[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 585 KB, 4000x2678, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8153678 No.8153678 [Reply] [Original]

We need to do more about issue of homeless getting food in this country
It is sad when people can't eat some food
Why can't they get some food

>> No.8153694

>>8153678
because america is a shitty place

>> No.8153718

>>8153678
They must be eating something if they're not dead yet. I think America is doing a good enough job of the homeless and jobless can survive off of the crumbs of capitalism.

Quick reminder that there are people in Africa literally starving to death and looking like corpses. If someone in America looks like a corpse, it probably had something to do with meth.

>> No.8153721

There are plenty of resources that homeless people can take advantage of.

Problem is...homeless shelters won't let you shoot up heroin or get drunk, and most homeless would choose getting fucked up over a warm meal and a bed any day of the week.

>> No.8153735
File: 8 KB, 149x163, 1474952288411.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8153678
Look at that fat dindu bitch in the back and tell me she can't miss a meal or four. If anything, finding labor for them is more important. Reward them with designated sleeping areas and a shower.

>>8153718
And those motherfuckers in Afrikuh can starve to fucking death and eat each other all day. They tried kicking the white man out and taxing the shit out of them, only to realize white people were the one thing keeping the shit hole afloat, much like Hawaii and the military. So no, fuck them. Let them eat their rat turd risotto and marinate in their mistake of pushing out the one people keeping them alive.

>> No.8153753

How do the homeless people cut their finger nails and get haircuts and stuff like that? I don't mean showering or brushing their teeth or using deodorant but like cutting their nails and getting haircuts specifically because I see a lot with short hair and trimmed nails.

>> No.8153757

>>8153735
I think you misread my post, jethro. I don't give a dick about Africa. I just pointed out that the homeless situation in a first world country is way better than any situation in the fucked up parts of Africa.

And also, I don't care about white people in Africa. That's gross.

>> No.8153758

>>8153678
In Germany they currently want to change some laws because for health safety reason supermarkets cant give their stuff to soup kitchen if the expiration date is too close (the reason they throw away tons of food)

>> No.8153760

>>8153753
Depends. Most homeless people will come across some money one way or another. The ones who truly want to thrive will buy the basics, like fingernail clippers and a cheap hair clipper set and use it in a park bathroom, or wherever they can find an outlet. Sometimes they'll borrow these basics from another homeless person.

Most of them build a sense of community with each other.

>> No.8153767

>>8153753
they bite their nails and find someone with a pair of scissors.

>> No.8153776

>>8153757
No, I don't think I misread anything at all. Why state the obvious of "poor people in a first world country are better off than poor people living in a shit hole" if not to make some sort of faggot point that others have it worse off. You know they eat fecal matter and one another? Because they fucking choose to. They're a barbaric lot literally stuck in the fucking past and refuse to have other races come live in their land, until their sucking the sweat off each others toes for nourishment, then everyone's welcome.

Shut the fuck up. OP was talking about American hobos.

>> No.8153798

>>8153776
I don't care of others have it worse off. Fuck Africa.

But I'm not going to feel bad for the homeless here in America. They're practically fucking thriving. The worse thing about being homeless in America is the stigma and the embarassment. That's it. Once you get past that, it's real easy to survive and thrive. There are food programs that give shit away, and welfare/ ebt.

Don't worry about the homeless. They're doing alright. If anything, we need to get homeless kids away from their homeless parents long enough for the parents to get their shit together unimpeded, and the kids to grow up in a mentally healthy environment until then. That's our only homeless problem.

>> No.8153803

>>8153798
Well, good then. I'm glad we see eye to eye. Fucking carry on.

>> No.8154168

Because most usually spend it on drugs and booze.

Also welfare in my country (Canada) is fucking shit and only really applies to those who don't even have a job, I had little to no savings, a 40 hour burger flipping job and lived in a fucking boarding house and the welfare services said I was "well enough off."
Are they fucking serious? Some faggot Mudslime can come here, have 12 kids and have a fuck ton of money and a job and get bennies but I can't get shit while I was born here? Honestly fuck welfare it's designed to keep the poverty class in poverty.

>> No.8154584

>>8153803
Didn't realize until now that you can type with a southern accent.

>> No.8154619

>>8153678
>cuckeyes fan
Good riddance

>> No.8154630

>>8153798
>If anything, we need to get homeless kids away from their homeless parents long enough for the parents to get their shit together unimpeded, and the kids to grow up in a mentally healthy environment until then. That's our only homeless problem.

Smart words desu

>> No.8154634

>>8153678
My father has been homeless a lot in Denver and he's said you can eat pretty fucking well (3+ meals a day) between all of the shelters and churches. I'm sure it's the same other places, you just have to actually get on a schedule and go there instead of getting fucked up all day

>> No.8154642

>>8153678
While slactavists cry about these things on the Internet Christians have been feeding the homeless for centuries, even in America.

All edginess aside, fuck the homeless.

