[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 127 KB, 882x674, FoieGras.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9827542 No.9827542 [Reply] [Original]

Is Foie Gras the most sadistic food, or is there something even worse?
Not even saying animals are our equals or that we shouldn't eat meat or anything like that, but what the fuck, how can people spend eight weeks pouring fat into pipes shoved down duck throats just to get a slightly better tasting end product? They're already dying so we can eat, the least we can do is not make their last weeks on Earth a living Hell.
Other bad one I've heard of is dog meat in Korea, where they traditionally beat the dog to death under the assumption the dog's elevated adrenaline will make their meat taste sweeter. That still doesn't seem as bad to me as having a pipe loading fat directly into my stomach for eight weeks though. I would without hesitation take the getting beaten to death option if I had to choose, at least that way I'd be dead in a few minutes.

>> No.9827574

animals aren't human

/thread

>> No.9827575

Why do you give a shit what happens to an animal before you eat its meat and organs?

>> No.9827583

All animals are dying so that we can eat.

>> No.9827596

>>9827542
Fuckong fucking fucking am I getting through to your stupid youthful head with my fucks XD? Solar fucking roadwaays.
Llots of foie gras isn't force fed. The vast majority is goose, and goose are irredeemably evil animals. So are ducks for that matter, they SHOULD suffer. Not to mention this pales in comparison to chicken

>> No.9827608

>I would without hesitation take the getting beaten to death option

Deal

>> No.9827617

>>9827542
hey at last the ducks get plenty to eat, there are starving kids in africa you know

>> No.9827624

>>9827575
It's difficult to make an objective argument for why suffering is bad. But I think most people would agree that, in general, suffering is a bad thing (unless it's suffering that builds character or is part of an obstacle to achieving some goal I guess e.g. there's a lot of suffering involved in becoming an Olympic tier athlete but it's suffering you take on voluntarily for a worthy benefit in the end).
As for why we should care if they're just dying anyway, well using that logic we shouldn't care about any living organisms' suffering ourselves included since all of us are going to die eventually. I don't think that's a very sensible way of looking at it. I think it's a bit unfortunate that animals like these ducks will end up dying so as to become food instead of getting to live out some more interesting / admirable life purpose, but *that* is the part I'm able to be OK with as a justifiable cost for the benefit of us getting to eat something of substance (meat).
Meat eating is basically a necessary evil (technically not necessary but there are some severe nontrivial problems that can come up if you don't incorporate any meat in your diet), whereas force-feeding or other instances of inflicting suffering on animals to make their meat taste a little better is something I'd argue ends up very far away from "necessary." I would definitely prefer it if all animals we eat meat from had nice, relaxing, and pleasurable lives up until they're slaughtered. There's no contradiction in wanting that while still wanting to eat meat.

>> No.9827633

>>9827596
>this pales in comparison to chicken
What happens to chicken?
>youthful
I'm probably older than you, m8. Just had my 32nd birthday a week ago. I used the word "fuck" once in my opening post, and while the picture I included uses lots of it I didn't pick it out for that reason. I just did a search for images related to fois gras and that one seemed the most appropriate since it described the issues of suffering I'm getting at.

>> No.9827654

>>9827624
>e.g. there's a lot of suffering involved in becoming an Olympic tier athlete but it's suffering you take on voluntarily for a worthy benefit in the end
How would a duck ever achieve anything similar in its life? Its purpose is to eat fuck and die. It's not a human. It is literally incapable of raising the living standards of its own race.

>so as to become food instead of getting to live out some more interesting / admirable life purpose
Same as above. Animals don't have a "life purpose".

>I would definitely prefer it if all animals we eat meat from had nice, relaxing, and pleasurable lives up until they're slaughtered.
Just by comparing the taste of two meats presented to you, without any knowledge of how the animal lived its life, how would you be able to tell if it lived a nice, relaxing and pleasurable life or a miserable one?

It's just a fucking animal dude. Animals have been around for millions of years and did jack shit. Humans have fucking invented space ships and virtual reality.

>> No.9827660

>>9827542
This is the most Reddit post I've ever seen.

>> No.9827673
File: 128 KB, 1024x682, Ortolan Bunting.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'd like to have a word with you, OP.

>> No.9827674

>>9827633
I was making fun of the picture being blatantly manipulative in a way that caters to edgy teenagers, not you.
Some chicken farms have chicken living in literal layers because of lack of space, while foie gras geese often live quite nice lives

>> No.9827688

>>9827654
>I have little to no capacity for empathy and I would do violence with fucking glee without the threat of inprisonment and death provided by the government, the post
It’s okay anon, sociopathy can be treated. Seek out a good therapist.

>> No.9827695

>>9827688
>I have little to no capacity for empathy and I would do violence with fucking glee without the threat of inprisonment and death provided by the government, the post
Towards animals, yes. Because they don't have any fucking idea what is happening to them.

Even the most retarded vegetable of a human has a better understanding of how it is being treated than a fucking meatsack animal.

