[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 206 KB, 800x532, Grocery-store.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9620383 No.9620383 [Reply] [Original]

As a customer, employee, anything. Let it all out.

>> No.9620394

>8 item limit express lane
>Dumps a full cart on the belt
>Using obscure coupons like shit printed on a case of pop
>Clerk doesn't say anything until the end, but then reminds her to use a regular lane when she as more than 8 items
>"Excuse me? I like come through here all the time."
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

why are middle aged white women such cunts?

>> No.9620409

>Walk by a pile of overpriced smoked salmon in the display freezers every time I go to the store
>Whenever it goes on sale, its just a different colour with "SALE" printed on it
>Nobody ever buys it, just sits there for months
>Go in a few days ago
>"FINAL" printed on it with the price lowered by $1

Why do grocery stores do this? They must waste huge quantities of food.

>> No.9620414

>>9620394
deal with it faggot

>> No.9620420

>>9620414
No, follow the rules

>> No.9620437

>>9620383
>seeing frozen/refrigerated foods left on regular shelves in random places around the store
>open containers of food/drink left on shelves that someone probably didn't pay for
>crowded aisles where people aren't paying attention and it makes me just want to barrel through everyone

>> No.9620447

>People standing around, blocking the aisle
>Not advertising price drops
>Calling something a sale when its the same price as last week

>> No.9620449

>people who park their cart in the middle of the aisle
> those who leave dairy items on the dry shelves
> the tweaker/ stoner couple who make loud casual conversation with the cashiers and patrons waiting in line
> People wasting time in line trying to figure out how Apple Pay or their new chip debit card work
> old ladies who pay with a check
> being guilt tripped into donating a dollar towards a disaster relief, only to realize I’m paying with EBT and having to fish a real dollar out of my wallet

>> No.9620451

>>9620449
>giving a shit about charities
>letting yourself be guilted
not even once

>> No.9620471

>>9620449
>cart in the middle of the aisle
what if someone's buying something in the middle of the aisle
>dairy on the dry shelves
if you don't work there who gives a toss
>polite small talk with the cashier
autist
>apple pay or chip card
patience is a virtue
>old ladies who use checks
"fuck traditionalists" t. numale communist
>guilt tripped into donating a dollar
just say you already donated last time you shopped autist

>> No.9620474
File: 303 KB, 298x156, 1503739701852.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9620471
>if you don't work there who gives a toss
wasting food because you're too lazy to put it back is pretty shitty m8

>> No.9620490

>when you have a lot of items in your cart late at night and people are coming to the register with very few items and you have to make a decision on how many people you're going to let go in front of you and when you're finally done a person comes to the register with a single item and you avoid making eye contact

Fuck the stores for not opening more registers or not having self checkouts

>> No.9620491

>>9620409
>Why do grocery stores do this?
A lot of bigger stores don't look at total profit as much as profit margins. Often it works out to be better to completely write something off than to make less than 100/200/300 percent profit on it, depending on product.

Remember the guy deciding prices makes no more money if they sell better. Their only incentive is to not piss off the people above them.

>> No.9620508

I'd like for grocery stores to have a single queue so I wouldn't have to figure out which register choice won't make me look like a thirsty weirdo. Micro Center has one line and I like it.

>> No.9620517

>>9620490
i know that fucking feel, habened recently; let just one woman with two items ahead of me. they really should just have a less than 10 or 5 item lane and a normal one

>> No.9620519

>>9620508
>>9620490 here, fuck you

>> No.9620521

>>9620394
>why are middle aged white women such cunts?

Because they were "daddy's little princess" and boys are taught to never hit women. They never learned to give a shit about other people and the consequences of being a shit person.

>> No.9620523

>>9620519
I mean a single queue split between the same number of registers. It's done that way in some countries, but estadouinidenses like to pretend they're the boss after being abused all day by their employers.

>> No.9620524

>>9620508
Our Walmarts have this now in Canada in addition to self-serve areas

I think the US still has the old style because everybody thinks they can save time by choosing the right lane. Its still like this at Costco (only other store with massive volume) and I hate it.

>> No.9621019

>>9620383
When they put more and more of some crap candies, soda or other overpriced trash in walkways. Somtimes to the point you almost can not walk trough.

>> No.9621031

>>9620449
>old ladies who pay with a check

Infuriating

>> No.9621030

Loud children.

>> No.9621054 [DELETED] 

>peak hours
>only two lanes open out of ten normal and two express
>one of them is express

>random items shoved in the back of shelves
>found a curdled gallon of milk behind the Goya products
>dirty diaper behind the air freshener
>cheeseburger behind the iced teas

>groups of people clogging the aisles who aren't even browsing
>literally just talking
>feels like high-school all over again

>pushy assholes who barge through the deli line claiming they were next
>see that same person try to hide what they ordered in another aisle, and pick up the prepackaged shit instead

>find product I like
>they stop carrying it by the next visit

>> No.9621055

>>9620383
>hourly walkie call for cashier backup because they only schedule 3 or 4 cashiers for each shift
>customers leaving shit on the wrong aisle, some even looking at me while they do it
>customers leaving carts haphazard in the cart area when the rest of them are neatly parked and tucked in
>customers blowing me off when I ask them if they need help finding anything 5 minutes before closing
>that one bitch supervisor that never shuts the hell up about reminding me of various aspects of my job despite the fact that she never worked in my department and still has no clue what she's talking about
I've only been working here for a year, but I swear to god the only thing keeping me in this job is the pay

>> No.9621057

>be 16
>stacking shelf
>cart back some boxes
>slip
>whack head on the floor
>no yellow signs
>notice the smell
>slipped in some kids piss
>as I walk back to change my clothes I see that little shit and his mother running out from the bathroom

Children shouldn't be allowed in stores.

>> No.9621059

Some cashier ones.
>People who shop(make final decision) at the register.
>People who stack shit vertically on the belt.
>Customers that don't use dividers.
>Customers that don't grab their bags until transaction is over or I'm so full I need to ask.
>Customers that put really heavy shit on the belt.
>Customers asking for discounts on damaged items.
>Customers that don't understand their own payment methods.
>Having more than 1 cart. (unless it's really big shit)
>Fucking clothes without tags.
>Fucking with the carousal while I'm bagging.
>Self checkout (ALL OF IT)

>> No.9621061

I pulled a gun on a coon for acting stupid in the restroom.
Shut right up.

>> No.9621064

I never know where to look when I'm standing in line for the cashier.

>> No.9621066

>>9621064
it's really easy nowadays
just use your phone

>> No.9621069

>>9621064
Stare at their eyes, remember anon they're trapped with you (;

>> No.9621071
File: 328 KB, 760x780, 1508231075436.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>peak hours
>only two lanes open out of ten normal and two express
>one of them is express

>random items shoved in the back of shelves
>found a curdled gallon of milk behind the Goya products
>dirty diaper behind the air freshener
>cheeseburger behind the iced teas

>groups of people clogging the aisles who aren't even browsing
>literally just talking
>feels like high-school all over again

>pushy assholes who barge through the deli line claiming they were next
>see that same person try to hide what they ordered in another aisle, and pick up the prepackaged shit instead

>find product I like

>pass by little kid in one of those cart seats
>she says hi
>smile and wave gently at her as I pass by out of habit
>kid giggles
>the mother has this look of disbelief and terror on her face

>> No.9621079

>>9621055
a few more
>clearly mark my availability and give plenty of notice (usually a month or so) if it ever changes
>manager still constantly schedules me for shifts I can't work due to classes, gets upset because I "didn't give proper notice"

>come in for a closing shift
>previous shift's worker did fuck all in terms of sales floor shit, obviously dicked around in the backroom for the entire shift
>get blamed for the overflow of re-shop for the department

>have to scan and throw out perishable items left on shelves every night before closing
>overnight team makes sure to block all possible paths to the trash compactor
>get angry when I move shit out of the way to bring the perishable bin through to process it all

>> No.9621538

>>9621055
How much is the pay?

>> No.9621547

A question by a customer to the employees.

I'm one of those people who can't grab the item that is right on the aisle, but always takes the one behind or under that item.

Do you know about that phenomenon, is there a name for it and what is your attitude towards people like that?

>> No.9621556
File: 46 KB, 287x271, 1506553045557.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>"Buy one get two free!" deal on pork ribs
>the price is triple what it usually is

>> No.9621574

>be me
>starting working at a grocery store about two weeks ago
>cashiering yesterday
>old hag kept laying down handfuls of unsorted change to pay her total
>called me an idiot when I didn't count it fast enough for her

People are my pet peeves. Fuck this gay Earth.

>> No.9621601

I hate being asked if I want to donate at every single goddamn store. I no longer go to Petco because I don't have a fucking dollar to give every time I go in. I don't give a shit about your charities that I can't use as a tax writeoff.

>> No.9621610

>>9621547
>I'm one of those people who can't grab the item that is right on the aisle, but always takes the one behind or under that item.
Sure you can, you just choose not to.

>>Do you know about that phenomenon
Of course.

>> is there a name for it
silly? OCD? fucked in the head? take your pick.

>>and what is your attitude towards people like that?
You have a mental issue. Then again, so do a great many customers. Nobody really cares though. The behavior makes no sense, but it doesn't cause problems for the staff so we really don't care. There are plenty of customers whose silly habits cause problems for the store. Yours does not so we pretty much ignore you.