I used to give them food out of my lunch because I know what they will do with a dollar.
That was until I noticed a popular beggars corner was covered with rotten fruit, in opened water bottles and other random trash.
Half them don't want food, they want beer. If they are starving it's because they choose to starve

When I stop at a light and see a bum get something from 2 or 3 vehicles I am literally sick to my stomach knowing he could have just made 3 tax free dollars in the minute it took the light to change.

Maybe if Winnipeg wasn't so full of beggars I'd be a little more sympathetic but frankly I wish they'd all starve to death (or die a quicker less painful death of they prefer), either way having them removed from society would be the only positive contribution to society they might ever make

>> No.8154650

>>8153721
You don't know the first fucking thing about homelessness, do you?

>> No.8154661

Fuck homeless people, especially the young transient shits. The mentally ill ones deserve help, but the junkies and ones who won't work can rot.

t.edgy alcoholic

>> No.8154693

I've worked with the homeless and in my experience the vast majority are homeless buy choice. Very few of them are homeless as a result of disability and they all get money from the government and free healthcare. There is no reason anyone in America should starve to death and I'm pretty sure no one does.

>> No.8154700
File: 53 KB, 604x604, 1447819182523.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw supermarkets throw perfectly fine/slightly stale food into dumpsters and then get pissy when hobos try to eat it

Why don't they just donate the unsellable stuff to food banks and shelters?

>> No.8154706

>>8153678
Actually, if you're trully hungry with no resouces and have a partially functioning brain, you could simply raid grocery store and restaraunt dumpsters. In fact, you could easily get enough to trade other homeless people for swigs of sterno, aftershave or port.

What we really need to do something about is food waste.

>> No.8154710

>>8153753
Its not uncommon for homeless people to travel with toiletries and hygiene supplies. I worked security at a detox center that was mostly used as a shelter for the homeless. I had to check all their bags. They carry a lot of stuff and they often gather in groups. Likely there is always someone around to do haircuts. Also, they get paid by the government to be poor and some of them beg for change. They always have some amount of money for expenses if they aren't junkies.

>> No.8154716

>>8154700
Many of them do.

But there are also silly laws involved. I remember a big news story a few months ago: A professional chef volunteered her time and money to cook meals for the homeless. The police stopped her because the kitchen she used to cook the food was not inspected by the health department.

>> No.8154747

>>8153678
Fuck the homeless and fuck you

>> No.8154752

>>8153678
>It is sad when people can't eat some food

The government doesn't care.

>> No.8155172

>>8153721
Homeless shelters are basically a room and a microwave, and usually overcrowded as fuck.

>> No.8155281

>>8153678
Food? Those junkie scumbags ought to get a bullet in the head.

>> No.8155307
File: 44 KB, 600x800, 1449505591948.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>own store
>instead of throw food away, give it to homeless
>some homeless dude says he gets sick, legit or not
>he has the legal right to sue you
>he wins because apparently the homeless are still human beings and not mentally disabled animals
>you go bankrupt paying his legal fees
>you lose your store
>meanwhile johhny hobo has thousands of dollars
>other homeless get word of this and try to get sick off of discarded food
>laws are passed that prevents this practice
>johnny hobo gets drunk and high all day until someone shanks him for his dosh

So the next time you decide to feed the homeless, remember that honest people lose their jobs, more government takes away your freedom, and hobos get stabbed.

>> No.8155311
File: 94 KB, 500x500, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8153678
"It is not enough that I should succeed, others must fail."

>> No.8155337

>>8154752
Nor should you. It's a doggy dog world out. Life is a diamond dozen.

>> No.8155345

>>8155172
Plus they aren't exactly in the best areas for begging or dumpster diving
There are cheap motels that let them rent a room a night but it's still more expensive than they can afford
That's why give them food not money people are retarded, homeless people don't starve, they freeze to death, they get sick and die. What good is a shelter when a single sick homeless people can get other 50 sick aswell?

>> No.8155357

I work at a catering company, and we throw away a ton of meat and cheese every weekend. My manager lets me box up a good amount of it, though, and I give it to the homeless people who camp out in the overpass on my drive home. They eat every scrap of it.

Last week, it was mostly roast and gouda.

I hope to slowly build a loyal hobo army.

>> No.8155364

>>8155307
Actually no, you are protected if it is charitable giving. Which means that stores have no possible recourse that can be taken under normal circumstances.

>> No.8155529

>>8155357
>I hope to slowly build a loyal hobo army
You will be better off than /k/ when SHTF

>> No.8155541

>>8153678
Most of the homeless are actually crazy and/or are homeless by choice

There are a fuckton of structures to help them that (you) get to pay for through your taxes

>> No.8155558

>>8153678
Most homeless are mentally ill or addicted to alcohol or drugs. This is why they can't hold down stable lives...it eventually ends when they fuck up their job due to lack of responsibility and lack of sufficient savings that make it past 2 paychecks of money. Once they get evicted once, they end up in a cycle of problems, at a time they have the least energy and self esteem.

Mentally ill, such as bipolar or schizophrenic sufferers have the added complication of thinking they don't need to be on medication always, and thus the cycle of job loss or lack of responsibility to keep a job.

