[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 119 KB, 667x444, HawaiianPizzaTitle-667x444.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8712602 No.8712602 [Reply] [Original]

so, approving/hating pineapple on pizza has become sort of a meme-subject. what's interesting to me is that i've realized there are two distinct groups that hate the pineapple, for very different reasons.

1. people who are traditionalists about pizza, usually east-coasters. there's nothing too wrong with this.

2. people whose palate just can't fucking comprehend contrasting flavors. these are the people who order their $12 five guys burger with no topping but ketchup and often can't handle anything spicy or pickled. usually from the midwest. everything is wrong with this.

>> No.8714365

>>8712602
>It's an OP is a faggot thread

>> No.8714392
File: 284 KB, 750x640, IMG_7645.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8712602
>people who are traditionalists about pizza, usually east-coasters. there's nothing too wrong with this.
>people whose palate just can't fucking comprehend contrasting flavors. these are the people who order their $12 five guys burger

>> No.8714399

>duh me eat sweet with salt
>duh me refined

you're just a fucking neanderthal with no concept of courses

>> No.8714563

I don't care too much but ive noticed that it's equivalent to some other things
the same people also by far favor sticking with chicken parmesan at italian places & rarely order variety, regardless of the place
they favor "safe" options, don't venture into random choices, heavily favor soda as opposed to other drinks, "gross" is. valid reason not to eat other dishes that most people consider normal, & a lot of them aren't big fans of vegetables

basically they're basic bitches

>> No.8714570

>>8712602
>2. people whose palate just can't fucking comprehend contrasting flavors. these are the people who order their $12 five guys burger with no topping but ketchup and often can't handle anything spicy or pickled. usually from the midwest. everything is wrong with this.
im literally this person except i like spicy food and i like pineapple on pizza. and im autistic

>> No.8714581

>>8712602
There is a third group your forgetting. Some people are put off by the texture of the pineapple and the way it tends to make the pizza kinda soggy and gross.