>> No.9621628

>little girl sitting in cart
>mother gave her a bag of grapes
>is happily munching on them
>randomly screaming at the top of her lungs in joy

Torn between the theft/annoyance and the adorableness of it

>> No.9621638

>little boy all alone and crying
>too afraid to approach and be accused of anything
>also too afraid to just leave him to go get a manager

>> No.9621651

>>9621601
>sir you've spent $24.99 on pet food and a monster energy drink, would you like to add one more dollar to help abused animals?
>sorry that's just too expensive

>> No.9621661

>>9621651
I have to watch every damn dollar that comes in due to burger medical expenses.

>> No.9621667

BIG FAT ASS IN SKIN TIGHT PANTS DOWN EVERY AISLE

>> No.9621670

People who put the cart BEHIND themselves in the checkout lane. Honestly, what the fuck are you doing? I can't add my items.

>> No.9621671

>>9620414
Remember this logic Everytime you deal with a nigger.

White people are the new nigger.

>> No.9621696

>>9620394
Employees should have the right to refuse people for breaking that rule if its done blatantly. Not by like 1-2 items though.

>> No.9621700

>>9621059
>>Customers that don't use dividers.
pisses me off when cashier does not slide dividers to the end/beginning of belt. just puts them right next to her/him

>> No.9621704

>>9620383
Working behind the butcher counter is what made me hate boomers so much. It's either the uppity cunt with several thousand specific demands, or the little faggot chewing on a tooth pick just waltzing around, fuck every single one of them.

>> No.9621709

>>9621704
>with several thousand specific demands

I'm confused. Isn't that the whole point of a clerk behind a butcher counter? To address a customer's specific needs? If they didn't have specific needs they'd just grab something out of the cooler.

>> No.9621722

>>9620383
>people not knowing what they're looking for walking slow as fuck and stopping at random so you almost run into them

>> No.9621749

>>9621538
$5.20 per hour

>> No.9621792

>>9620490
>Being a cuck
You were there first, they can fucking wait regardless of how many items they have.

>> No.9621797

>>9621696
>Not if it's 1 or 2 items
Fuck you nigger, and follow the rules.

>> No.9621815

>>9620449
You're paying with EBT and actually have the audacity to complain about giving a dollar to charity? Don't forget that you're a parasite that is only alive because productive individuals collectively decided to sacrifice a portion of their income to sustain your sad existence. Sort yourself out, Anon.

>> No.9621835

>>9621071
>>pass by little kid in one of those cart seats
>>she says hi
>>smile and wave gently at her as I pass by out of habit
>>kid giggles
>>the mother has this look of disbelief and terror on her face
I get the opposite issue, I ignore them because I don't want to be creepy and the parents look at me like I'm a jerk for not acknowledging their kid.

>> No.9621839
File: 150 KB, 375x500, abandoned-carts.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9621844
File: 42 KB, 300x375, XL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9621839
also wide loads riding around in jazzy chairs

>> No.9621847

>>9620437
>>9620449
>>9620447
>having autism and going grocery shopping

>> No.9621851
File: 140 KB, 673x789, the elusive american male in his natural habitat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9620383
>people shitting themselves while shopping

>> No.9621852

>>9621847
Oof, anon you are the type person to ride in the shitty electric grocery carts

>> No.9621860

>>9621835
there's just no winning with some parents. you could save their kids life and they'll get mad at you denying their kid was ever in any danger cause that would mean they're bad parents

>> No.9621864

>>9621847
yeah wanting to get in, find shit where it should be and not have to navigate through large groups blocking the aisles so you can get your shit and leave is soooo autistic

>> No.9621878

>couple at the checkout
>they realize they forgot something
>one stays and the other goes back to find the item
>waste over five minutes of the people waiting in line

>> No.9621886

>>9620523
>hispanohablante nativo
Opinion discarded

>> No.9621919

>>9621547
Often times those front items are the oldest, so passing it over may lead to waste, especially in perishable foods, which isn't good for anybody.

>> No.9621924

>grocery store near me Yas some stuff I normally buy
>Stuff I usually look for at different location, same store
>Have to go to two of the same store
>Just because demographic of customers is so different it changes selection
When I make my chili for parties I gotta go to 2 different stores (not just location) solely due to what they carry. I feel off when I go into one and buy a shit ton of canned things and beef, then to another just to buy spices and seasonings and some canned peppers

>> No.9621930

>customer decides that he doesn't want cheese/meat/frozen product
>instead of bringing item to cashier so it can be promptly put away because he is embarrassed
>puts item in drink machine
>I'm cleaning registers and find spoiled goods in overglorfied cooler

70 to 80 dollars a day because laziness

>> No.9621938

Employees, what do you feel about the personalities of the people using hand baskets over carts?
Do you think they're more tolerable than those with carts?
What about the people going in to buy a bottle of something and using no basket at all?

>> No.9621943

>>9621930
Is your manager too dumb to tell a coworker to check all the register coolers every hour or so?

>> No.9621954

>>9621943
Just about
but it's also a large and popular store so normally we try to keep more people at the door to stop theives
I'm one of the few assistant managers that watches the registers

>> No.9621966

>>9621938
don't give a flying fuck about either of these

if you use your common sense and try not to be a complete arsehole in the first place you are miles ahead of the general populus

>> No.9621980

>>9620383
I hate customers. fucking hate them. the moment a person is a customer they are the most entitled little shits ever.
They leave stuff everywhere. even things from the frozen section.
Today a guy screamed at me for selling beer and wine to 16year olds(completely legal in my country) because he thought alcohol isn't allowed to be sold to people under 18.
The work is nice and all, but customers are fucking shitstains.
>inb4 wagecuck. I am a student.

>> No.9621989

>go to pickup groceries
>get everything I need and then some
>make my way up to the cashier
>they put everything in bags for me
>then they ask for money
What the fuck? When did this trend even start? Fuck you, capitalist pig. These are my groceries.

>> No.9621999

>>9621839
I allready found a cart at the busstation of our city... one of out carts.
>>9621835
yea. allways nice. isn't it. I still engage with the kid. their parents are assholes anyway.
>>9621989
Is this realy a thing in burger land? are you incapable of packing shit yourself? we don't do this shit here in germany.

>> No.9622030

People walking slowly in general

do you not have a list

do you not know where you are going

>> No.9622032

>People that have never been told no and freak out when they are
This is just generally

I went to a ball game and the guy next to me was standing up and leaning over the edge and an employee asked him to sit down and he argued with her for 5 minutes over it. Then when he finally sat down because she picked up her walkie talkie, she walks away and he stands up and stretches and shit. Then he turns to the guy who he went to the game with and complains about it for the rest of the game: "I can stand up when I goddamn wanna"

Of course it was a fucking boomer, I hardly needed to mention that.

>> No.9622035

>>9621059
>customers who put heavy shit on the belt
I do this only because i don't know what the alternative is and I'm too autistic to ask. What am i supposed to be doing?

>> No.9622042

>>9621938
Most people who use a hand basket either don't take their shit out and expect me to, leave their basket under the counter or in the middle of the lane for someone to trip over, or ask the stupid question of where they should put it. Put it where you found it, dummy.

>> No.9622050

>>9622035
Leave it in your fucking cart so I can scan it with my hand scanner.

>> No.9622072

>>9621651
They only do it so they can write it off on their taxes. The store doesn't need a cut of my charity.

>> No.9622073

>>9621999
Brudi, I always used to abuse the lack of shopping cart security back in the day and took the cart + my shit back to my apartment all the time.

>> No.9622086

>Customer loads up like 20lbs of chicken breast
>All the packages have the price striked out with a sharpie and $2 written on them
>Chicken breast not on special
>Guy obviously did it himself
>Page the manager
>Guy says "Something wrong?"
>"Yeah, Chicken breast isn't on special this week so I just want to double check"
>"Really? This is ridiculous, you can't just raise the price when someone wants to buy it"
>Manager comes over and asks "What's the problem?"
>I'm about to start but the customer says something like "Your employee here is trying to scam me"
>"What anon?"
>I grab one of the packages and ask the manager, "did you do this"
>"No, we always use new tags"
>He calls the meat guys up to the front
>Customer says "This is fucking ridiculous" and storms out
>Manger tells the meat guys to repackage the meat

>> No.9622103
File: 46 KB, 414x512, paper-grocery-bags-7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

town bans plastic bags, douchebag supermarket doesnt even bother to get decently thick bags or handles. if i have more than 1 bag it's 2 trips or groceries on the driveway, especially if there's any frozen goods or condensation moisture. fuck shitty paper bags

>> No.9622114

>>9622103
Just bring your own reusable bags. I get free bags from people promoting shit all the time.

>> No.9622115

>>9622103
just buy a reusable bag you can fold up in your pocket. you can even shop around to find one of the size, shape, fabric etc personally tailored to your specific autism

>> No.9622130
File: 255 KB, 475x475, RPET-bag-main-pic.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9622114
>>9622115
If you do get a reusable bag please get one with the little loops so the cashier can hang it and not have to balance everything while keeping your bag open.

>> No.9622215

>>9621999
>communism joke goes over the nazi's head
Why is no one surprised?

>> No.9622221

>Work at a small shop in a Disney resort
>About half small groceries and half souvenirs and gifts
>People asking me why everything is so expensive
>People asking me why everything is so expensive and actually expecting me to give a justifiable answer
>People who leave all their shit on the counter for me to ring up and then go and get more stuff when there’s a line behind them
>People who throw fits when they don’t get discounts on alcohol or cigarettes
>People who don’t discipline their fucking children
>People who throw a fit because they’re not allowed to use their discounts to help their family member pay less (discount only applies to the person who has it and no one else)
>People who throw a fit that they can’t get their items refunded to their card because they don’t have a receipt and it has to be refunded to store credit

Along with all other basic retail shit.