I live in Florida. The homeless I see year after year after year are snobirds. They are only here when it's too cold back home. Yes, they travel with the seasons. They don't live outside, but must group-house somewhere near the intersections they beg at all day. I see amputees wearing military fatigues in his little wheelchair, and with the toes missing on the other foot, I'm going to speculate it's not a war injury but diabetes. Another guy is a former postal worker who has no nose. Lost it to skin cancer, likely, and wear a prosthesis, except when he's begging, where he looks a pitiful horror with this jack-o-latern style hole in the middle of his face. Then, I see them at Publix later buying convenience foods at the deli next to me, freshly showered, and beer!

Another segment of homeless have records that prevent them to live close to schools (sex offenders), and finding a home is impossible, legally speaking. So, they band together and live off the grid.

I'm going to tell you that there is medicaid that handles the poorest, ie free healthcare. The real suffering and hungry people are the poorest people in the US, single moms and their kids. Kids whose only meals are at school breakfast and lunch (free), are like 70-80% of most schools now. Donating to school food banks is a way to reach displaced kids who's mom got evicted.

>> No.8155561

>>8155357
Just start preaching some new-agey bullshit and I bet you can make your own little cult.

>> No.8155715

>>8155357
May I suggest Bukowski as your seer and prophet?

>> No.8155785

>>8155529
You're probably right. Thanks!

>>8155561
>>8155715
I thought about slowly adding a bag of books to my bag of expensive meat and cheese.

Suggestions?

>> No.8155787

>>8155785
Your cult propaganda

>> No.8155799

>>8155785
Give them fun books to win their trust , slowly mix in a book of capitalism or something. Wait a couple of years until one gets rich and helps You out instead , that is if they don't forget about you. Remember , homeless are children you need to get them attached to you then slowly manipulate them until you got them wearing imaginary collars with you the owner of the leash

>> No.8155808

>>8155785
Since Bukowski was literally an alcoholic bum in LA, I'd start with him. If they appreciate that, "Down and Out in Paris and London," by George Orwell would be excellent as well.

>> No.8157008

>>8154634
Storytime?

>> No.8157031
File: 556 KB, 962x1014, 1463759246322.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8153753
>haircuts - barber college
>nails - clippers from the liq

>>8153758
in the usa they sell that stuff to stores like dollar store, food 4 less, grocery outlet ect..
cheap stuff and a lot of it is gourmet level but close to expiration

>>8154634
homeless has levels, does he live in a residence hotel? collect benefits?

>>8154642
i saw the same in Montreal, but people are cooler there. homeless dude had better weed than me. make me kek

>>8154700
many places do. but there are liabilities for company donations especially perishables.

>>8155357
You could be the modern day L. Ron Hubbard.
Cultivate them to be your army.

>> No.8157032
File: 1.36 MB, 1128x1218, SteleofRevealing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think you have to look at the root problem and that is why do people become homeless?

I personally believe it is centered around greed. Most people are not satisfied with the bare minimum at all and in fact to have no backup resources is seriously frowned upon.

I understand that concept of reserves and having more "just in case" as it is a survival mechanism, however that concept gets radically warped when we look at those who should be drowning in their own excess.

You need shelter, food, water, friends, and some mode of transportation. There are many other necessities, however most people do not feel secure unless they have way more than what is needed.

I believe it comes down to trust. The fact that we trust in a system like money more than our neighbors, friends, and family is indicative of an exploit in human nature. We can't hope and pray that others will treat us nicely and take care of us, so instead we resort to making economics a very exact and extremely unforgiving game of which homeless people are the ultimate losers.

>> No.8157165

>>8157031
>homeless has levels, does he live in a residence hotel? collect benefits?
All levels. It's been going on his whole adult life. See next answer
>>8157008
He's schizophrenic, bi-polar, and an alcoholic. Just make up a story and it's probably happened.

>> No.8157193

>>8153678
As someone who spent a year of their life working in a homeless shelter. Nah. Fuck the entitled bastards. The ones who want to get out of their situation just need that push to get them going, they'll take care of the food themselves.

What we need is programs that help with that push. The rest can starve.

Fucking making me throw out 10 lbs of fucking tasty ass naan and curry because you won't touch the food an islamic cultural center brought to the shelter (if I wasn't in a tiny apartment that would have all been my food), constant keeping food in your locker so we get bugs ass, refusing to eat the church spaghetti because the last church also brought pasta mother fuckers.

I'm not done.

Getting up during dinner throwing away your plate and making a frozen pizza we were fucking saving in front OF THE FUCKNG CHURCH VOLUNTEERS lucky that wasn't my shift cunt bitch.

The fucking vegans.

Bitch get me cereal I'm in my 40's and don't know how to open a cupboard and expect you to do it for me because you set out cereal 4 months ago when the shelter's kitchen was being remodeled and I wasn't even fucking HERE.

I'm not drinking out the tap or anything in the fridge, can I have some water out of the employee water fountain even though I filed a formal grievance accusing you of pedophilia? No? Well I guess I'll just throw this mug down the hallway in front of my child to teach them a fucking lesson.

