[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 263 KB, 1080x880, 1504227228635.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9405819 No.9405819 [Reply] [Original]

Hey co/ck/s I have a half baked plan and I need your help to finish it. The idea is to end up with chicken in a nice mushroom onion & garlic sauce.

I'm going to salt & pepper some chicken thighs, pan fry them, remove them and sauté some chopped mushroom, onion and garlic. Then do I deglaze with wine or chicken stock or just water? And how and when do I add the flour to thicken it?

>> No.9405962

/ck/ pls

>> No.9405968

Also at what stage do I add the chicken back to the pan?

>> No.9405983

Flour on onions and mushrooms after they cook

>> No.9406005

>>9405819
Add flour in with your mushroom mixture. Consider adding butter or more oil for the roux your about to make. Cook for a few minutes to get rid of flour taste. Add cold broth in small additions to prevent lumps.

>> No.9406046

>>9406005
after you take the chicken out of the pan deglaze with white wine, then do what this guy said, keeping the sauce smooth.

I would finish the thighs in the oven and pour the perfected sauce back onto them when you plate it. this way you won't soggify the crispiness of the skin you achieved in the pan by soaking that shit in sauce beforehand

>> No.9406048

>>9406005
Thanks a tonne man.

>> No.9406250

>>9406046
Don't I need to sauté down the mushrooms for a while to get that tasty mushroom flavour or will I get the same flavour cooking them in liquid?

>> No.9408041

>>9405819
>Rip /cock/
>I still miss you

>> No.9408068

Any deglazing option is fine, really. I'd probably go for chicken stock or water because wine will add another flavor into the mix and you might not want that since you're trying to focus on making a mushroom/onion/garlic sauce. If you do use wine, go with a wine that's drinkable.

Caramelize the mushrooms and onions first then add the garlic later or the garlic will burn. If you plan on finishing in the oven then you can quarter the mushrooms and cut the onions a bit bigger, saute them, add chicken back to the pan and roast until everything is done. If you don't want to finish in the oven, slice mushrooms and onions instead. Once everything is ready, plate it up, either deglaze and reduce or add flour and cook the roux a bit before adding in the liquid depending on what kind of sauce you want. In any case, you can finish with a bit of butter for richness.

>> No.9408075

>>9405819
I got banned for posting this image in the middle of a thread.

>> No.9408490

>>9408075
I'm too much of a sick cunt for the faggot tranny mods to ban me. Also the pic is food related so you should complain to hiroshimoot and get the fuckwits fired.