>> No.9622237

>>9622114
>>9622115
>>9622130
I've tried but im forgetful and disorganized and never remember to put the damn things in my car or bring them into the store. I've resorted to doing groceries in a different town

>> No.9622248

>>9621999
Very few American stores expect you to bag your own things. Vast majority have employees do it for you as a courtesy; some even insist on having baggers help you take groceries out to your car.

>> No.9622280

>>9622248
fkn hell, if that was a ob here, that would be nice. we hardly have enough to do things needed to keep our market running.

Honestly thought, I thing customers are the worst.

>> No.9622307

>>9620471
>>apple pay or chip card
>patience is a virtue
tell that to literally everyone else who isnt me. i'll be down to stand around waiting for 5 mins for one person doing their shopping. but the instant i mess something up and need to do something over, people are gonna get pissed at me

>> No.9622359

>>9621055
Never worked at a store but I try and make the carts look better when I go there because nobody puts them away right

>> No.9622399

>>9621610
Okay, thanks for the answer. Was pretty much what I wanted to hear - been wondering, if certain "types" of customers have nicknames in the industry, and if I'm in one of those.

I'll try to better myself shopping, but I don't think I'll ever be able to take the first item when it comes to cosmetics. Anyone have any experience with that?

>> No.9622416

>>9620383
cunt house wives who are all grouchy because whatever vagina tier problems they have need to learn to be humble and respectful. Don't make your problem an associates problem. A lot is out of our control. Why would you cry to me and be huffy and passive aggresive because the rotisserie chicken is out of stock, or the pizza shop is closed. its not even my problem. i dont tell people working in places retarded stuff as if they give any cares at all. treat me and store associates like you would treat strangers on the streets. dont be so comfortable and entitled that you treat me like i'm fucking ronald mcdonald trying to make your shopping experience oh so nice. just put your head down, shut the fuck up, shove your coupons up your cottage cheese ass, and pay for your shit. There is nothing stopping me or anyone else from calling you a cunt or an asshole. there is no physical barrier between us when you're giving me awful banter and disrespecting me to my face. the fluoride and soy hasn't pacified everyone.

>> No.9622774
File: 88 KB, 800x261, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>he doesnt live in the midwest where none of these things happen at glorious hy-vees because the people aren't fucking assholes

>> No.9622777

>>9622774
where there's a helpful smile, in every aisle!

>> No.9622790

At the deli counter it feels like a constant struggle.

>1/2lb ham, sliced as thin as possible
guy shows me example thick slice
>is that as thin as the machine goes?
no
>a bit thinner please, thank you

also, why can't they remember how much i've asked for? i'm not asking them to remember a phone number, it's either a half pound or a pound of X, yet i have to confirm it for them constantly.

>> No.9622797

>>9622790
The deli counters are so shit in the chain supermarkets that I go to a Polish store specifically for their deli.

>> No.9622808
File: 1.94 MB, 800x450, 1495074477161.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9621071
>>found a curdled gallon of milk behind the Goya products
That's fucking infuriating because you could make everything look presentable in your aisles as a retail cuck right before you start to restock.

>> No.9622854

>>9622416
you know, no matter how beautifull anime girls are. maybe most real women nead to be tread like islam would tell you

>> No.9622864

>>9622777
damn right lad

>> No.9622919

>>9622854
Now you're getting it.
White women are the cancer, Islam is the answer.

>> No.9622946

>>9622050
I did this for Costco. Anything heavy or bulky was kept in the cart with the facing up so they could scan everything quickly, and small things went on the belt. Was eventually told that local management made a new decree, and that things under 30lbs couldn't stay in the cart and had to go on the belt to be scanned.

I guess it was to reduce theft, but it was still a pain for me, and a pain for those at the register.

>> No.9622998

Recently Kroger has been pulling some "discount" horseshit.
>buy 4+ save $4 if you are a Kroger plus member!
>check the fine print
>offer only valid if you buy 4 or more at once, otherwise you pay full retail price, eat shit, and we hope you enjoy shopping with us today
>it's never something you'd buy in bulk, or at least would never buy in bulk from Kroger instead of a warehouse

It's probably just done to drive customers towards their own brands, but still fuck 'em for it.

>> No.9623004

I was grocery shopping last week and had a cart filled to the brim, couldn't start unloading it because the fat negress in front of me put THREE giant fucking pumpkins on the belt.
A) one is enough, cashier can modify the amount
B)completely unessecary to begin with because pumpkins are produce and use PLU codes, they don't need to be scanned.
Naturally she paid with ebt. Why are there niggers at my Meijer? I moved to suburbia to avoid the groid, now I have to deal with them when I'm shopping. I hate it.

>> No.9623014

>>9622998
>Buy 4 save $4
>Cannot comprehend this.
>Gets mad because he wanted to save $4 buying three.
>Mathing is hard.

>> No.9623041

Local schools setting up a table by the doors asking for donations for the football team, basketball team or whatever....Fuck you. If you want you fucking brat to play football, pay for it yourself. Don't ask me for money.

>> No.9623051

>>9620449
>being guilt tripped into donating a dollar towards a disaster relief, only to realize I’m paying with EBT and having to fish a real dollar out of my wallet
Britfag here, is this really a thing in America? I saw South Park did this like 2 years ago. Over here if I'm asked to donate to charity I just say no, never been pushed on it they seem more concerned with hassling you about loyalty cards

>> No.9623092

>>9623051
No it's not a thing. A lot of people here are just on the spectrum.
Cashier asks, you say no, that's the end of it. Plus they only ever ask if the store is taking donations for disaster relief or doing their one month out of the year fundraiser for chinless orphans or some shit

>> No.9623095

Publix has the friendliest and most helpful employees.

>> No.9623096

>>9621709
There's a difference between
>"Can you cut me two porterhouses, one an inch and the other an inch and a half?"
and
>"I want you to go in the back and get me a fresh chuck, cut two chuck roasts both no more or less than 3 pounds, four chuck steaks no more or less than 1.5 pounds, and I want to watch you weigh them. Then I want you to trim all of the fat from all of them, and you will not charge me for the fat. Then grind them, but first I want you to clean the meat grinder thoroughly firs, though, I know how unclean you guys are. I want them in 24 half-pound trays, and I want them individually placed and labeled in plastic bags. I will be back in five minutes. I *will* complain to upper management if you don't comply".

>> No.9623097

>>9622797
oh shit dude are you canadian?

>> No.9623105

>>9623095
thanks senpai we try

>> No.9623108

>>9621071
>find product I like
FUCK. EVERY TIME

>> No.9623112

>>9623108
you can ask the grocery manager to customer order it for you. Or at least you can at publix.

>> No.9623119
File: 39 KB, 450x450, 175922.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9623108
I know that feel. Pic related is the pinnacle of culinary achievement and I can't find them ANYWHERE

>> No.9623139

>>9623014
I see other stores list items as being "buy X, save Y," but still giving you the sale price per item even if you don't buy in the listed quantity. Kroger used to do this much more often, in fact. Recently, however, Kroger has been moving towards a much more rigid "all or none" sale pricing when putting multiple items on sale.

Also, I checked the sale tag first. It's not like I rolled up to the checkout without thinkjng first and threw a fit over it like some middle aged soccer mom.

>> No.9623143

>>9621574
Underrated post

>> No.9623149

I haven't been a bagger for a long time but
>live in floridian resort town
>biggest rush of the day during tourist season
>Ohio Steve and his family, all wearing Ohio U merch come up with a $1000 order
>hi I'm from Ohio
>in ohio kroger gives us paper bags with handles
>can I get double paper in double plastic
>also I'm from Ohio

every time

>> No.9623155

>>9621815
Underrated as fuck post. Any stress this enough.

>> No.9623159

>>9621055
>that one bitch supervisor that never shuts the hell up about reminding me of various aspects of my job despite the fact that she never worked in my department and still has no clue what she's talking about

oh fuck me this is the biggest peeve of all time. COWORKERS will do this as well, despite the fact i've been doing the same shit for years now. i dont need to be reminded to do something ive been doing consistently and well, whereas everyone else is too slow or too dumb to function properly without a piss-poor attitude.

i dont remind coworkers about anything unless theyre doing it wrong. im not here to remind you what you need to do, if you dont do it, youre fucked and thats your fault.

>> No.9623169

>>9621839
>tfw cartnigger at sams
>people leaving the carts in the grass with the caddies a grand total of five fucking feet away

>> No.9623170
File: 113 KB, 216x204, 1404475848420.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Holding up a line because they just HAVE to give an absurd amount of exact change
>Trying to bum money off of people when they "forget" to bring enough
>Paying for a $1 item with a 100

>> No.9623182

>>9623170
broke ass nigga

>> No.9623187

>>9623170
>Paying for a $1 item with a 100
It's always some boomer fuck with a massive beer gut that keeps a stack of hundreds in a money clip in the front pocket of his Wranglers that haven't fit in 7 years, isn't it?

>> No.9623243

>>9623170
>>9623187
>>Paying for a $1 item with a 100

It's usually people on food stamps that keep all their money in cash so that the government can't see it and take away their benefits.

>> No.9623244

>>9623004
Hate those parasites. Be a martyr and go out guns blazing in a hood.

>> No.9623255

>>9623243
Not all the time.
I need that Medicaid.

>> No.9623271

When I worked retail there was nothing I hated more than all the sad fucking weirdos that only came into the shop to talk to the employees. I don't know if we were in a hellmouth area or whatever, but we honest to god had some people who came into the store 5-7 times a day, bought a single thing and went around trying to start up a conversation with the employees everytime. Generally they were weirdos and old people with literally nothing to do all day, or lonely 40+ men who probably were incel. It became so bad I actively avoided them and made detours, using the roof mirrors to avoid detection. Some of them would slow-play their shopping tour so they were alone in the store with the cashier when the store closed and would drag that shit out for 10 minutes, while the cashier was extremely uncomfortable with this drooling 60 year old making lewd puns and bagging their own shit in ultrarapid.