>> No.8157218

>>8155364
What if I purposely donate poisoned food

>> No.8157221

>>8155307
this, despite whatever 'protections' you think you have, you are always a target as a Rich Business Owner.

and, if you feed them they will linger and invite more over.

>> No.8157244

Tired of the homeless plague?

Vote Trump 2016

They will be gassed as fuck. No more homeless retards to worry about. Just gassed. Gone.

>> No.8157278

>>8155307
Most stores know they can't directly feed them but still separate the edible food from everything else in its own bag so homeless people can eat it and remain safe
I know subway dumps a ton of meatballs with sauce at the end of the day and hobbos wait around to get the fresh

>> No.8157282

>>8155357
Start cooking meth and use them as distribution

>> No.8157298

>>8155558
Single moms are 100% guilty of bringing kids to the world when you can get an abortion and even just a couple pills early on to take it away
Unless she is one of those women that an abortion could have killed or she was financially stable but then got poor (like 1% of them) fuck you it's your own fucking fault

>> No.8157299

>>8157278

>still separate the edible food from everything else

lol no they don't they throw everything away and put a lock on the dumpster

>> No.8157320

>>8157299
That's just McDonalds and that's because hordes of homeless people used to surround the restaurants waiting for the trash driving costumers away

>> No.8157328

>>8155307
Reminder that this has never done any of this, nor did any of it ever happen.

When you feed a hungry homeless person their face shines and "suing" you in their state is the last thing on their mind.

>> No.8157387 [DELETED] 

lmao i love hearing posts abot these supposedly harmless homelesses who lay around like dead-beats beggin for your hard earned el dinero's and then after they hog up as much as u make in a days work from beggin like a bum in 2 hours they jump in their car and go grab a burger and some booze and go hang out in a tent in the woods. Man them ass holes have it made, huh. Get to lay up like a bum and get idiots to gibe u megabux and all you have to do is beg like a homeless bummy begarooni, then the rest of the day you can hang out and do whatever you want. No wonder all us brain dead slobs in the ol "rat race" are looking at these homelesses and thinking they are discusting cause we wish we could be a lazy sack of crap like that huh. I know there's this old guy in my town who lives in the woods, and he's like an alcoholist and he wears little cut off jean shorts and looks half dead and has to stop on the side of the road to squat and rest every 100 feet, i call him squatty anyway old squatty walks to the grocery store a few times a week and always gets like a thing of bread and a thing of baloney and a case of beers and some kind of froot, and takes it in the woods and lives like a king while im workin my fingers to the bone for old sheckelstein. oh and htis other old guy lives in the woods behind hardees and has a little camp and tent set up, and always walks to the gas station across the street for beer and wine and eats out of the dumpster and very rarely begs for moolah, of course he's more brazen in his degeneracy cause he sits around in public half naked drinking beer and peeing all over the place. anyway after typin all that i have the urge to go eat out of the dumpster pretty cool huh.

>> No.8157398
File: 822 KB, 3300x300, 1475493252534.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>homeless crack addict asks if I can spare a dollar or two for food
>I don't have any money so I offer her a granola bar I have with me
>"Uh, no thanks"

And then that retarded bitch still has the gall to keep asking me for money every single fucking time I pass her on the street. Every single fucking time without fail.

>> No.8157401

>>8153678
In New Orleans we've handled the problem pretty easy. We have churches, organizations, and charities that run dozens of shelters catering to various needs. Whether it be drug abuse, mental illness, health issues, financial troubles etc.

>> No.8157409

>>8157387

nice blog faggot

>> No.8158766

>>8157298
Not the guy you're responding to, but why get an abortion when you can be paid around $500 a month per child if you're on welfare?

>> No.8158775

I was homless for a few years.
Food is easy to come by if you live in the woods

>> No.8158776

>>8155307
>he has the right to sue you
No, he does NOT.
Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act, signed October 1996 by Bill Clinton.

>> No.8158785

>>8153678
I've known a few homeless people and these 2 people I knew in particular used to get crates of free food like loaves of bread ,cheese and canned food, most of the stuff went to waste. They would litter the crap all over the place and not even eat %20 of it.

Homeless people turn completely crazy after a certain point in their lives and end up drinking themselves to death or ending up in an institution. They would rather do drugs or drink to try to medicate their mental problems instead of eating healthy and sobering up.

>> No.8158788

>>8154650
homeless people are either crazy or addicts, usually both

>> No.8158859

>>8153735

/pol/ pls go

>> No.8158930
File: 118 KB, 960x540, 1473457087819.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Given the obesity rate in america, i highly doubt poor people go hungry.

>> No.8158966

>>8153678
>Why can't they get some food
Because they know some soft-hearted lower-upper class person is going to feel sorry for them and give them some cash. So, they maximize thier free government money on drugs/booze and general laying around feeling good for a little while before its time to wake up and get free eats and 'party' all over again.

you will never see genuine down-on-thier-luck people eating at soup kitchens because they manage their life like the rest of normie society and get back on their feet in a very short time. They typically are cared for by family if they are temporarily destitute (something like a house fire).

