[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 15 KB, 630x430, ambienwalrus.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9816405 No.9816405 [Reply] [Original]

I used to be addicted to Ambien. I would take up to 10 a day, was prescribed 7 a day legally by one doctor at one point. This went on from about age 17-29. I've been using medical marijuana for the past few years, I know the medical designation is a bit of a meme but it fucks me up less than Ambien.

Anyways I used to cook a lot as a kid. I didn't have a lot of friends so I would make pies, cookies, cakes, stews, fairly adventurous stuff for a pre-teen and teen. When I got into drugs, I essentially stopped really cooking and moved to paper plates (still saving up for real ones) and ate mostly frozen, pre-packaged food. It is SUCH a comfort making food now.

Since I got pseudo-sober (just weed) a little over a year ago I can actually cook. Even basic meals get better every time I make them. It is sort of like learning for the first time in that I just didn't develop any skills for the past decade and worried if I had forgotten them.

--

Anyone else here newly sober (or sober-ish) and amazed at their cooking skill improving?

Just made french bread pizza. Simple stuff, but not something I used to do. Went to the farmer's market yesterday in the snow to get some ingredients. Again, nothing miraculous or really to brag about, but for me these are things I didn't used to do.

>> No.9816434

>>9816405
DUDE

>> No.9816456
File: 115 KB, 640x360, obamaweed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9816434
It's legal here fuck you.

>> No.9816598

>>9816434
GANJA

>> No.9817023

>>9816405
bump

>> No.9818170

>>9816405
>was prescribed 7 a day legally by one doctor
Bullshit, it's not a drug that you take multiple times a day, it's a drug you take once just before bedtime and then lay down and fall asleep (or force yourself to stay awake and then do all sorts of fucked up things that you don't remember).