When I'm shopping I mostly get annoyed by other customers who should by now know how a fucking store operates and how to pay for your shit. Why do you act like it's a fucking surprise that you have to pay for your food? Have that wallet up and ready already, don't rummage through your oversized handbag when there's 8 people waiting behind you. Keep your shit together, stop using checks and for the love of god have some fucking money on your card. How retarded can you be to go shopping without any money? Also people who leave their stuff on the conveyor belt to go find something else should be shot on sight.

>> No.9623272

>>9623170
I work at a gas station. It's these fucking aliens that get paid under the table. They try to get a pack of gum or a 1.25 beer single with a 100. I dont give a fuck about them. Go somewhere else, pedro

>> No.9623277

>>9620524
How is one person ringing everything up more efficient then a team of people ringing things up?

>> No.9623280

>>9620383
The grocery jester for sure. Why do they even hire these cunts?

>> No.9623293

>>9620524
This is real because your cashier quality can vary wildly by store and manager. There's always going to be those one or two pearls among the swine.

>> No.9623295
File: 64 KB, 772x501, 1506604406814.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Those managers that are shit because they like to bitch about everything you do because they're obsessive micromanagers that threaten to write you up for putting a reciept out of the way at a 42° angle and not a 45° angle.
>Or those managers who literally bitch about performance when you're one of the top cashiers with some of the best times and scans per hour.
>That one nigger manager that hates you because you're not a nigger and do better than the nigger cashiers.
>Using your own discount to help out someone who clearly was poor and trying to buy diapers and was short a few bucks and getting in trouble with management for it.
This one especially because I never fucking used my discount otherwise.
>An item doesn't scan and some old boomer fuck chorts, "It must be free! Hurr hurr hurr!"
>People who send their autist children in to buy shit when they can't count.

>> No.9623320
File: 156 KB, 764x616, 1375381814718.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Couponfagging
>Literally only keeps going because cashiers are mouthbreathers and don't read the quantity rules on those damn things or accept blatant photocopies
>Worse when the managers look the other way for the sake of "customer service"

>> No.9623332

>Clearly go to swipe my card
>"Oh, wait. Is that a chip?"

Also those guys who use self checkout and don't know what the fuck they're doing

>> No.9623341

>>9623187
>>9623243

Worse is when you can see into their wallet/billfold and see they have small bills but just want to be a cunt. And somehow it's ALWAYS in the first 5 or so orders on a register.

>> No.9623345
File: 25 KB, 397x397, 1498986312427.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9623295
>An item doesn't scan and some old boomer fuck chorts, "It must be free! Hurr hurr hurr!"

Play it straight, don't acknowledge they made a joke. I work in a store where we price a lot ourselves so if something doesn't have a price I get to make it up, I overcharge the fuck out of smug boomer cunts, jews too

The manager hates having to come out the back so as long as the customer doesn't make a scene I'm golden
>"Can I see your manager?"
>Nope they're not in today, just me, whats the problem?
>Their fucking face trying to understand they can't go over my head to bitch until they get their way
Get fucked grandpa

>> No.9623350

>>9620449
This.

>> No.9623355
File: 130 KB, 975x437, compare.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9620383
>idles directly in the middle of the aisle leaving no room on either side
>feels the need to bring their cart full of shit that doesn't belong to them yet into every little corner they want to browse in because they think people want to steal your unpurchased merchandise
holy fuck someone already made an image for me on google for the first one. learn to navigate a marketplace. i've spent a lifetime working in retail coping with slow simpletons who thoughtlessly enjoy making a blockade out of even the widest of aisles.

>> No.9623368

>>9620409
To salvage whatever price they can out of an item they soon have to throw out otherwise due to legal code-dating. You get notified and even audited if you leave food out for purchase that is past it's expiration date, and corporate retail buyers are paid to keep track of that. They're trying to get rid of inventory before they literally have to throw it in a dumpster.

>> No.9623379
File: 24 KB, 500x518, 1394545980895.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9623345

>tfw you get a manager that just refuses to play into their bullshit

>> No.9623393

>>9622050
>>9621059
what constitutes as too heavy? are some stores belts different than others?
Will a 24case of beer be too heavy?

>> No.9623400
File: 207 KB, 500x350, 543289.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9620383
People who stand in doorways tend to love grocery stores. What the fuck, asshole, you just broke the door. I have just settled on ramming them with carts or a closed door, and saying "Oops, didn't see you, I expected the doorway to be clear." Yeah, I am a dick, but fuck doorway standers.

>> No.9623410

>>9620449
Aw, man leave old ladies alone. My mom gets rushed by assholes all the time, and she keeps getting hurt by tripping over shit, and then I have to chin check a faggot. I get it that checks are stupid, but you're the dumb shit who got in line behind an old lady. Just leave them be.

>> No.9623414

>>9620451
Yeah, I tell them to stop wasting my time as my business already has a full philanthropy book. You know the store is just writing that shit off of their own taxes anyway.

>> No.9623416

>>9623410

No, fuck you. Unless you're moving large sums, there is no excuse to not use a debit card in this day and age. That's just them being antiquated for nothing more than the sake of it or trying to pass bad checks.

>> No.9623418

>>9623410
As a cashier I only mind checks when I have to punch in ID# and phone# otherwise it's just time I get to take a break from bagging.

Coupons are the same. As long as the customer isn't going to argue over the ones that don't scan it's just like a little micro break for me.

>> No.9623420 [DELETED] 
File: 374 KB, 917x845, 1508878108508.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9620383
>pastry 50% discount after 9pm
>take all the chicken turnovers
>take all the apple turnovers
>only dry mini pizzas, cinnamon rolls and brownies left
>some girl next to me does a sound of frustration and storms off

>> No.9623426
File: 175 KB, 1900x1122, man-punches-kangaroo.ngsversion.1480981537690.adapt.1900.1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9620383 (OP)
>pastry 50% discount after 9pm
>take all the chicken turnovers
>take all the apple turnovers
>only dry mini pizzas, cinnamon rolls and brownies left
>some girl next to me makes a sound of frustration and storms off

>> No.9623429

>>9620383
People who eat grapes from the open bags and then put the bag back on the shelf.

>> No.9623441

>>9623277
It's one line split among the same number of cashiers.

>> No.9623445

>>9621030
Never go to Aldi when school is out.

>> No.9623450

>The elderly who always camp in the middle of a T intersection or in front of store-room doors

>The litteral retards

>The middle manager who's eternally on your ass, or his own

>The teenage "help" that can't tell a broken pallet form a good one, can't tie a knot, can't change a plastic bag,

>The filthy fuckers the dump cigarette bits into can, live wedges into beer bottles or tries to cheat the bottle deposit system by printing fake labels

>The people that are outraged that "their dinner plan are ruined" all because we don't have a limited stock item on the final day.

>The fucks that sneak in at closing when the doors are set to exit only.

>People who "need" the bottom/rearmost item

I wish I could just get a dedicated back-room assignment

>>9623393
50 pound bags of road salt is popular one.
Not only did they walk in though the exit to grab one, they then hauled it around the store for a hour an then slams it on the conveyor

>> No.9623460

>>9623414
fucking faggots making me click no everytime i check out

>> No.9623468

I can't even get through this thread. I just keep getting pissed off. I just have groceries delivered now. Fuck all that. HEB needs to step up their selection though

>> No.9623478

>lunch break
>go into local grocer's
>get some food at the deli
>on my way out I'd swing by the drink isle
>put a couple of drinks in my backpack quickly
>grab one to buy so nobody is suspicious

used to think I was so smooth back in highschool, when in reality I was a fucking nigger. mustve stolen over a couple hundred dollars worth of mt dew.

>> No.9623486

>>9622086
>you can’t just raise the price when someone wants to buy it
How does someone honestly come to this conclusion?

>> No.9623503

>>9620383
>go shopping
>people leave cart in the middle of the isle
>walk up and down isle being undecisive
>have to try and get their attention you want to get by

Additionally

>mom on phone
>lets kids run around wild
>at check out constantly on phone
>gets final total
>"Hol up that's how much?"
>looks confused and starts making a scene thinking that would make the price go down
>kids constantly running around making it worse

>> No.9623518

>>9623478
would've respected you if it was alcohol. but it was neckbeard fuel you were stealing, boy.

>> No.9623520
File: 116 KB, 240x240, DM3uOSEUEAAzG9h.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The degenerates that come out with 3 carts full of shit on EBT day and then their EBT don't work.

Putting away that shit always gave me a headache. Also dumbasses who put produce and refrigerated meats in the freezer.

>> No.9623529

regularly closing one to two hours early on the weekend
hate that shit, just because they don't want to deal with buzzed shoppers I can't get my shit at night. I don't like going out during the day

>> No.9623530

The amount of people that steal or try to scam is fucking staggering.
If it won't scan and it doesn't have a upc I just tell the customer I can't sell it to them. If they insist I call in a csm for a price check but the ones at my store are so busy that the customer usually gives up and doesn't get the item.
It's fun to see them claim a price and when the csm does go to check they hurry and pay and walk out so that they don't have to explain their tag swapping bullshit.