>> No.8158972

>Took a walk home from the store yesterday
>Homeless guy approached me
>Ready to tell him I didn't have any cash on me
>He asked me for the time
>Started talking to me a little
>Incredibly quiet, pretty sure he had speech problems, and his first language was clearly not English so I had a pretty hard time hearing what he was saying
>Think he was saying that he would sometimes ask people for the time or whatever and they would start shouting at him and he'd apologize and back away
>He eventually sauntered away
My heart ripped in half, man. Poor fucking guy.

>> No.8159123

>>8158930
American here, they don't. With the exception of young children born to crackhead mothers who havent figured out the system yet.

>> No.8159196

>>8153694
Fuck off homeless live better here than anywhere else

>> No.8159203

>>8159123
>>8159196
I don't think either of you have spent any significant amount of fine near this country's homeless

>> No.8159204

>>8153694
Sure it is. I bet south Africans are laughing while eating well and getting a proper edu- oh wait.

>> No.8159230

>>8158972
That's just smart begging. He makes you feel guilty so you'll give him money don't fall for it.

>> No.8159242

>>8158766
Because you are going to grow old and the kid you never bothered to raise properly is going to join a gang, get shot to death and you are going to end up on tv crying your eyes out and screaming that he didn't do nothing
And I know that those mothers are incredibly stupid, when asked they say shit like he only bringed a gun for protection or to scare people but wasn't going to ise them and that he never got arrested or only got arrested a couple of times but never because he shot someone as if any of that matters
I know it's rough but if your son goes out with a gun to rob people then he is either going to end up shot or shooting someone and you need to accept it or stop it not cry when it eventually happens
Black mothers don't love their kids because to love a kid is. To tale responsibility for him and they don't, they never dobqnd they kill those kids through inaction not the police not whitey not other gangs

>> No.8159322

>>8153694
this.
hell the whole tipping system confirms usa is in essence a third world country

>> No.8159363

>>8159196
>having homeless

In countries that aren't third world shitholes homeless are almost non-existent. I can't recall ever meeting a homeless or a beggar.

>> No.8159401

>>8159322
Yeah, throwing extra money at people for no reason (especially when they don't need it, fuck 'em if they do), really screams say south sudan.

>> No.8159486

>>8158930
>>8159363
theyre more like druggies or potheads in america

the reason that they go poor, homeless and hungry is that they do nothing but drugs
you can have a shitty job with barely any pay and can still get financial aid to buy food
but if youre a fuckhead druggie then nobody will want to hire or sponsor you

>> No.8159646

>>8153678
Story time.

I volunteered at a food pantry one Thanksgiving that was serving free meals for those who couldn't afford it. People who couldn't afford food, basically. There was no approval process. There was no financial check. It was meant to target those underprivileged and financially unstable, but guess who showed up?

At the time I was a waitress in a very small town (16 years old during this I think). About 85% of all the people lining up for that free meal had eaten at the restaurant I worked at that WEEK. Some of them multiple times. They're locals, and the town is known for having a significant amount of oil, and most of them are fucking LOADED. So, instead of donating money or time towards feeding those less fortunate, they decide to jump on the bandwagon and get a free Thanksgiving meal THE DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING.

If it was like one or two people that did it, it wouldn't be a big deal, but the vast majority of people in there were there just to get a free meal for the fuck of it. They lined up with their beer bellies hanging over their belts and their old wives caked with makeup. What's more, THE WORKERS WERE EATING THE FOOD BEFORE THE LINE EVEN OPENED. So, later in the day when those who have no financial support and just wanted a nice Thanksgiving lunch/dinner showed up, we only had stuffing and cranberry sauce to give them.

It was the most disgusting display of human greed and gluttony I have ever witnessed.

>> No.8159863

>>8154584
Goddammit. It's not a southern accent. At least I don't think it to be. Fuck you man, now I'm self conscious.

>> No.8159892
File: 441 KB, 720x530, 1353102463474.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8153718
>Quick reminder that there are people in Africa literally starving to death and looking like corpses.
Because their leaders are incompetent corrupt idiots.

Not my fucking fault.

Go fuck yourself if you think we should perpetuate the shithole known as africa.

>> No.8159895

>>8159646
moral of the story is rich boomers are the worst kind of people

>> No.8159909

>>8158930
There's also nutritional value to keep in mind. Someone can be obese and also have malnutrition by eating lots of junk food.

>> No.8159942

Bread is a dollar a loaf and people who won't give cash will sometimes buy food. They can easily eat.

What they need is housing, a job, and either a psychiatrist or rehab. Those things are
A) actually hard to give
B) not related to /ck/
C) involve competition with people who are mentally healthy and don't smoke ice

>> No.8160079

>>8159646
Actual rage.

Did you tell anyone off, or awkwardly beta out?

I'd have belligerently informed the resturaunt regulars what was up. This isn't a good personality trait, but I wouldn't have been able to pretend to be less angry.

Was it awkward when you saw them later? Did they ever tip you? If they were shitty tippers, I'm actually judging you somewhat.

