[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 403 KB, 1600x1067, 1498321759032.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9194585 No.9194585 [Reply] [Original]

What's the best way to make a burger made from "grocery store ground beef" (e.g. not a specified cut) good?
Shit comes out bland as fuck if you don't dump shit on it but I haven't been able to figure out a good seasoning mixture or something to mix into the patty itself.

>> No.9194604

Smoked Spanish paprika usually does the trick for me

>> No.9194728

>salt, pepper, lemon (but not too much)

Done

>> No.9194744

Soy sauce, a couple of eggs, raisins, splash of mt dew, diced red peppers, olives, mushrooms, and juice from anchovies with capers

>> No.9194749

i like 85/15 ground beef. do not season until after its cooked, as salt messes with the proteins.

mayo on top bun, catsup and mustard on bottom bun

instead of making thick burgers, make thinner patties and make a double cheeseburger. texture will be better than a thick burger.

>> No.9195019

>>9194585
Don't listen to these faggots. It's very simple.

>salt
>pepper
>garlic powder
>onion powder

Cook them to medium. You're welcome.

>> No.9195055

if you have shit meat, you have shit meat. everyone is going to have their own preference for what they like best seasoning wise. I think a universal truth for shitty meat will be: more salt the better it will taste. See every processed low quality food ever. I have a pack of burger meat just like this in my freezer, I didn't even finish eating the part I cooked off...it was just bland and had a chewy gristley texture.