>> No.9623537
File: 36 KB, 500x389, 1503936814673.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9623379
>Tells me to ring the panic button if I see gypsies enter the store so other employees can watch them specifically to stop them stealing
lol, I over charge them too, they constantly rip tags off then they find that tag in their pocket when it's lower than my new price, the sheer gall of such a thing
Get fucked you filthy burka wearing gypsies that doesn't fly with me, Hitler should have gassed you first, now you pay double or leave I don't give a fuck which

>> No.9623556

>>9623478
they knew you were stealing

>> No.9623563

>>9623556
you think so? why didn't they call me out then?

>> No.9623565

>>9623563
They're not paid enough to deal with that shit

>> No.9623576

>>9623520
Women with WIC cards are similar as well.
Have to sit there for 10 minutes when their bill doesn't completely ring out at 0 figuring out why their total is $2.38.
Inevitable some stupid fuck in line behind them offers to pay for their baby food because they understand young mothers have it hard or some shit.

>>9623563
We know. For things like a soda or produce and shit it's not worth dealing with. Unless they know you are a repeat offender or you are stealing non food items employees will mostly look the other way.

>> No.9623577
File: 20 KB, 257x257, Smiling man about to drink some juice.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9623537
>Have a crackhead pull that tag bullshit on us all the time.
>Get a call to price check an item.
>Three minutes before closing, same bitch, same MO.
>Go to check the price.
>As it turns out, someone DID actually miss a sale price.
>Tear the tag off, tell the cashier I don't see the sale tag.
>Watch the crackhead run up to the isle and do jumping jacks because she cannot find the sale tag.
>mfw

>> No.9623581

>>9623563
We know every regular and suspected thief in our store.
They might not've had enough evidence to get you or maybe they didn't give a shit

I work at publix, and ever since the last living relative of the original owner was forced off the board of directors for being "unfit for duty", they've been doing their best to fuck over the employees and give themselves raises.
This includes getting rid of employee bonuses, which tied into the store's quarterly profits.
Now that we have no incentive to prevent theft, we literally don't get paid enough to give a shit, and we have no reason to give a shit.
As long as you're not a stupid prick or some low life crackhead piece of shit trying to steal $300 worth of king crab legs I don't give a shit. I still think thieves are pieces of shit but it's not worth getting stabbed over.

>> No.9623589

>>9620383
I don't normally run into any annoyances at the grocery store but I did encounter some rogue hot dogs and string cheese left to rot among the boxes of soda. I really can't understand what kind of person does this.

>> No.9623600

>>9623112
>s-sir i see you dont have the crackers i want anymore, can you please custom order them for me
i'd strangle you if i could

>> No.9623602

>>9623589
Self checkout at Walmart gets a full cart every 1-3 hours or so depending on how busy it is. People are just lazy and put the stuff they don't want on the candy or behind the registers.
These are the same people who don't corral their carts or push them in the wrong way.

>> No.9623612

The only time I am truly racist is grocery shopping. Fucking Asians and Indians have no fucking peripheral awareness and take up the whole aisle, not letting anyone by.

>> No.9623615

>>9623612
Chinese here, how about those fucking fatass Americans in their little fooking scooters

>> No.9623621

>>9623589
I work in the Meat Department. Lunch Meats and Cheeses/LMC is a subdepartment of ours. It's where all the bagged cheeses, oscar mayer lunch meats, bacon (etc) are. I also happen to work at a very high-movement store in a resort city (in the top 5 of the entire chain during the height of season) so we have a LOT of out-of-state people.

The first department one passes through on the typical counter-clockwise path through the store is the Deli. Of course, Publix is known for stocking only Boar's Head meats. So, of course we have a bunch of pre-packaged boar's head meats and cheeses in cold bunkers in the deli. A lot of the tourists don't understand how it works, so they assume these are the ONLY lunch meats/cheeses we carry. Obviously they're a fair spot more expensive than the hillshire farm shit they're used to.

Then, against the back speedway is LMC where the stuff they're actually looking for is. Every couple of hours we load up an entire flattop worth (roughly 30 packages) of custom-cut deli meat/cheese and pre-packaged boar's head stuff to cart back to the Deli because these stupid jackasses shoved the deli meats they didn't want anymore way in the back behind all of the other products like we wouldn't find it and like it'd hide their greedy shame.

>> No.9623660

>Walking around trying to decide what I needed cause I forgot to make a list
>Ugly as fuck couple ahead of me with their cart in the middle of the aisle and them standing in the open areas
>Never any room to get past them cause its packed
>Too tired/anxious to say excuse me, would still need to shift around 3-5 more carts of people
>Just kinda follow behind, its packed so tightly I have to say excuse me to get anywhere
>Paying zero attention to them, just trying to get through each aisle and remember what I wanted to grab
>Anxiety is 10/10, starting to sweat a bit even tho its not hot. Short of breath
>Realize I never actually got around these two fucktards
>Finally the guy swings around with something in his hand (Probably Mace) and tells me I am creeping them out and I need to leave
>Start to react
>"I SAID GET OUT YOU FUCKING WEIRDO"

Thats the last time I bought a full set of groceries. I eat out like 75% of my meals because if I go into a Grocery Store I get a severe panic attack

>> No.9623668

I just got off a closing shift. Just the usual same stupid shit, but if there is something I will always complain about it's the unwashed dirty fuckers who make you literally heave.

I have to fucking hold my breath because you dirty fucks are too lazy to take a fucking shower. And then I have to deal with the embarrassment of explaining the stench left behind for the next customer.

The fucking worst. Why can't people just be fucking clean?

>> No.9623674

>>9623668
I really hate the people who smell like ammonia because they must bathe in cat urine or something.
And no, those Yankee candles do not fucking mask the fact that your house, clothing and body smells like a litter box and wet dog.

>> No.9623680

>Buying a couple items, including a big container of Baby Greens for salads
>Carrying them in a little basket, greens on top cause its breakable
>Some retarded kid sprints in front of me
>Almost kick his head off
>Stop suddenly, lettuce goes flying out of basket and breaks, going everywhere
>Guy starts screaming "CLEANUP ON AISLE THREE" and laughing at me
>Tell him to fuck off
>Go get new lettuce, go to check-out
>One of the workers is now cleaning
>Points me out
>Cashier starts trash talking me for wasting food and causing a hassle
>Tell her off
>Starts crushing my shit into bags, tearing holes into them
>Go talk to the manager afterward, explain all this
>Looks at me clearly not giving a fuck and says sorry, offers me $5 off my next visit

>> No.9623681
File: 8 KB, 236x236, f475564fe3baceabfa85f6c14eefa7cb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9621059
My mom tells the bagger how to arrange things. Even puts stuff in bags herself. How annoying is this?

>> No.9623685

>>9623563
store clerk here.

trust me, it's super fucking obvious. but with laws the way they are now and "employee safety", we can't do fuck all about it except trick you into looking at a camera and reporting you after you leave.

>> No.9623688

>>9623681
A bit but it mostly depends on how she laid everything out on the belt.
If it's all grouped and in order it's not a big deal, if it's all mixed and she has stuff like raw meat at both ends of the belt it's extremely annoying.

>> No.9623689

>Go to Giant to buy groceries
>At checkout cashier just pushes my shit down into the bagging area
>After a bit she looks at me and says "You know this is a self bagging register right?"
>Turns out my store now has:
>8 registers where one bagger is employees to help the disabled, the rest you are expected to bag your own shit. Hope you are fast because if you don't get EVERYTHING bagged and be fucking ready for payment the second that last item crosses the scanner you get the death glare from the cashier and the other patreons
>2 "Service +" Registers where you get your shit bagged
>Self-Checkout

>> No.9623692

>>9623674
The worst part is when they ask for a plastic bag (i work in a small local shop) after having handed you money that their filthy fingers have touched, and then tell you that you need to lick your fingers to split the bag easier when your hands are so dry they lost all their grip.

I just end up getting them to do it and if they refuse I gladly spend a good minute just fucking with the bag while looking at them.

>> No.9623702

>>9623681
Depends honestly. Every clerk knows basic shit like heavy stuff on the bottom, so they really shouldn't be telling you how to bag unless you manage to fuck it up royally.

If someone wants me to play tetris with their shit I'll gladly comply and waste their time asking for specific bagging instructions though.

If they just wanna bag it themselves that's fine by me, I prefer it that way actually. Means if it splits it's their own fault.

>> No.9623721

>>9623692
you sound like a really weird awful person

>> No.9623724

>>9623680
From the POV of the cashier it's likely you looked like you dropped something and decided instead of picking it back up or cleaning it up, you just decided to get a new one and not give a fuck.

Personally if I saw the kid do what they did though, I wouldn't blame you. Kids are shits in stores.

>> No.9623740

>>9623721
I'm just so tired of the general public's shit at this point that I really couldn't give less a fuck.

People should bathe, you smelly twat.

>> No.9623750

>Employee sticks sale sticker to prosciutto roll
>Doesn't cover bar code
>Scans for full price at checkout

It was gross as fuck too.

>> No.9623764

I once watched two women have a very long winded and heated conversation about nothing for 45 minutes in front of my counter
then a third one joined thirty minutes in
it went on for an hour and a half
I would be infuriated if I wasted an hour and a half grocery shopping, what the fuck are they even doing

>> No.9623801

>>9620409
>Went to supermarket
>Whole section of imported chocolates and expensive stuff marked down to hell
>I'm talking buy one get one free or up to 70% off
>All is one or two months away from expiring
They must have figured they wherent going to sell any of it and there wasn't any damage in marking it down so much because it meant it would all get sold that weekend and it wouldn't steal sales from other products, I didn't have much money on me, still enough to buy 3 bas of imported Italian chocolates, that was a great day, some cunts even hid the chocolates and went home to grab more money to buy them it was almost like a scavange hunt

>> No.9623848
File: 56 KB, 540x540, 1503141189402.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9621815
I was waiting for someone to post this. The sense of entitlement people have nowadays is ridiculous, and you see a lot of it at the supermarket.