>> No.8160091

>>8160079
Well, I worked at a mom and pop shop. I quit about half a year before they had to close. One of the owners died and the restaurant went downhill ever since then. As for the regulars, I can't remember if I waited on them specifically or not but I'm sure they came in and ate. Locals usually leave 2 or 3 dollars for two people with a $15-20 tab. So not abhorrent, but not necessarily generous. Most of them came in for Sunday lunch which was the busiest shift of the week. I didn't have time to remember faces while running my ass off.

I didn't tell anyone off at the event, I was an awkward 16 year old and wasn't very outburst-y. I just wanted to serve people who needed food and go home. My mother was volunteering as well, and I can't remember if she said anything to anyone. She might have, it was 5 years ago so I don't really remember. I know she was fucking pissed, and when we bring it up today she still gets really mad.

>> No.8160103

>>8153798
Do you really believe this? I'm afraid because I know there are a lot of privileged individuals in the world who cannot fathom a life of want.

>> No.8160110

>>8153678
What country are you from? I mean, there isn't a single country in the west where people are actually starving to death.

>> No.8160139

>>8153758
In Norway, the Salvation Army gets a lot of food that's expired or close to the expiration date. Some of it keeps much longer than the date on the package, and the rest I think they freeze. They give it out to anyone who asks, and I think they also deliver.
I have a friend who rented a room from me a few years back, and he'd go there to pick up free food, because he was cheap as fuck and spent all his money on weed. He'd get two full grocery bags about once a week. Lots of pasta and bread, but also lunch meats, cheese, yoghurt, eggs, canned food and various frozen dinners. Some of it would have been quite expensive if bought fresh.

Actually did some research, and it seems the Salvation Army has recently made a deal with several of the big supermarket chains in Norway, in an effort to waste less food and feed the poor.

>> No.8160142

>>8160091
Man, I was a mouthy little shit at 16. I'm sure your parents liked you more than mine did.

I'm sorry you had to see those people around, but at least you weren't actively bothered by it because weeds.

Was there ever another free Thanksgiving? Did the same thing happen again, or new rules?

>> No.8160146

>>8160139
Was he a weed friend, or an actual friend? Because he sounds terrible.

>> No.8160150

>>8157032
Good one anon, I kek'd a little.

>> No.8160162

>>8159203
I spent quite a lot of time around the homeless actually. Have you?

>> No.8160165

>>8159892
That's not what he said you stupid ignorant shitter. He was making an example that relatively speaking, our homeless are doing much better than those in Africa and it's a testament to how good it is to live in the west, if even the homeless generally don't starve to death.

>> No.8160171

>>8160146
Childhood friend. He wasn't as much of a loser as he sounds. He'd actually made a lot of money selling his apartment, and had invested it into real estate together with a wealthy friend of his who does that shit for a living. But he didn't have a place to live, so I let him rent one of my spare bedrooms. He recently stopped smoking weed, and is about to make a huge profit from the real estate he invested in. Think he's going to buy a house next year, settle down and start a business with his brother.

>> No.8160192

reminder: homeless people are not humans, they are disgusting pigs, and you are a cuck if you give any of your hard earned money to them

t. guy who had a homeless man fuck my wife

>> No.8160236

>>8160192
Your penis must be really small.

>> No.8160239

>>8159909
of course fatties are unhealthy, but they don't be dying of starvation anytime soon.

>> No.8160254

>>8157244
lol no they won't u dumb nigger

>> No.8160331

A few weeks ago I was walking into the grocery store to do some some shopping and this guy from UNICEF stopped me out the at the front door and tried to get me to sign up to his organisation and give him my bank details.

I told him I'm happy to give a one off cash donation but I'm not signing up for direct debit .

He started getting getting desperate and I began to feel uncomfortable so I just wanted to leave. I told him I couldn't afford make monthly payments to charity. The fucker took a step back, looked me up and down and said "I saw you get out of that brand new Subaru over there, don't tell me you can't afford it."
I wanted to punch this cunt in the face.
I just don't make eye contact with people from charities anymore, just ignore them.

>> No.8160425

Homeless people should be exterminated like rats.

>> No.8160631

>>8160331
You sure it was a charity and not a scam?

Usually real charity beggars wouldn't actually call people out on being too rich anymore precisely because they're desperate. It's one of the first things they get trained on.

>> No.8160641

>>8160331
>I told him I couldn't afford make monthly payments to charity.
The fucker took a step back, looked me up and down and said "I saw you get out of that brand new Subaru over there, don't tell me you can't afford it."
Clearly the guy hasn't owned a car before.

>> No.8160677
File: 824 KB, 705x680, 1475774132261.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

They can get food in shelters but most of them want to fap and smoke heroin whenever they want so they live on the streets

>> No.8160679

>>8160331
Those people are so tremendously off-putting that I can smell them from a mile away now and avoid them. I can't imagine they have much success since they're so obnoxious. I'd be more likely to donate to a silent box with a "insert charity plz" sign than one of those cuntbutts.

>> No.8160680

>>8153678
>Why can't they get some food
Because they're a bunch of lazy/talentless assholes.