>> No.9827698

>>9827654
>How would a duck ever achieve anything similar in its life?
I agree it can't, that's why I said it's unfortunate they can't have much meaning in their lives beyond being food but that this is something I'm able to accept, in contrast with them being forcefed with pipes for eight weeks which I think is taking it too far and making them suffer without a very good reason for doing so.
>Just by comparing the taste of two meats presented to you, without any knowledge of how the animal lived its life, how would you be able to tell if it lived a nice, relaxing and pleasurable life or a miserable one?
I don't know that you would be able to tell the difference by tasting their meat after the fact, but I also never argued I could to begin with. I wasn't saying I would prefer they not be tortured because it would taste better, I'm saying I would prefer they not be tortured so they don't suffer unnecessarily.
>>9827673
I actually knew about that one and forgot about it, they did that dish on Hannibal. The way they made it sound though it was treated like some rare ritualistic thing rather than a standard menu item.
>>9827674
Yeah, that's not very nice with the chickens either.

>> No.9827708

>>9827698
>without a very good reason for doing so

They taste better. That is literally the reason. Humans like food that tastes good. So why not do it?

>> No.9827709

>not eating foie grass from pig liver

>> No.9827718

>>9827709
What, are you retarded? That's not foie gras, and a pig has much greater capability to suffer

>> No.9827721

>>9827698
>I actually knew about that one and forgot about it,
Tweet tweet, motherfucker.
They used to pluck out my eyes to make me eat more.

>> No.9827741

When I see those replies I just get confused as hell. Meat eaters go through a lot of mental gymnastics and contradictory things to justify it in some way. I do not have such mental hurdles, I'd have no qualms about cannibalism and I don't think human life is """""""sacred"""""" so I accept that some humans are harmful, disgusting, retarded, whatever and should just die and I'd have no problem killing them, so eating animal meat doesn't feel bad at all for me and I don't need to go through loops to justify it. Even so, I believe the animal should experience nature and be traditionally farmed, I don't support that "chicken who don't see sunlight ever" kind of farming, althought I do probably eat meat that comes from that. Ideally, animals should be fed their natural stuff (not only corn) and live a somewhat fulfilling life withing a controlled enviroment. Either that or just go full hunter gatherer and hunt your own animal yourself, that'd be the full experience, you could then process the cuts and store them in the fridge so you'd have a lot of meat available.

>> No.9827747

>>9827709
Only birds can produce foie gras. It's not physiologically possible to have pork foie gras.

>> No.9827753
File: 21 KB, 499x299, duck-foiegras-37.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's ok guys they're just ducks they don't suffer like us human beans with superior nervous system.

>> No.9827759
File: 28 KB, 250x379, Festbraten-ohne-Festpreis_ArtikelQuer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i posted two pictures about it here
>>9817200
and now this thread shit thread pops up. you fuckheads don't know shit about food until someone rubs it in your face and then you 'inform' yourself over one or two things because you saw a picture you thought disgusting and come back to shitpost...fucking vegans

i will eat a corn poulard at weekend just so you know

>> No.9827764

>>9827753
>they don't suffer

They do suffer. Why should I care?

>> No.9827787

>>9827741
>live a somewhat fulfilling life

lurk moar faggot

>> No.9827791

>>9827764
Because they're ducks.

>> No.9827797

>>9827764
>>9827791
Ducks are chill enough that I feel bad about Duck foie gras.

Geese are cunts though so goose foie gras is cool with me. They deserve it. Cunts.

>> No.9827802

>>9827753
>with superior nervous system.
Nice strawman

>> No.9827812

>>9827617
We should switch out the geese for African children then

>> No.9827817

>cruel
>foie gras
Have you heard of the plights of the finless sharks?

>> No.9827889

>>9827542
Geede stuff themselves naturally. One guy used to make foie gras in a way that his geese just fattened themselves up like Americans in their natural habitat.

>> No.9827922

>>9827542
Friendly reminder that plants have emotions and can feel pain just like animals, and that vegetarians/vegans are hypocrites. At least the cow is already dead when I eat a steak. That carrot you're eating is still alive and can feel you biting into it.

>> No.9827923

>>9827889
>Geede stuff themselves naturally.
Great, then nobody has to forcefeed them with pipes ever again, right?

>> No.9827928

>>9827922
>plants have emotions and can feel pain
Source?
>vegetarians/vegans are hypocrites
That's irrelevant to this thread. I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan, which I made clear in the opening post.

>> No.9827930

>>9827812
I don’t want to catch sickle cell

>> No.9827941
File: 57 KB, 594x396, 5DD57078-CE01-4D2A-B7EC-2EE2F07A1EBA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hehe looks like a fun night with the lads to me

>> No.9827943

>>9827759
I didn't see your stupid posts. Not everything is about you.
>vegans
I don't even eat vegetables aside from V8 or tomato sauce on pizza.

>> No.9827965

>>9827708
>Humans like food that tastes good. So why not do it?
Because the benefit of getting a food that tastes slightly better isn't proportional to the cost of torturing animals for eight weeks prior to their death with tubes dumping fat directly into their stomachs.
Food tasting better is a nice luxury. If you need to torture animals that way because someone will murder your family if you don't then that'd be more of a reasonable justification for doing that, but torturing in that way for a nice luxury is psychopath tier behavior.