>> No.9624175

>>9621064
There are usually trash-tier magazines in the checkout area at most supermarkets. Just glance at the covers until you're ready to pay.

>> No.9624201

>>9623764
Probably soccer moms with nothing to do. The NEETS of normalfags

>> No.9624217

>>9623097
Yes, Etobicoke.

I hit up Starsky's on the regular.

>> No.9624269

>work at wholesale
>still sell a lot of non bulk things so people come in to buy what ever
>someone comes in and asks if we have the big tubes of ground beef
>all out until monday
>gets pissy and acts like its a personal attack
>asks to talk to manager
>he tells him that we are bullshitting him
>manager keeps telling him that resturants come in and buy it all the time and we get shipments of it monday-friday
>he keeps going on about how he's has a life and cant come in all the time
>manager done with his shit
>"Look if your fatass cant come in on one of the 5 days we are guaranteed to get it in then you don't need it"
>walks away and the guy leave pissed as fuck
I miss him

>> No.9624319

>>9623689
thats when u leave the shit there and go to a different store

>> No.9624331

>>9623051
yes they're fucking annoying. they come up as a "do you want to donate to (red cross|charity|cancer research|hurricane relief)" prompt, before you pay, but always after you enter a rewards card number (typically a phone number or connected to one), so it makes me worry they can track the fact that i don't donate. after that the buttons always say:

[$1][$5][$10]
[$20][Other...] [GIANT ASSHOLE _RED_ "NO THANKS" BUTTON]

they try to guilt trip you hard especially when i was buying something like a day after hurricane harvey rekt the fuck out of the south. i vocalized how i felt and the cashier was all like 'don't even worry about it those people skim a fuckton of that donation money off the top anyway' and i felt slightly better.

this and finding damaged/open goods or refrigerated items in the wrong section are my only complaints. not cool.

>> No.9624347

Grocery stocker.

>be stocking something on sale
>there's an asston of it on my trolley
>customer walks up and points at my hands
>"here, just give me those, i'll just make your job easier for you

It really doesn't.

>> No.9624404

oh, nearly forgot some great ones.
>customers that lean so far into me they are basically on my scanner.
usually middle-old women don't know what they are thinking
also those who start packing their items starting with the stuff coming directly from my scanner thingy. this way I am slowed down as fuck, because can't push the item away since their hand is in the way.
>customers that think I don't realise it when they fart at the register.

>> No.9624413

>>9624404
Tbqh I fart at the register because I know you have no choice but to stand in it.

>> No.9624422

>>9620490
i literally do the opposite and beat old people into the lanes because i have a swifter walking pace. it's a perk i get to enjoy only for a limited time and i'll be damned if i'm not going to abuse it whenever possible while i'm young. also i have real shit to do and they just sit around all day collecting social security so fuck em. respect em cus they're old and broken but getting shit done time is on fuck em.

>> No.9624423

>>9624413
i recently had a women do an astounishing loud one. guess she thought it was a silent killer.
miss the store jester, he used to dedicade his life playing jokes on those people....got a bit out of hand, had to fire him.

>> No.9624448
File: 72 KB, 500x738, 300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Scanning customers items.
>Customer decides to scan their own item they were holding, leaning over and scanning the item.
>They fuck up and scan said item three times before yanking the item away.
>Now I have to call a manager over to remove the fuckup.
>Takes five minutes for a manager to show up.
Let me do my job if you are incapable of doing it for me you fuck.

>> No.9624932

>>9623688
>A bit but it mostly depends on how she laid everything out on the belt.
>If it's all grouped and in order it's not a big deal, if it's all mixed and she has stuff like raw meat at both ends of the belt it's extremely annoying.
i lay my stufff in my cart ..and then belt in order so it will line up nicely on my reciept and all the things i want together will hopefully end up in the same bag
...most the time the cashier doesnt give a fuck and just jumbles everything

and i always watch the price screen when the cashier is totalling up everything for me. whcih of course means i am not at that moment paying the creditcard machine or pulling out my ID but becuase of this, many times i have saved myself from buying expensive stuff i misread the pricing on.

>> No.9625004

>working at meat section
>stacking fresh meat in shrinkwrapped packages in the cooler
>faggot kid comes in
>starts poking holes in the meat
>effectively ruining 200 dollars in meat
>scold the kid and take him to his mother and the manager
>kid shits himself and cries (no joke)

That was probably one of the more disgusting things i saw

>> No.9625063

>>9622399
>when it comes to cosmetics
R O A S T I E D E T E C T E D

>> No.9625068

>>9620383
>take exact change with me to get cigarettes
>stop at the Family Dollar right down the street from where I live
>ask for cigarettes
>they're more expensive now
>say shit, I'll be back in a few min-
>cashier cuts me off
>you can't afford X...?
>other people in line behind me
>says he'll cover the rest
>kinda pissed so try to insist otherwise
>he insists otherwise
>just go with it and fuck off
He was always a pretty cool guy before but that struck me as offensive. Maybe he just didn't realize how he phrased it.

>> No.9625090

>>9625068
>take exact change with me to get cigarettes

You realize prices and taxes fluctuate, right? They paid for you to get out of the way.

Basically their time is more important than your ignorance, kiddo. "Here is your change, now go away"

>> No.9625154

>>9621919
>front items are the oldest
That's the exact reason why I never pick the items at the front. Usually the stuff at the back is fresher and will last longer

>> No.9625163

>>9621919
I don't care, if it's that much of a problem put the older items second in the row.

>> No.9625176

One of the reasons I end up putting items back on the wrong shelf is because of supermarket jew tricks of not putting relevant items together; I'm guessing to force you to go down more isles in the hope you see something else to buy
>look for specific brand/item
>can't find it, so pick up closest alternative
>2 aisles down see the exact thing your looking for
>fuck you supermarkets
Although people that don't put frozen or refrigerated items back are arseholes

>> No.9625181

>>9620471
I don't know why people get hung up on retail store charity drives. Donate once and get on with your life. No one is going to judge you and you shouldnt judge yourself.

>> No.9625188

>>9623187
Well it wouldn't be a millennial, they're too busy complaining about the last generation to actually get a decent paying job to be carrying 100's in the first place

>> No.9625194

>>9621538
for my job, $11/hr

>> No.9625205

>>9620383
>refrigeration goes down
>tarp everything over for the hour and a half that it takes to repair the units
>even stand by the units to explain the situation to customers
>people still try to get past the tarp when they think I'm not looking

had someone complain to my manager that I was rude to them when I asked them not to snoop around behind the tarp

>> No.9625214

i hate when people call aisles isles

>> No.9625217

>>9624932
>belt in order so it will line up nicely on my reciept
For what purpose?

>> No.9625257

>>9621696
Employees reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

>> No.9625332

We should have stickies for employee bitching general and one shoppers bitching general

>> No.9625341
File: 26 KB, 412x365, 1509326119084.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9620383
>tfw been moving to a new country and uses self checkouts since
>tfw shops at night time, no people around
>tfw five years and counting
Feelsgoodman
The only pet peeves is just people who walk slowly
But i've learnt only virgins walk quickly so then again it's normal I guess.
Oh and people who put perishable items should be killed on the spot, or banned.

>> No.9625368

>>9620383
Having to wait in line
Having to interact with cashier to checkout.

I hope they do with mobile phone checkout for stores. It wont stop everyone from using cashier checkout, but it will lighten the load significantly.

>> No.9625427
File: 92 KB, 960x960, DDBaMZIVoAEAO5X.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Forget my Feed & Breed points card at home
>Cashier wont just look up my account using my phone number

>> No.9625459

When a customer reaches over the register to scan their store card. Holy shit that pisses me off

>> No.9625481

Former cashier here

-those reusable bags are surprisingly annoying to bag, the top of the bag always flops inward
-I hate when people are really peculiar about how they what their groceries bagged. Yes I understand you don’t want the chemical cleaner with your food. But if you’re the kind of person who wants separate bags for every kind of food item, that is weird.
-hate when people ask for paper and plastic . Wasteful and our plastic bags are extremely resilient in their own
-when customers pay with a check. What the fuck are you doing. And then they have the fucking audacity to complain when it takes long
-people who “forget” that items were on the bottom of their cart
-people who eat their food before paying for it. I understand a lot of people think this is normal but I find it gross and scummy. It is technically not yours until you pay for it. You seriously can’t wait until you buy it to start eating?
-people who argue with you about coupons not working. Customers are virtually always in the wrong, somehow they think they are more right than the system. Our manager will usually tell us to give them the discount anyway and I understand the businesss sense behind that but I still hate doing it
-hearing the same jokes over and over. Like when my lane is open “oh looks like you were waiting for me!” I heard this dozens of times almost every day
-people who leave their kids in the cart when I put the bags in, so I have to awkwardly place bags around the kid.

>> No.9625485

>restocking the self-service case with steaks/roasts/grinds/etc
>people reach over/push me out of the way and grab the new shit off the rack instead of out of the case

this is one of the most incensing things I have to deal with

>> No.9625489

>>9625481
>people who “forget” that items were on the bottom of their cart

>tfw I got soup, wondered where the hell it was when I got home, then realized that not only did I not pay for it, but I left it on the cart out in the parking lot

>> No.9625608

>clocking in
ugh

>> No.9625620

Why the fuck do people get so nerve racked about donating? Just say fucking no. The cashier isn't going to give a single shit, they just want to do their job, get paid and get you out of there as fast as possible.

