[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 147 KB, 1600x1600, xttKvkX.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8612527 No.8612527 [Reply] [Original]

So, I made curry for my wife the other day.
I'm not a huge fan but she is, so I googled some recipe, found something that looked decent, and I made it, I'm more than decent at cooking.
Came out pretty ok, the meat & mushrooms fried well but didn't take in too much oil, veggies didn't get too soft, crunchy and nice, sauce tasted good, not tospicy, not too much coconut milk, if you know what I mean...

The thing is, when I was done, she said she's not gona eat it with rice, but with pearl barley, because we had some leftovers from the day before, and she didn't want to waste it.

I was like "WTF woman! This is HERESY! Pearl barley is for, like, European food, for goulash or some beef in tomato sauce, or whatever, not for curry!"

"No, no, I'll eat it with pearl barley, it's no difference."

"At least eat it with noodles if you don't feel like rice, we have some rice noodles, I can have them done in a second.."

But she insisted like women do, and ate it with pearl barley.

So, my question is:
What's the best way to get rid of a body?

>> No.8612581

Keke'd

>> No.8612608

>>8612527
As funny as this is, there is nothing wrong at all with substituting grains in curry, because it has no bearing on the spices used. Even the concept of 'authentic' curry is laughable because everyone and their mother has had a go at it at some point.

>> No.8612631

racist

>> No.8612663

>>8612631
W
H
A
T

>> No.8612692

>women
Not even once.