>> No.9827972

>>9827753
What the shit, is that their anuses?

>> No.9828009
File: 110 KB, 720x720, 1510214557919.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>this living being has a nervous system that signals when being in danger, and this other living being doesn't, therefore it is absolutely logical that we should only eat the living being that meets my arbitrary made up requirements so I can feel good.

>> No.9828019

>>9828009
No, why do you people keep responding like I'm arguing against eating meat?
Read before posting, I am 100% in favor of eating duck meat, the issue I'm bringing up is animals being tortured in horrifying ways just to make the meat taste slightly better.

>> No.9828026

nice try op but foie gras is ducking delicious and ill baby bird those evil little ducks my breakfast lunch and dinner if I have to.

>> No.9828029

>>9827542
What i want to know how and why the idea for foie gras was conceived.

And it's pronounced 'fwa grah'

>> No.9828034
File: 25 KB, 404x303, foie-gras.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>slightly better
fuuuuuuck you

>> No.9828039

>>9828029
rome and also just eating ducks and geese in November

>> No.9828042

>>9828029
They probably just noticed that geese/ducks that naturally overate had fattier livers and decided to go nuts with it

>> No.9828048

>>9828034
You could just add butter to regular duck meat if you want it to have a buttery flavor.

>> No.9828060

>>9828048
shut the duck up, delete your thread, you have zero idea what you are talking about. You've never even had it clearly. Do your self a favor and TRY IT before deriding it, you ignorant sack of shit.

>> No.9828065

everyone go home op thinks foie gras is duck breast or something

>> No.9828072

>>9828065
Does liver not count as meat?

>> No.9828073

>>9828019
>I have decided that the intensity of the signal this animal feels undergoing this procedure is above the threshold I'm willing to accept, therefore this shouldn't happen and we should only eat meat that undergoes procedures that keep the signal intensity below my accepted threshold.

You ok bro?

>> No.9828078

>>9828072
its basically all fat

>> No.9828080

You know how people mommies hug their kids to show they love them? And kitty mommies lick their kids to do the same? Ducky and goosie mommies forcefully vomit food down their kids' throats for the same reason. The duckies and goosies love it when food is shoved down their throats because to them, it means someone loves them. (^:

t. someone who grew up with ducks and geese

>srsly, look up videos of how the ducks/geese line up excitedly to be "tortured" by a pipe in their throats

>> No.9828084

>>9828073
So you're fine with people getting tortured for trivial reasons too, right? Because it's all just "signals?" Like if someone abducted you and tortured you for a few weeks you'd be cool with that because it's just your signal intensity they'd be altering?

>> No.9828086

>>9828080
Explain this though:
>>9827753
I'm pretty sure their moms wouldn't do that to them.

>> No.9828089

>>9827542
>All these edgy underageb& ITT
You're supposed to be better than this, /ck/

Its bad enough you've got vegan faggots now, but that's no excuse for going to the opposite extreme of retardation.

>> No.9828092

>>9828084
>I have deemed that I should care equally about my own being and that of others, even though it does not alter my wellbeing, this is the decision I've made, you should follow this too.

Bro are you alright? Do you want me to call the physician?

>> No.9828094

>>9828080
Well that settles it for me. Figures this would be some liberal peta agenda item with nothing to back it.

>> No.9828103

>>9828092
Nigger, you don't have to "care equally" to have the basic decency to not support fucked-up fetish torture.

>> No.9828104

>>9828080
>>9828094
Adding to this, I've raised love birds and when they are very small, they need to eat some kind of puddle you give the bird through a syringe, through his throat, so this isn't so weird at all. The bird literally asks for it when he sees the syringe. He then develops a bond with you as if you were if mother/father.

>> No.9828110

>>9828089
foie gras is on the menu of literally 9/10 of the worlds top ten restaurants and probably 80/100 of the top one hundred, there is nothing edgy about it.
go ask literally any chef
but I forgot this was a chicken tendies board my bad

>> No.9828116

>>9828103
>I have perambulated the depths of my mind, making the decision that if you do not follow my teachings, it is because you do not have decency (a term I apply to things I like).

Bro hold on, I'm calling a doctor.

>> No.9828119

>>9828092
>I have deemed that I should care equally about my own being and that of others
Not that what you're describing is even really a bad principle to follow within reason, but it's not relevant to the point you're responding to, so stop evading. You tried to characterize animal suffering as "just signals bro," but you clearly don't believe that in reality and are just being edgy on the internet for fun or something.

>> No.9828123

>>9828110
>go ask literally any chef
So I should go to the people who make their living off your fucked-up fetish torture, but who aren't directly involved in it, and quiz them on the ethics of how they make their livings.

Gee, how shocking that they would rationalize gross animal cruelty.

>> No.9828126

>>9828116
You can stop that "joke" now, it's not getting any funnier.