>> No.9625638

>>9621574
I walked into a Dollar General about an hour ago to get some last minute candy just in case little shits knock on my door. The lady in front of me was handing the cashier ziplock bags of coins. Maybe they were each a dollar? I couldn't really tell, but she walked off before the guy was done counting. He looked stressed and just sat the bags down. "Hello, how are you..."
>I'm fine, you?
"You know how it is..."
>Yep... I do. Have a good one man.
Awkward but I hope his Halloween improves.

>> No.9625644

>counters have atleast 8+ people lined up with full carts each and the queue keeps extending.
>only 3 of 18 counters were open.
>all registers are actually on and clerks are just chatting on their booth or whatever.

>> No.9625645

>>9625620
most people just say "I already donated" even if I know they are straight up lying.

>> No.9625651

>>9625645
>Why not donate again it can't hurt :)

>> No.9625657

>>9621839
Pushing carts was my favorite thing to do when I was a bagboy at 23. It got me away from my coworkers, supervisor and most importantly all the customers. Anxiety sucks. One night I was working late and my mom came in for something, she stole a fucking cart for at home. I still don't know why exactly, but it definitely gets used.

>> No.9625659

>go to withdraw $350 in cash back at the register for rent
>the bitch gives me a hard time.
REEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.9625666

>>9621601
I once went to Petland and they had a charity running for a kid with autism.

>> No.9625678

>>9621999
I've found a Wal-Mart cart at a KFC. They're on opposite sides of the city.

>> No.9625686

>>9625257
t. underage, never been employed

>> No.9625687

>>9625666
How much did you make?

>> No.9625700

As a bagger, I hate it when a cashier scans items ridiculously fast with no particular order, and thinks they are impressing anyone. All they end up doing is smashing the customers groceries. There is a pace that most good cashiers go at where the bagger and themselves can work harmoniously and efficiently.

>> No.9625707
File: 6 KB, 291x173, 1509249105655.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9625194
You mad I get 20-25 delivering expensive pizza to rich people and smoking weed in my car?

>> No.9625718

>>9625686
I tell customers to fuck off literally every day
(those words "fuck off" I work at a hotel in the hood though)

>> No.9625809

>>9625659
use an ATM you stupid fuck

>> No.9625814

>>9625651
no one says that, all they have to do is offer it and when they say that it's over.

>> No.9625837

>>9625814
when they get a bonus/incentive for doing it they do

>> No.9625858

Well, it's not grocery stores, but I used to work at a Tim Horton's and we'd get people who would reach behind the counter for shit all the time. We even had one guy would would grab a cup from the double cup stacks, reach behind the counter, turn on our taps and get water for himself but no one said anything because he was an every day regular who would come in multiple times. Fuck you, I don't want your dirty ass hands touching where I wash my hands and get other customers water.

Dude was a fucking asshole too.

>> No.9625867

>>9623486
boomers.

>> No.9625933

>>9621055
target is a fun place isn't it

>> No.9625960

>>9625858
my FAVORITE thing when working at the bar is when people think I'm not watching and the reach into the fruit tray with their grubby hands and snatch a cherry, olive, or orange slice.

Its like just fucking ask if you really want it and don't be worse than a fucking child.

>> No.9625968

>>9625214
I see you

>> No.9625983

I hate it when I enter an empty aisle
and the moment I enter it, suddenly everybody decides they wanna go into that aisle too

>> No.9625992

>>9625983
every other person is thinking the exact same thing smart one

>> No.9626011

>>9620383
I fucking hate when people in /ck/ related videos are all slow/gentle, like they toss salad by gently flicking the topmost greens with a spoon, or they do a piss pore job 'spreading' potatoes into a casserole dish by gently patting them, etc.

Not necessarily a grocery peeve, but a peeve in general, I just can't be bothered to make a new thread.

Video related:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WhkyuAArgug

>> No.9626061

>>9625188
Why would I complain about gen x bros? They're pretty chill. No, I complain about the 80 IQ fuck who dropped out of high school, got a job in the shop that paid $30 an hour and retired at 50 with a fat pension. Now he spends his days drinking beer, blowing money on scratch offs and complaining that kids these days just need to pull on their boot straps a little harder.
Boomer genocide when?

>> No.9626270
File: 912 KB, 240x176, 1480277873320.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9620383
>UH EXCUSE ME IS THIS BACON GLUTEN-FREE?
>it's a soccer mom who just watched to some kind of news special
These people are so fucking annoying.

>> No.9626370

>Hello can I please have some sirloin steak
Yes, We have sirloin tip and sirloin top steak which would you like?
>Oh I just need some regular sirloin steak
Tip or Top sirloin steaks should be able to serve that purpose, sir. What are you using it for?
> *scoffs* I just need some regular sirloin steak
Sir, I have no basis for what you deem as a regular sirloin steak, can you please describe it.
>*sweating profusely* I just need some regular old sirloin steak

Go back to the guys in the meat room and explain the situation, they dont know what the fuck this guy is talking about
"The fucks a regular sirloin steak"

Finally, the guy leave but not before making an off-hand remark about the intelligence of our meat department

>> No.9626605

>>9621980
What about the moment that you become a customer?

>> No.9626631

>>9625687
kek

>> No.9626640

>>9625686
This
You have the right, But if you do you better have a damn good reason and if you stick out you will get hammered

>> No.9626645

>>9626370
meat department homie?

Yo you clean ? that shit takes forever i close 7 days a week and i want to die

>> No.9626654

>>9625700
i worked at a place where we rarely had baggers , fucking garbage safeway . I was known as the fastest cashier and I would ring fast but with order of things that fit nicely together and would turn to help the bagger finish up while the customer was doing payment

>> No.9626655

>>9620491
>Remember the guy deciding prices makes no more money if they sell better.

by god, marx was right

>> No.9626659

>>9621839
holy shit that's a big fucking mcdonalds

>> No.9626664

>>9625814
my cunt of a manager at chevron would do this. and I had countless customers complain about her guilting them . I'd ask very simply and move the process right along and she would give me shit stupid fucking cunt i hope she gets fired at whatever job

>> No.9626681

>>9625205
FUCKKK . WE LITTERALY TAPED THE DOORS SHUT
DUMB FUCKING WHITE GIRL CUNTS OPEN THE DOOR TO GET THE ICE CREAM.
I looked at them and had to feign being apologetic when inside i wanted to dickslap them
fucking "but i came all this wayy -"
there were fucking signs everywhere and the doors were tarped of course they wouldn't offer to take it back
white women are entitled as fuck

>> No.9626691

>>9625481
speaking as another cashier, yeah those bags need some light structure ive seen customers use duct tape its pretty nifty . You have to open it and pop its sides out.

>> No.9626697

>>9624347
heh.
>be stocking shit
>have a methodic sequence for everything from opening and emptying the box and puting the items on the shelf
>they always either take shit from your hands and fuck up your sequence or take it from the reposition trolley and leave a mess of mangled boxes and loose shit that you need to pick one by one
I know it seems rude to them to take shit after I put it on the shelf but god dammit just ask me or something

>> No.9626700
File: 23 KB, 407x221, when I spot my hyvee bro.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9622864

>> No.9626708
File: 2.00 MB, 352x317, 1499170792919.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ITT: little bitches and retards

>> No.9626717

>>9623563
Because they literally don't give a shit

>At a 24 hour Safeway at 2am
>Get in line at the one register
>Suspicious as fuck dude clearly tweaking out gets in line behind me, puts down some shit on the belt.
>As I'm getting rang up, he says he forgot something and runs off
>Goes over to the drink display near the front of the store, grabs two cases of red bull and bolts out the door
>Cashier hands me my receipt.
>"Uh, that guy just stole some red bulls."
>Cashier just sighs, grabs the guys shit off the belt and puts it behind the counter

>> No.9626723

>>9622998
as a K I hate this too. some of the stuff is just rediculous to buy in bulk

>> No.9626753

>>9621839
This is every time I go to Target

>> No.9626760

>>9621670
Your register isles must be pretty wide or you're very tall with unusually long arms to reach over the handle and into the front of the cart.

>> No.9626796

>>9626659
kek. yes, McDonald's inside a walmart dummy

>> No.9626811

>>9624347
I don't really mind if they do that.Stocking frozen stuff though, I don't know why they would prefer the stuff that's been at room temperature.

>> No.9626818
File: 25 KB, 240x179, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9626760
>isles

>> No.9626826

>>9622086
>Guy obviously did it himself
Reminds me of something that happened with a co-worker
>used to work at store with a mother/daughter couponer pair
>the two of them had six store cards between them and were a huge pain in the ass to deal with
>co-worker gave them two rainchecks for Arizona drinks that had been on sale
>when they came back they wrote on the rainchecks with the wrong color pen
>rain check limit was for 6 and they tried to rewrite it as 26 each, thinking no one would notice

>> No.9626837

People taking on cell phones while making a transaction with the clerk. Completely ignoring them, sometimes even snatching the receipt out of the clerks hand or just ignoring it and walking away.

I always find it to be the most self centered shit a person can do at checkout. At least try to have some fucking manners.

>> No.9626842

>>9623041
Or some church group for whatever event.
>Taking donations for church youth trip
Don't they collect in church? Don't these kids have parents? Why beg random strangers to fund your activities?

>> No.9626861

>>9626818
>his grocery store isn't categorized into isolated mountainous land masses that can only be reached by boat or helicopter
kek what a fucking pleb, must suck being poor

>> No.9626891

>>9625960
Just reminded me of one instance at my old job.