>> No.8160684

homeless people are worthless

i used to be homeless and i saw it firsthand. most of them were just extremely dumb/immature and couldn't hold a fucking job for more than a week, and prefered to smoke crack and drink malt liquor

>> No.8160690

>>8157328

yes it has, and learn to type.

>> No.8160710

>>8154700
IIRC it's to do with someone possibly getting sued if the recipient gets ill from eating expired food.

But I don't see why there couldn't be a waiver for people to sign. I'm sure hungry people would sign it in exchange for free food.

>> No.8160718

>>8157221
yeah there are lots of scummy personal injury lawyers who want shekels from BIG GROCERY STORE
>>8158776
enjoy paying for a lawyer to tell the court that

>> No.8160768

>>8157032
I think the same way anon. Makes me depressed as fuck the way people treat each other over fucking paper or digital numbers.

>> No.8160785

>>8160684
>homeless people are worthless
>i used to be homeless

It lines up

>> No.8160877

>>8159204
>comparing yourself with a 3rd world shithole

>> No.8160936

>>8155558
The real secret poor of America is all those poor fucks in backwoods Appalachia. Take a look at their living conditions some time.

>> No.8160943

>>8154619
Fuck you faggot.

>> No.8160960

>>8159363
Bullshit. Even in Norway there are opioid junkies living on the street. I've seen documentaries. Nearly all of our homeless are drug addicts that don't want help because it would mean that they would have to kick their addiction. There are so many homeless shelters that provide free food, housing, and even job opportunities, but addicts don't want to live there because they have to take random drug screens.

>> No.8160973

>>8155558
>>8160936
Bullshit. The secret, silent majority of homeless in America are all around you. They're perfectly normal people with jobs who pay bills and taxes. They're often white and male. They fell off the edge because of ridiculous housing prices, credit and banking industry scams, or high medical bills. They look and act just like everyone else but never let on that they sleep in their cars or couch surf.

>> No.8160977
File: 69 KB, 1038x472, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8155357

>> No.8160991

>>8160973
>They're often white and male.

So they don't have any sort of family that would help them get back on their feet? I don't believe this at all--the guys you are describing consider moving back in with their parents and/or living with extended family or siblings until they get back on their feet as "being homeless." I've known homeless people and they have all alienated their family in some way either via constant drug abuse, stealing from them, etc.

>> No.8160994

>>8154642
you know what's really disgusting is when you have mothers who are well dressed begging with their children outside. they are using their kids to get more money.

>> No.8160996

>>8153678
You have some cities that actively discourage feeding the homeless. Because of this many shelters get overrun and don't have enough to go around. In some states the homeless have to go through lots of bureaucracy to get food assistance. And as some have pointed out a lot of asshole homeless people and junkies fuck it up for the ones legit looking for a meal.

>> No.8160999

>>8153678
They don't work
If you don't work to mantain the society I don't know why society should give you free food

>> No.8161013

>>8153678
Well, just give them some food. It's not hard.

>> No.8161026

>>8160991
I don't know what to tell you. I've been there myself, and we just don't talk about it during for fear of being associated with the crazies, bums, and junkies. I look at shit pretty differently now. I can walk around anywhere and identify homeless (normal) people hiding in plain sight. Look at the way everyone in this thread went apeshit on the topic. Not everyone has a family, or a good family.

>> No.8161027

>>8160142
I have no idea, I quit volunteering there because I went off to college the next year. I'm assuming that if there is still another dinner then it keeps happening unless there are some ground rules put in place.

I guess another story is that close to my college there's this fucking guy, he's this scrawny, toothless black guy that's always trying to bum cigarettes off of people even when they aren't smoking. Anyway, there's a Chicken Express close by and he always asks the female students to buy him a chicken dinner. He'll jump up and down like a child and say he's so hungry.

If someone's THAT hungry, I can share my food. I had 9 dollars in my pocket and I could have bought some bread and peanut butter and given him a few sandwiches. But he complained that he couldn't chew white bread and peanut butter because he didn't have any teeth. Explain to me how you eat chicken dinners. I don't even eat chicken dinners.

I told this to my friend who's only a little younger than I am and she felt bad for him instantly. This guy preys on girls like this, because the boys see through the bullshit.

Despite it being a college town, there are actually a lot of people that go hungry and that don't have food daily. The school just set up a bigger food drive program, which is nice and necessary, but people will always try to abuse charity.

>> No.8161042

>>8161026
I guess it's kind of personal to me because my sister is currently couch surfacing and living on the street because she doesn't want to kick heroin, get her shit together, and get a job so she can take care of her kid (he's currently living at his grandmother's house). She has every opportunity to move back home with my dad, but she said--and this isn't paraphrasing, "I'd rather live on the street or in jail than have to move back home." She also stole a bunch of shit before she left my dad's house and he STILL would allow her to move back home if she so desired.

>> No.8161046

>>8161042
>surfacing

I meant surfing. Kek. Don't know how I fucked that up.

>> No.8161055

>>8160103
I'm not privelaged. I've seen homelessness from a first hand perspective. I was technically homeless for a while, and have people in my family who are going on 10+ years living on the streets.