>> No.9828130

>>9827542
at least dogs deserve it because next to cats they are the only animals who kill for fun

>> No.9828131

>>9828116
>Lacks decency
>Rationalizes away the notion of decency as "muh oppinions"
The only one sick here is you, fedora-boy.

>> No.9828132

>>9828094
>>9828104
Explain this though:
>>9827753
That doesn't look like anything normal or healthy.

>> No.9828135

>>9828132
But anon! The ducks don't ASK for the torture to stop, so they must like it!

>> No.9828137

>>9828123
I'm done, but please, just try it. its really good, and our lively community here has already explained in depth about how its not as bad as you think. Bless your heart and happy holidays.

>> No.9828140

>>9827943
sorry i did worng to you
>I don't even eat vegetables aside from V8 or tomato sauce on pizza.
>tomato sauce on pizza
you are still a monster

>> No.9828141

>>9828126
>>9828131
>Cease speaking your current premises, I say, in a passive aggresive tone. I hereby declare you someone who wears this distinctive meme hat for I disagree with your ideas. I must remind you that you lack decency (therefore, I dislike). And you are of sick mind (as opposed to those who follow my path, those have healthy minds).

Ok bro, calm down, the doctor's on it's way, he's just gonna give you some pills so you chill for a bit.

>> No.9828144

>>9828086
I would explain it if I had any idea what the heck caused that. During my younger years, my family raised dozens upon dozens of geese and ducks and I've never seen anything like that before now.

>>9828094
The major problem with PETA is that they attribute human desires and emotions to other creatures. Most people don't generally enjoy tubes shoved down their throats, depositing food directly into their gullets, true, but most ducks, in fact, do. Similarly, most cats don't generally enjoy hugs but most people do.

>> No.9828156

>>9828141
Are you not a native English speaker? Now that I think about it that would also explain why you're leaning on this one bad joke so hard.

>> No.9828157

It's so good that I don't care. I probably also wouldn't care about the ducks if it tasted like rancid shit.

Living the apathy life.

>> No.9828164

>>9828144
>During my younger years, my family raised dozens upon dozens of geese and ducks and I've never seen anything like that before now.
Did you forcefeed any of them with fat tubes for weeks at a time? Because that's what it looks like, the result of forcefeeding massive amounts of fat into them to the point that their anuses are blown apart by all the unnaturally excessive waste material they need to void out afterwards.

>> No.9828175

>>9827802
That's not straw mate, it's duck food.

>> No.9828198

>>9828156
>Aha! I shall hide my preposterous inability to detect the finesse of thy prose including the difficult syntactic constructions of the days of yore by declaring thyself as one of poor taste in jests! As thou might have noticed, my dear sir, this doubles as an attempt to move the debate to another end! Leave whilst thou can, thou shan't receive what thou sought.

Bro, I called the cops, this isn't funny anymore, you need your meds.

>> No.9828219

>>9828198
Who or what gave you the idea it would be funny to repeatedly use the formula of strawman greentexts in a weird attempt at Shakespearean English followed by a reference to psychiatric medicine?
I'm somehow more annoyed by this now than by your support of pointless animal torture.

>> No.9828233

>>9828219
>receives end product; foie grass
>pointless

I'm going to sleep now, I agree this shit is degenerate, but skeptical, since people here have said it's something ducks do to their children, althought less violently, maybe. I don't even eat foie grass, I do eat pig liver's pâte.

>Who or what gave you the idea it would be funny to repeatedly use the formula of strawman greentexts in a weird attempt at Shakespearean English followed by a reference to psychiatric medicine?
I'm a certified professional baiter (PhD.), and certainly, you can't deny I got my (You)s out of (You).

>> No.9828244
File: 87 KB, 500x942, 02.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9828233

>> No.9828246

>>9828164
>did you forcefeed
Maybe I have a different definition of 'forcefeed' than you're thinking. I would say 'yes, we did forcefeed,' but if you're thinking of keeping the animals in squalid, tiny cages and dragging their necks out and ramming a pipe down their throats, then no: we never did that.

Here's how we did it: cracked maize is cooked with water and suet then put into a feed bucket, which has a drill-like thingy in the middle. Kinda looks like the burrs of a coffee grinder. There's a tube under it.
Call for the ducks. Geese don't typically bother coming straight away because they're less likely to be pleasant than are ducks, but they will come round once they see the ducks lining up and will often start bullying to get fed ASAP.
As soon as geese show up, feed them to get them out of the way and they'll fuck off and stop bothering the ducks.
The process itself: you sit on a chair, position the tube lower to get it into its mouth and a little farther down.
Turn on the drill-thingy and it will start whirring and moving the corn mixture downward and into the tube. Gently swat the duck away if he won't leave and wants more food.
Repeat with the next duck.
I don't know how it's done in large scale operations, but I'd assume it's done more quickly/efficiently. While I've seen maybe a hundred or so ducks/geese come and go in the several years we kept them, others may see that many or more in just a few months.

