[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 62 KB, 600x369, IMG_1798.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9806458 No.9806458 [Reply] [Original]

Any ideas for changing my lasagna's cheese mix a bit? I usually make a mixture of ricotta (obviously) and mozzarella + Parmesan. But I was thinking of trying ricotta, mozerella + some sort of meme cheese. Like Gouda or... something.

I already add a 3 finger pinch of nutmeg to it.

Also any general lasagna stuff is welcome.

>> No.9806471

>>9806458
grate some cured egg yolk into each layer if you just want something to meme about. Use bonito flake in the curing process if you want jesus to take the wheel

>> No.9806493

>>9806458
I mix asiago and gorgonzola in with the ricotta and sprinkle gorgonzola and parmesan on the top layer before baking.

>> No.9806510

>>9806471
>bonito

No thank you the Japanese need to stay the fuck away from Italian cuisine.

Asiago is a good idea. Somebody suggested Emmantel. A sharp cheese could be good but not *too* sharp.

>> No.9806515

Why is ricotta obvious?

My family lasagne has grana and provolina sarda, so it's nothing fancy. It's made with a sauce in which a brisket has been slow-cooked. The brisket is pulled and used between layers of lasagne and sliced (or shredded) provolina.
On the top layer, only parmigiano is used, specifically an older, dry one (stravecchio, aged a minimum of 3 years). This gives it a darker appearance on top and makes a crunchy layer.

>gouda
I had lasagne abroad with some gouda-like cheese in it. It was white lasagne layered with squash blossoms, roasted leeks, whatever that cheese was and besciamella. Was very different to what I'm used to but good all the same.

>> No.9806540

>>9806458
cottage cheese has a similar flavor but is less grainy than ricotta.
provolone is nice in place of / in addition to mozzerella and parmesan
my mom used some cheddar growing up and it was fine
i think it's pretty tough to go wrong

>> No.9806586

>>9806458
I gave your mom the three finger pinch.

>> No.9806588

>>9806458
This morning I replied to the anon asking for lasagna recipes. and my cheese layer is what you posted,except I add 2 eggs.
1 lb ricotta
1 lb mozz
8 oz parm
and Italian seasoning
I can't imagine what it would taste like with nutmeg, have you tried it with out also? lasagna can be a bit pricey so i'm not sure I could try to add nutmeg. send me just one piece OP please?
I think a smoked gouda would be good
but I tell you the last time I made lasagna I didn't have any on the three cheeses, and had a bunch of provolone to use up. so my cheese layers was only provolone and the smokey flavor was great
Lasagna has been one of my favorites for as long as I can remember

>> No.9806622

>>9806588
Nutmeg adds umami but it's very potent.

Toss in a super small bit then next time you make it. It truely adds that little bit of "o-ohhh shit!! Wtf is that? Huh...." element.

>> No.9806698

>>9806622
I usually only use nutmeg for flan. but that's a good Idea. just using a small amount and adding more the next time I make it, if I enjoy it
Do you use fresh nutmeg?