[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/diy/ - Do It Yourself

View post   

File: 366 KB, 900x2216, 1278695401370.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
105086 No.105086 [Reply] [Original]

hey /diy/, how can i disable an electromagnet without having to rely on simply turning off the electricity? I'm looking for more to understand how they work, not to break in somewhere.

pic unrelated, yet somehow helpful.

>> No.105102

Use another magnet to cancel the electromagnet's field. This method can't cancel the field totally, unless the shape, position and strength of the canceling magnet is exactly right.

> not to break in somewhere.

Yeah, sure. Of course not.

>> No.105106

i've always hated the shit out of that picture. this person's advice for first contact with aliens is to draw pictures of random animals on their spaceship like an autistic toddler?

>> No.105107

throw a shitton of iron at it

>> No.105108

>>105106
at least they'll understand that you have some type of intelligence. it's a start.

>> No.105110

>>105102
more so to prevent a break in. magnetized doors are going to be activated in my dorm, and i'd rather know how to cancel out the electromagnet then have to pay common area damage fees at the end of the school year from the doors being kicked down/in.