>> No.9828263
File: 15 KB, 236x354, niBBa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9827624
nice effort post fag

>> No.9828297

>>9827633
chicken farming/slaughtering in the modern world is akin to a well oiled holocaust. 65-100 thousand chickens are slaughtered on a daily basis at an average slaughterhouse.

They run 24/7 - with most (illegal) labor working on holidays.

365 x 100,000 = 36,500,000 chickens killed at the average slaughterhouse in north america. This is billions or maybe trillions a year in the US alone. You cannot fathom the amount of 'suffering" without experiencing a 40 hour week at one of these places.

That being said - I love chicken, free range them, and enjoy killing a bird who had a nice life.

Enjoy your diseases,shit encrusted(no joke from automated eviscertion) metal, chemicals, and pollutants from 99% of the world's chicken. I could give a fuck if it's organic or not.

>> No.9828351

>>9828130
There are actually tons of mammals and birds that'll kill just for the fun of it. Hell, orcas'll play beach ball with each other with a seal as the ball, mind you, these seals are notorious interspecies rapists.
We're not super special in sadism.
In fact, we're even kinder hunters than most predatory carnivores, as most of them prefer to eat animals live from the groin to the neck.

>> No.9828358

My restaurant serves cafe free foie gras that always made me heh

>> No.9828359

>>9828263
Thanks I guess? What is a post fag?

>> No.9828378

>>9827542
I dare anyone try to watch any anti Foie Gras protest and not immediately want to force-feed the protesters to serve their livers
Muh-birds protestors are unemployed cancer

>> No.9828390
File: 74 KB, 1086x611, veal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9827542
Veal is pretty cruel, at least the way it's commonly raised. Imagine being chained to a wall and have your movement almost entirely restricted for your entire (short) life.

>> No.9828419

>>9828390
Imagine being as stupid as a cow.

>> No.9828433

>>9827542
Oh that's cute, you think that's bad.

Come to Japan and we'll show you some real animal cruelty.

>> No.9828459

>>9827542
Don't they enjoy it? I think I read somewhere that it is similar to how they ate as chicks, so they don't mind.

>> No.9828566

>>9828459
Hi.
I posted >>9828246/>>9828144/>>9828080

I thought most producers of foie gras did it the way I described, but this thread had me questioning it, so I did some research. Without going into detail, I did not like what I found.

Now I don't know if most producers do it our way or some of the horrific ways I've read about now. If it's the way I said earlier, then the ducks (and geese too) fucking love it. They scramble over one another to get at the tube. They look forward to it to such a degree that some stubborn ducks/geese don't want to pull themselves away from the tube, even after the feeding has stopped, and they have to be swatted away to give other birds a chance.

However, if the other stuff I read is true, I've also read that these ducks/geese are noticeably frightened of feeding time and try to get away. I think the difference might be the handling of the birds in the first place as well as the choice of feeding aparati: we used tubes, which were hard-ish, but not rough or incapable of some give if necessary. They're made of some sort of plastic, silicone or rubber or something like that.
Other producers use pipes, which are metal. They also use a different feed system. While ours, with the bucket and the drill-like thingy takes about a half minute or so per feeding, the other producers use a method that takes just a few seconds (time is money, I guess). The problem is, going at such a fast rate can hurt the birds. It can also cause them to literally burst, like blowing up a balloon with more air than it can hold. I think that's what might have happened to these poor guys: >>9827753

>> No.9829752

>>9828566
Your research is shitty. It is tuned so the yield is high as possible. If the animals are hurt they don't produce yield, so there is no reason to do that. That pic is not related to the feeding too. That's a bait.
Secondly stop that 'muh ethical' farming. Without humans domesticated animals such like them won't exist at all.
Moreover let's see what happened at farms:
1.sheltered
2.fed
3.protected from predators
4.vaccined
The list goes on, and I damn well think this life is more or less better than living outside, just to be bitten in the neck by some predator.
This is goes to many strawmans as doggo eating. Fuck you, fuck you. If you can't appreciate other culture I think you should shove your head up your ass more so you cannot talk anymore.
I can and will eat dog. Or cat. Or whatever I want. It is just an animal.
Your pet lobing shit does not have any relations to their dogs. So shut up.

>> No.9829763

>>9828433
>MUH JAPS ANIMAL CRUELTY!!
whale hunting is not happening only there you huge faggot.
Frogs is eaten anywhere, they are all butchered the same like that webm. Oh, and you don't know some of them boiled it alive? Yeah, they aren't japanese.
>muh dog eating gooks!
There are other cultures who eat the dogs too you faggot.

>> No.9829783

>>9829763
who's talking about whales
they're probably thinking of the webm of the fish that gets skinned alive, or the dead squid that wiggles when you pour soy sauce on it, or shit like that

>> No.9829785

>>9828009
That does not even make any sense, we never decide what's to eat based on nervous system. There is no requirement and obligation why we should choose it based on that.
Living being as jellysih does not have brain just like vegetable, yet it is still an animal and not vegan.
What a null.

