to get something from a farm supply store and something else and rub it on with a spoon. I need to know the two things?

>> No.1145647

>>1145461
>kratom gave me hemoroids
Do you eat lots of fruit and fiber and stay hydrated?

>> No.1145699

What's a good CONUS source for the best quality Kratom and black seed oil?

>> No.1145766

>>1145647
no i hate fruit and fiber. i eat meat and some vegetables, i was trying it for arthritis. its fun at first and helps some. but tolerance is super fast and if you take it on a full stomach nothing at all happens. and then you get hemoroids which may bleed when you poo. i dont see why anyone would consider it a recreation drug at all.

>> No.1145789

>>1145766
>no i hate fruit and fiber.

Then enjoy dem roids! You can always get 'em cut off when they get too big.

If you only do what you enjoy that is not the pursuit of wisdom. Expect unwise choices to have painful results.

Refusal to eat properly is why the US is full of fatass unhealthy retards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpSR9ZVm8NA