[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.94 MB, 255x172, 4.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8310909 No.8310909 [Reply] [Original]

For me it's Italy: rich in variety and tasty as fuck, but still light, healthy and down-home.

pic not related

>> No.8310949

>>8310909
Any country with a large street food scene, which I guess includes america because food trucks and stuff > Countries that commonly have restaurants which includes but isn't limited to italy, france, mexico, jamaica/carribean, ethiopia/eritria, indian/kebab > fringe exotic countries/areas like polynesia and northern europe > countries that are known for their lack of food such as Ireland, and most of africa, western europe/russia

Also, can someone settle an argument for me
My sister once got mad because I said that a bunch of central american/southern american cuisines taste similar because they have a bunch of ingredients/recipes in common
Like, she couldn't prove me wrong and she asked a friend who I think was from ecuador who also couldn't really prove me wrong (because everything she listed I could find at a couple different restarurants across the city belonging to different nations)

>> No.8310954

>>8310949
Also, personally I'd go with either Chinese food or Japanese food
Simply because there's a lot of really healthy nutritious good food out there all while being centered around rice or soup

>> No.8310962
File: 129 KB, 1066x1600, churumuri.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8310949
Some Indian classic street food that I like

1) Churumuri. This one originates from South India. It's just puffed rice tossed with some chopped tomatoes/onions/carrot, cilantro, a ton of spices, lime juice. If you make it at home make sure to plate it like pic related as is usually done, with today's newspaper.

2) Vada pav, like a spicy potato slider. http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/vada-pav-how-to-make-wada-pav/

3) Dahi puri. This one is great to make for girls, so many flavors in each bite. Picture in next post.

>> No.8310964
File: 115 KB, 1280x719, dahi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8310962

>> No.8310978

>>8310949
argentinian food is pretty different, it's like italian with a bit of spanish influence

peruvian food is also very different, especially in the mountains since they have to adapt, corn, quinoa, lentil soups, guinea pig

>>8310954
>Tfw literally hate all chinese food i've tried
I don't get it, there is no flavor at all. I had mapo tofu today and sure, it was spicy, but really it was a very bland and boring dish. This was at a pretty fancy place too. do you have any suggestions? it also might be that i'm vegetarian and the meat is critical, idk

in chinatown new york I had 'fried shredded shitake mushroom' which was decent. but still just average

>> No.8310982

>>8310909
For me it is the McChicken the best fast food sandwich

>> No.8310988
File: 179 KB, 724x877, 2016-11-26-022302_724x877_scrot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8310962
speaking of which, if you ever find yourself in yadavagiri district of mysore, karnataka, I recommend gup chup - it's a tiny place that I used to go with my family all the time.

cheluvamba park is also great, they have a nice playground

>> No.8310990

Britain.

Undefeated in the realm of deserts, savory pies and meat preparations.

>> No.8310993

>>8310990
>deserts
Not many of them in Britain, anon.

>> No.8310994

>>8310978
I dunno man, for chinese food, it's mostly about your senses, just eat what looks good/smells good
If you don't like the panda express stuff, there's a huge chance you'd never like any of the food that panda is based on
It's okay to not like chinese food, "authentic" stuff is over hyped anyway
I'd say my favorite dishes are Peking Duck, szechuan style anything, salt and pepper seafood, and anything heavy on garlic like jiaozi (gyoza)

>> No.8310996

>>8310978
>argentinian food is pretty different, it's like italian with a bit of spanish influence
>peruvian food is also very different, especially in the mountains since they have to adapt, corn, quinoa, lentil soups, guinea pig
I can kinda understand argentinian food being different, but if you tell me it's similar to spanish food that doesn't really mean much to me
and there are tons of ingredients that are common in peru that are common in other areas
I mean corn, quinoa, and lentils are everywhere in southern america
Guinea Pigs are very different, but I'm just not convinced that the styles and cuisines are all that different

I'm probably just being stubborn

>> No.8311008

>>8310996
yeah I just posted what I encountered when I was there

what I meant about peru is I didn't see anything like burritos, tacos, quesadillas, fajitas, etc. my mexican food knowledge is just from growing up in san diego and I don't know anything else about south america, so there's that.

>> No.8311110

For me it's spanish food because I like it the best.

>> No.8311146

>>8310994
It is impossible to hate szechuan style anything, unless you can't handle spicy foods for some reason

>> No.8311157

DEFINITELY NOT AMERIFAT. AMERILARDS HAVE THE ABSOLUTE WORST """"""""""""""""""""FOOD""""""""""""""""""""" IN EXISTENCE!!!!!!!