>> No.9829792

>>9828359
nice effort-post fag

>> No.9829797

>>9829783
Oh believe me I've seen those webm baits on threads.
And that dancing octopus is already dead. Those squids that turns white is killed instantly too. What else? Fish? Pain in suffering adds the flavors is a meme.

>> No.9829804

>>9827965
>torturing in that way for a nice luxury is psychopath tier behavior
Typed from my iphone maade in china by underage workers in sweatshops
>ding ding, wakey wakey you cuck

>> No.9829812

>>9827542
>I HEARD they traditionally beat the dog to death under the assumption the dog's elevated adrenaline will make their meat taste sweeter.
geez, citation needed mr.vegan

>> No.9829817

I can't wait for socialism. Most of you retarded cucks are gonna starve to death.

>> No.9829832
File: 35 KB, 547x379, shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9829849

>>9827542
Good. Geese are assholes and the only thing they deserves is by beaten to death by my sandals.

>> No.9829899
File: 60 KB, 638x465, OP.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9829926

Foie gras doesn't involve force-feeding anymore.

>> No.9829932

>>9828233
Holy shit you are everything thats wrong with this website

>> No.9829936

>>9829932
They put little VR helmets on the ducks from birth and make them think that they are on the surface of the moon and that the feeding tubes are their oxygen supply.

It's tragic, but at the same time completely endearing.

>> No.9829943

>>9827542
This is the most reddit image I have ever seen in my entire life

>> No.9830236

>>9829899
eh, 5/10, not bad

>> No.9830697

>>9828141
Cringe

>> No.9831225

>>9827923
Not that guy but unfortunately, while "natural" stuffing is the easiest shit to do (just throw them more food, they'll always eat it), it is very time consuming, and not efficient for industrial tier production of foie gras.
I heard it tastes better and is less damaging for you heath.

>> No.9832079

>>9829812
>vegan
Read the thread before posting, I don't even like vegetables and force down an occassional V8 to for nutritional purposes. What is it with you people and thinking it's impossible to both want to eat meat and not want animals tortured?
http://koreananimals.org/dogs/
>Many dog slaughterers intentionally prolong the pain and suffering of the dog during its killing. Traders use these cruel methods because they believe the adrenaline released by the dog’s endocrine system during torture enhances the health benefits and taste of the meat.
>>9829804
Other bad things existing isn't an argument in favor of torturing animals.

>> No.9832084

>>9829817
I eat meat you idiot. How simple minded do you have to be to think you either eat meat and want animals to suffer unnecessarily or don't eat meat and don't want them to suffer unnecessarily? This is the dumbest false dichotomy I've ever seen.

>> No.9832114
File: 189 KB, 1462x1462, 1474343856725.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9827930

>> No.9832124

>>9827812
>Trying to eat foie grAIDS

What the hell is wrong with you, anon?

>> No.9832131

>>9828086
>>9828132
>Explain this though:
It's because animals are fucking stupid, if you gave any livestock a pipe of unending food they'd gobble it all goddamn day until they couldn't move.

>> No.9832140

Honey

Imagine working all day every day for the entire year, then you come home one day and everything you worked for is gone. So you go back to work to regain everything you lost, and then it happens again. So you go back to work...

>> No.9832151

>>9832131
>if you gave any livestock a pipe of unending food they'd gobble it all goddamn day
Then why forcefeed?
And before you try bullshitting with an answer like "to keep them from eating too much," you could just feed them non-forcibly with limited portions (and some non-gavage operations do exactly that).

>> No.9832159

>>9832131
Proof those pictures of ducks with completely destroyed anal cavities did that to themselves by voluntarily overeating?

>> No.9832172

>>9832151
see
>>9828080
>>9828104
It's an easy way to give them a bunch of food, they literally line up for it because they know what's coming.

>>9832159
Ever seen a dog overeat and throw up because you put too much food in their bowl?
Same shit. Animals are fucking dumb, ass-explosions like that are a result of the manufacturers being dirty and unhygenic combined with what I imagine are enormous goose shits. There's a reason you only see the same 3 pictures of exploded goose ass on the internet, it's because most places actually clean their goddamn product.

>> No.9832173

You know ducks swallow things like fish, crustaceans and even other small birds whole right? A smooth metal tube isn't going to hurt them at all.

>> No.9832192

>>9832172
That's not proof, that's you describing hypothetical scenarios based on nothing.

>> No.9832206

>>9832192
>That's not proof
Prove that it's a direct cause of force feeding and not poor factory hygiene.

>> No.9832207
File: 65 KB, 360x450, philippmainlander.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9827617
This but even more ironically

>> No.9832217

>>9832173
That would make sense except they're known to exhibit fear and avoidance behavior towards the feeding sites and there's evidence of inflammation to their esophagus after forcefeeding them for a while.
https://www.avma.org/KB/Resources/LiteratureReviews/Pages/Foie-Gras-Production-Backgrounder.aspx

>> No.9832234

>>9832206
I don't know what it is, that's why I asked. Why are you pretending to know what it is when you don't have any evidence either? It sounds like you and others making similar posts just want to slap an easy excuse over the situation like it's all just an animal rights activist hoax when really you have no idea what's happening.

