[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 59 KB, 400x300, 783b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
111925 No.111925 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /diy/
I got a bridge coat that I've had for less than a month and have already broken off three of the four buttons. They were shittily sewed on and I want to make them as strong as possible.

Do you guys have any idea as to how to sew these things back on so it would take a crane to break them off?
Pic related, its the style of buttons the coat has.

Should I use steel cable or what?

>> No.111928

Double thread. Sew repeated loops. Wrap "shank" when done, then bury end back in fabric. Quit abusing your goddamn outergarments.

>> No.111930

>>111925

Lol, I once went to a shop complaining that the coat they sold to me had shittily sewn buttons. The answer? "Yeah, that's normal, you're supposed to sew them better by yourself". They sewed the buttons back, though.

>> No.111938

Use the heavy duty button thread and do >>111928 it'll take 3 cranes to get them out.

>> No.111943

dental floss. No joke. Try to snap dental floss with your bare fingers, then go to the hospital because you just severed one of your fingers with dental floss.

>> No.111948

>>111943
cant stop laughing

>> No.111967

Yep, cheapo child laborers do a shitty job of attaching buttons. Just use double thread of any kind of decent quality and loop it through until you are sick of it. Secure the end by poking it through the back of the fabric and the stitches you just made a couple of times.