>be me
>server at cocktail bar
>1:57AM (last call is 1:45 and no alcohol sales after 2)
>cleaning the bar while manager is counting the till since it was dead
>three drunk guys come in
>try to order shots
>'sorry guys, we did last call already'
>'yeah but if you hook us up we'll give you a solid tip' ;) while one guy shows me his phone with the current time at 1:59
>'sorry, but that could cause us to lose our liquor license or be shut down'
>'bullshit! if X were here he would, he does it all the time! is he in?'
>nope.jpg
>they stumble out cursing up a storm
>ask X the next time I see him
>'oh yeah they were pissed, good call though'

>> No.9627009
File: 10 KB, 235x214, 1505699816875.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9626818
you fucks don't get it. isles means a chain of islands.. aisles is the correct term

>> No.9627089

>Customers think that by getting shit from the back/bottom of the aisle means they'll be getting newer stuff
>They think I actually care enough to do that shit and don't just stuff the aisles as quickly as possible

really

>> No.9627227

>>9620508

My local grocery has two lines, but the second is rarely open.

The most I've ever seen in line was 4 people, including myself.

>> No.9627328

>>9625090
Or maybe he thought he was doing a regular customer a favor, you slobbering retard

>> No.9627331

>>9627227
I remember back in the day, if there were four people in front of you and they didn't open another lane, you got a coupon for a free thing of icecream

>> No.9627378

>>9626708
>t. frequently aforementioned boomer

>> No.9627469 [DELETED] 

>>9623681
>bagger
is this one of the "jobs" trump created?

>> No.9627530

>>9623668
Used to get same old prob homeless drunk in buying a bottle of own brand whisky stinking of piss first thing every morning

>> No.9627575

>>9625858
Why is it that the most regular customers are always the biggest assholes? In the pub/restaurant I work at I think 90%+ of the really super regular customers have stupid special ways to order, aren't particularly nice and are not to give some new girl a load of shit for not magically knowing their weird extra without them mentioning it

>> No.9627583

>>9626270
>people who say they are allergic to dairy when they just don't like cheese
fuck you

>> No.9627589

I hate it when items are in stupid locations. I wonder if it's done on purpose to make you waste time looking at things you don't need.

>> No.9627594

>>9626723
fuck off skinjob

>> No.9627615

>>9621059
Why do you hate self checkout? It's a godsend for autists like me. Interacting with cashiers is awful.

>> No.9627647

>>9627575
They seem to feel entitled to behave however they want because they go in a lot and spend their money there.

>> No.9627659

>>9627469
>he is so third world that he doesn't even have a class of peasants lower than himself to bag his groceries for him
>probably pays for his bags too
In the civilized world, it has been a thing for decades.

>> No.9627660

>>9627469
Baggers have existed as long as the modern grocery store has. But yeah trump has probably been the cause of some people getting hired as baggers.

>> No.9627676

>>9627647
There's something to that, but people get too comfortable and push it too far sometimes

>> No.9627697

>>9627089
>the customers think i actually handle product with care

overnight shifts leave me way too tired to give a shit about how i treat the product unless its glass lmao

>> No.9627729

>>9623393
If you can't pick it up with one hand, leave it in the cart.

>> No.9627810

>>9620449
>> being guilt tripped into donating a dollar towards a disaster relief, only to realize I’m paying with EBT and having to fish a real dollar out of my wallet
This is bait, right?

>> No.9627863

>be cashier
>something doesn't scan
>duuuurrrrrr I guess it's free

I HEAR THIS 10 TIMES A DAY STOP YOU AREN'T UNIQUE AND IT ISN'T FUNNY.

>> No.9627884

>>9625154
I agree with this. Im not gonna inconvenience myself with an item that is almost due for the sake of the store.

>> No.9627925

Almost raged today at my 2nd "customer" of the day.
>Get to work.
>Open new register.
>First customer(very nice) pays with cash.
>MFW I have no cash.
>Tell 2nd customer (who just started laying out items) there is problem.
>Suggest he use another register.

This dude got so fucking mad. Accused me of wasting his time. Keeps asking why light was on if not taking customers. Reports me to my car. Whole time treating me like some retard.
I just stopped talking to him. Would have raged otherwise.

>> No.9627973

>>9625427
Almost always its just typing it in and hitting a button. Either they're lazy as fuck or don't know how to do it, most likely the latter.

>> No.9628041

>>9621547
I don't give a shit as long as you put it back in order if you decide to put it back. I fucking hate rotations more than anything in the world

>> No.9628071

>>9625205
>refrigeration goes down
>whoops better not sell any of this meat that will spoil without refrigeration

>> No.9628084
File: 82 KB, 255x250, help.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>all grocery stores have the best prices/quality of a certain food

>no one store with the best everything

>> No.9628101

>>9622221
>why is it so expensive
Fucking this.
I'm just a fucking clerk you shit hell if I know. If you didn't like the price then don't fucking buy it and quit bitching. I can't change it because you don't like it.
My word that rattles me to my core. There's nothing I can do about it.

>> No.9628102

>>9623486
pathological liar or Munchhausen syndrome

>> No.9628127

>>9623660
Just go during off hours.

>> No.9628130

>>9623149
>not saying Oh hi. Oh, I'm from Ohio.

>> No.9628131

>>9628101
its crazy how lenient the place i work at is

in a lot of cases, if someone is unsure about buying something, i can just give them the whole fucking thing as a sample

>> No.9628153

>read this whole thread
is all of burgerland full of retards and autists? holy shit.

also
>getting guilt tripped into donating for some bogus charity
>still going to that supermarket
you people are tools

>> No.9628253

>>9628153
There are retards in every country
4chan is in english so a lot more retards stories come from people in America

>> No.9628338

>>9628253
I've never seen the level of autism described ITT at my supermarket.

>> No.9628388

>>9626370
Had a lady bring a package of ground beef back.
>uh excuse me
>there was a bone in my ground beef
>she holds up a fucking pebble the size of a fingernail
>me and the other guy looking at each other and laugh
>tell her shes full of shit and not getting a free pack
>she starts sperging out and screaming
>store manager comes back
>makes us give it to her anyway
Fucking hilarious. It's not even physically possible for something that big to fit through the meat grinder.

>> No.9628577

>>9620383
>YOU FUCKING LIAR I USE MY EBT CASH TO BUY CIGARETTES ALL THE TIME, EVERYWHERE I GO INCLUDING HERE! I'VE DONE IT BEFORE, ARE YOU CALLING ME A FUCKING LIAR?!?!? THIS IS BULLSHIT, IT'S NOT FOOD SIDE, NOOO, I SAID CASH SIDE YOU IDIOT, NOT FOOD SIDE, IT'S CASH! IT'S CASH I CAN USE CASH FOR WHATEVER I WANT! THEY TOLD ME THAT AT THE OFFICE WHEN I GOT IT! FUCK YOU, THIS IS BULLSHIT!
Ah, my mistake, ma'am. I'll sit the register down and nicely have a chat with it about how your personal experiences as a strong empowered woman are far more important than state and federal laws and can it please stop popping up that "EBT cannot be used as tender for restricted products" thing and just process that transaction? After all, computers tend to react positively to conversations, and I don't care at all if I lose my job or get a criminal charge so you can continue to starve your kid and spend all of my tax money on carbonated sugarwater and cancer sticks instead. Oh, I am so sorry I couldn't oblige you. Don't trip and split your dumb fucking head open on your lumbering way out, that would be a loss to all mankind.
>>9620409
If it's a chain, it's that most/all markdowns are handed down from regional or district based on overall regional or district sales, since they all have the same expiration date. It is even dumber than it intuitively seems. If you want to know of something even dumber than that, look up "just-in-time shipping" and really, really think about it.

>> No.9628611

>Worked at a Toys R Us over winter break first year of college
>Some toy, I think a nerf gun, had the price clearly indicated beneath the item on the shelf
>Some woman comes up with a random price sticker on it that was clearly below. Might have been put there by her on some other item, might have fallen on there or got on there by accident
>Gets incredibly pissy and starts yelling at the top of her lungs when I ring it up at the correct price via bar code, saying things like we can't advertise a lower price when it was some unknown sticker
The idiocy and arrogance of people is astounding.

>> No.9628752

>>9628338
My friend used to work at a grocery store and the unholy things people did are hilarious to me, and infuriating to them. You don't see the worst because unless you are doing the autism described ITT someone cleans it up almost immediately

>> No.9629111

>>9627089
I just want milk with a later sell by date dude, fuck off

>> No.9629123

>>9629111
That's understandable, but people do that shit with literally everything. My aunt asks the butcher if they have extra not in the case because she thinks it'll be safer to eat or some shit.

>> No.9629202

>>9628611
I used to swap stickers at a store. it works as long as they don't have a Barcode system. just see if the place punches numbers that they see on the item. it's rare to see those kind of registers though.

>> No.9629467

>>9625638
Hey at least it is a dollar each, not something like those fucking five cents

>> No.9629480

>>9629111
UnDerStaNdaBle hAvE a NiCedAy

>> No.9629567

>>9627659
>In the civilized world, it has been a thing for decades

i dont think a world is civilized when you have to create a usless fuckin job just to employ one of the many local retards.
Why not pack your items while the chashier is scanning them?

>> No.9629909

>>9629567
It's often used to employ literal retards. It allowed many to live independent tard lives until the general cost of living in the US increased to much to make living as an independent adult down syndrome possible.

>> No.9629915

>>9629909
why not elimated the tards and use the money spent on them on usefullthings.

>> No.9630324

>>9628611
>working toys r us during christmas season
Im sorry anon, ive felt your pain, it is imense

>> No.9630346
File: 46 KB, 480x480, ! 1509456828076.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9620383

>> No.9630364
File: 91 KB, 960x599, - 15665816_1244152428973700_4831601656634048374_n -.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9620383