>> No.9832252

>>9832234
>I don't know what it is, that's why I asked.
Then stop making burden of proof assertions, fucknose.

>> No.9832267

>>9832252
The burden of proof is on you because you claimed to know that grotesque anal damage was self-inflicted. I never claimed to know what it was either way, so obviously you have the burden of proof here.

>> No.9832282

>>9827542
Who cares, they're birds

>> No.9832307
File: 70 KB, 486x280, IMG_2626.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9827624
Every chicken produced commercialy is basically tortured. Going after foie gras instead of all poultry is stupid. You're stupid too

>> No.9832316

>>9832282
Do you think you need an advanced human brain to experience suffering?
I don't understand how this sort of morality system works. Or are you just amoral and psychopathic across the board?

>> No.9832328

>>9829752
You're chastising the other post for making strawmen, right? Point a few out.
I'll do the same with your post once you do. For now, I'll simply point out that you've you've made a statement irrelevant to the post you're replyin to, including strawmen arguments, about once every 17 words. That's gotta be a record.

>> No.9832337
File: 92 KB, 235x185, 2378.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9827574
but is human animal

>> No.9832404

This might seem like random bitching but
>be amerifat
>mention to my friends that I like pate
>OMG IT'S SO CRUEL AND EVIL HOW COULD YOU
>no not pate de foie gras, like regular liver pate
>WATS THAT

drives me nuts, I recently asked my dad if i could make a pate for the christmas party and he started lecture me about the cruelty of foie gras and kept cutting me off when i tried to explain to him i meant the kind just made from liver.

>> No.9832405
File: 30 KB, 400x400, nu male expression.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Normal person
>look at this information

Nu-male
>FUCKING FUCK WOULD YOU FUCKING LOOK AT THIS SHIT I MADE WHILE WAITING FOR MY NO-SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP'S FEMALE COMPANION WORK HUSBAND TO SHOW UP AND SHARE A SOY LATTE AND DISCUSS WHAT TO BUY HER FOR CHRISTMAS WITH OUR POOLED INCOME

>> No.9832428

>>9832405
Random text enlargement and exclamations make it easier to read over in the context of image boards. If it ead just a picture of uniformly sized Times New Roman paragraphs I probably wouldn't read it.

>> No.9833227
File: 37 KB, 480x480, byY47XA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9827542
Yeah, but foie gras is good as fuck.

>> No.9833237

>>9832267
>I never claimed to know what it was either way
You very explicitly did.
>>9828086
>>9828132
>What you said isn't true, look at what this practice of force feeding has done to their goose butts!

>> No.9833244

>>9832404
Your friends and family sound like complete faggots if they immediately went off on "the cruelties of foie gras"

>> No.9833322
File: 463 KB, 632x569, reddit rump rupture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9832405

>> No.9833337

>>9833244
i dwell amongst the east coast liberals.

>> No.9833353

>this thread again.
No one cares you fucking cum guzzler.

>> No.9833368

>>9827542
they dont feel pain when they are force fed. if given an unlimited supply, they would eat themselves to death. just because you cant imagine being fed until overfull doesnt mean animals feel the same way

dumbshit

>> No.9833371

>>9833237
>You very explicitly did.
>Proceeds to write what he imagines I implicitly said
How do you misunderstand a word as straightforward as "explicit?"
Here's a hint, dumbass, I never once wrote this:
>look at what this practice of force feeding has done to their goose butts
And what I did write was a request to:
>Explain this
As in:
>EXPLAIN THIS. Not:
>THIS IS CAUSED BY FORCEFEEDING DON'T EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW
Along with two other comments that were blatantly qualified as uncertain, like the extremely speculative notion that:
>I'm pretty sure their moms wouldn't do that to them.
And:
>That doesn't look like anything normal or healthy.
As in the burden's still very clearly on you because I never once claimed to know anything about those pictures.
I mentioned I'm "pretty sure" their moms didn't destroy their anuses and that having a destroyed anus "doesn't look like" anything normal or healthy, and of course neither of those are claims requiring evidence, they're explicitly (probably shouldn't use that word since you don't understand what it means, but oh well) not claims because I qualified that it's just what I'm pretty sure of and what it doesn't look like subjectively to me.

>> No.9833376

>>9833368
>they dont feel pain when they are force fed.
Great, then don't force feed them, provide a large amount of food for them to take at their leisure, and they'll overeat on their own.
Unless of course that's not how it works because they wouldn't actually choose to eat that much on their own.

>> No.9833382

>>9833376
>Great, then don't force feed them
but foie gras tastes good. worth the extra cost in food. and yes, they actually would eat that much. they really dont know when to stop when given the supply

>> No.9833385
File: 49 KB, 650x482, Ortolan-bunting-on-branch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9827542
>Ctrl-F Ortolan
>0 results
Basically you capture this song bird, prick it's eyes out so it eats all the time in it's tiny cage, then you drown it in liquor, cook it, and eat the whole fucker in one bite. And you're supposed to cover your head to hide the shame from God.

>> No.9833391

>>9833382
>but foie gras tastes good
>they actually would eat that much
???
Which is it? If they actually would eat that much why do you need to differentiate between force fed liver and non- force fed liver?
What's the difference if they're eating that much either way?

>> No.9833398

>>9833385
t. didn't actually bother to ctrl-f ortolan

>> No.9833399

>>9833385
What kind of crappy browser did you try CTRL+F in that gave you 0 results when there aren't 0 results?
>>9827673

>> No.9833405

>>9833391
As someone already pointed out, natural feeding takes more time.

>> No.9833416

>>9833405
>more time
I don't understand what that means specific to this context.
More time as in it takes 3 months instead of 2 months for them to get to the desired weight? If so, wouldn't that mean they weren't eating as much? As in their weight should be basically 100% determined by calories, so if they're eating the same amount either way it should take the same amount of time, shouldn't it?

>> No.9833425

>>9833416
>More time as in it takes 3 months instead of 2 months for them to get to the desired weight?
Yes. I'm not the guy you were arguing with but its clear natural feeding makes them ingurgitate less food.

>> No.9833426
File: 36 KB, 629x504, 1513066586509.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9833399
>>9833398
Yeah yeah I saw the picture after I posted blow me

>> No.9833429

>>9833425
>its clear natural feeding makes them ingurgitate less food.
OK, well that's the original point, that they don't eat that much naturally, so claiming they do isn't true.
If you could honestly get them to eat as much as what they eat with force feeding but without force feeding then nobody would be force feeding in the first place.

>> No.9833470

>>9833426
>blow me
Present it.

>> No.9833492

>>9833470
lol, I miss good South Park.

>> No.9834769

>>9828157
Pretty much this. It's so good that I don't care.

I've gone to au pied du conchon 3 times, it's a restaurant in montreal that almost every dish has a pound of duck fois gras in it and not once have I given a fuck about the duck. It's like eating heaven.

>> No.9834802

>For centuries, a rite of passage for French gourmets was the eating of the Ortolan. These tiny birds—captured alive, force-fed, then drowned in Armagnac—were roasted whole and eaten that way, bones and all, while the diner draped his head with a linen napkin to preserve the precious aromas and, some believe, to hide from God.
This is the most sadistic food

>> No.9834803

>>9829943
I remember when I was new.

>> No.9834818
File: 103 KB, 600x703, 1500324801609.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9827542
The worst part is that it doesn't even taste that good. I'll take normal goose liver over that shit any day.

>> No.9834838
File: 22 KB, 397x398, 1512181843091.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9827922
>That carrot you're eating is still alive and can feel you biting into it

This is what, I dunno, retards? actually believe

>> No.9834997

>>9829752
I wish we could eat people. It would reduce overpopulation, all the poor would finally contribute to society in a meaningful manner, and lets face it were all animals. No different than a bigger. smarter. stronger animal eating us, it is the cycle of life. The only downside is cooking a human body even when completely bleeding them and cleaning the insides(since they wont cook due to the high water level content),the smell is not pleasant. Even if a body was shaved as much as possible nails removed, etc, etc and cleaned thoroughly it still impossible to prevent the smell. I have found it to be more of an acquired taste, but once that barrier of entry is removed the finished product smell is very similar to that of other meats.

>> No.9835039

>>9834997
This was satirically recommended by Jonathan Swift in the 1700s with his tract "A Modest Proposal".

>> No.9835046

>>9832337
Precisely

>> No.9835091

>>9833385
nigga you stole that from american dad
you aint slick nigga

>> No.9835113

>>9827695
Then why do herbivores instinctively run from predators? A lack of self-awareness doesn't imply zero self-preservation nor capacity for suffering. Babies also lack self-awareness until they're 15 months old, so would you somehow consider them less 'human' until then?

Also, it's interesting that you're arguing potential as an indicator of life's worth to justify anthropocentrism; in that case, would you accept your murder as more 'humane' compared to the murder of an Ivy League valedictorian, even though both of you would feel the same pain? And if you do, then how exactly is human life so 'special'? We're also animals, after all.

>> No.9835696

All animals are commodities for humans to use in any way they desire. There is no such things as animal cruelty in the same way you can't be cruel to a rock.

>> No.9835710

>>9832337
all humans are animals
but not all animals are human
this is preschool levels of logic here

>> No.9835715

>>9827791
so?

>> No.9835728

>>9835696
is that what you tell yourself as you torture kittens you sick fuck

>> No.9835774

>tfw there's no global suffering index that metaphysically quantifies and detects the sum of all agony, as perceived by the brain experiencing it, contained in the nervous sytems of animals and displays it as a stock market index
>tfw there's no god or two that rises out of the earth and fingerwags us whenever it detects too much suffering
>tfw it would still be ignored

>> No.9835932

i do think its funny that the liberal cucks on Bravo hate every single remotely republican idea, led by Tom Collicchio, the ultra lib, but they happily dish up foie on Top Chef every damn episode.