If you want to survive, you will. Having a roof over your head is not the secret key to staying alive. As long as you're resourceful and not a lazy fucking bum, you can easily thrive, and still enjoy a sense of community with other homeless people.

>> No.8161073

>>8161042
That sucks. America has a drug problem. Not the Reagan era war on drugs kind, but doctors pushing opiates on unsuspecting middle class people, eventually turning them into junkies because Big Money owns congress kind. The housing problem and food scarcity in a land of plenty is pretty much the same problem. Hope your sister gets it together.

>> No.8161108

>>8160960
I see, so the problem is more weighted to selfish druggie vagrants, contrary to what the other retarded niggers were trying to portray.

Oh also I know what kinds of documentaries you're talking about but our government is slowly taking measures to reduce it. It still sucks though.

>>8159322
Kek, no.

>> No.8161296

>>8154700
in short, it costs money to give away the food.

if the government provided some kind of program or incentive for business to give away their unsold food, that's a different story.

>> No.8161471

>>8161296

Let's see, throw in dumpster costs an employee several minutes a day when he's already on the clock. Setting up a time for food pantry to routinely come by to pickup costs a manager a few minutes once.

Yeah, looks like it's too damned expensive to accomplish without a subsidy. Gotta watch that bottomline!

Btw, your thought process will get you far in either the defense contractor or agriculture industries.

>> No.8161487

>>8161471
why are you attacking anon? he didn't say it should be that way, just that it is

>> No.8161492

WHy don't we just put cripples out of their misery?

>> No.8161501

>>8161487
Do you read or just look at a few words? I showed pretty clearly in my post why it is not the case.

>> No.8161503

>>8153678
Some homeless people don't want to be helped, haven't you seen The Master?

In my town small town of Monrovia, California (70% white population probably nicest community in cali) a bunch of people were bleeding hearts for the homeless. They were so sad that they got their money together and purchased a house for them. Well guess what? They turned the house into a fucking crack den and the city had to bulldoze down the entire home. You can go on our town's webpage and people still cry about how sad it is to see the homeless out our library park. However, now the homeless do fucking drugs at the park. What these bleeding hearts don't realize is that these homeless are openly doing drugs in front of children and creating an awful environment for the kids. Its all fucked. Fuck the homeless, these people do not want to be helped. There's plenty of opportunities for them in our society but they just want free fucken hand outs so they can go buy some crack.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not one of those people who wants to child-proof the world, I'm a firm believer that children should harden the fuck up. For the love of fuck though, kids should at least have a decent environment to play in at the park without these homeless crack heads.

>> No.8162141

>>8161042

charlie is that you?

>> No.8162147

>>8153678
ask kroger why they throw away a ton of day old chicken just because they can't immediately sell it in certain unit quantities. then realize every restaurant and grocer does this.

>> No.8162157

>>8153735
>white people keeping africa afloat
you are a fucking dumb redneck and should kill yourself.
White people ruined africa for fucking ages, just like they ruined india with canals. they where doing economically fine, then we beat the shit out of them and exploited them for our own benefit without much care how they ran their society as long as the colony made us money. then we decolonized because it wasn't profitable anymore and left the fucking place (except for the missionaries who usually make everything worse with their witch-hunts and remoteness encouraging brutal and inhuman behavior). So, after we drained a ton of wealth dry and destablized their country you wonder why its a giant shit hole. Damn them niggers must be all inferior. they couldn't run their society after we completely ruined it and fix it in a few decades.

I bet you have no idea how huge africa even fucking is.

>> No.8162160

>>8160710
this is a bullshit excuse. Many stores throw away perfectly good product thats a day old at best.

>> No.8162162

>>8162157
>We we we we we we
Don't fucking lump me in with you faggot.

>> No.8162165

>>8162157
You really need to watch Empire of Dust, my indoctrinated friendo.

>> No.8162166
File: 244 KB, 264x424, 1393881848369.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8153757
>jethro

>> No.8162172
File: 64 KB, 624x351, Black on Black Genocide.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8162157

lol

You are one ignorant white kid.

>> No.8162177
File: 40 KB, 400x283, Black Lives Matter 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

African Niggers.

If there are no whites around, they just fucking murder each other.

Gotta love

>> No.8162181
File: 53 KB, 660x371, Animals.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8162177
>If there are no whites around, they just fucking murder each other.

pretty sure they'd still find a way to blame white people.

>> No.8162184

>>8162162
>durr
what the fuck does this have to do with anything? try reading some actual history. giving me a name of a shitty documentary that covers one country and only about a very specific thing in this era (implying china was building railroads in africa when we were taking it over)

>>8162162
>we
if you have no european heritage at all maybe I shouldn't include you, but you'd have to be retarded if you think "we" has to include the person I'm speaking to.

>> No.8162187

>>8162172
>implying we didn't do this same shit.

>> No.8162189
File: 211 KB, 754x1598, Why Niggers Never Evolve.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8162165

And now that the whites are gone, the niggers are bowing down to their new Chinese masters.

meet the new boss, way way less Politically Correct than the old boss.

>> No.8162190

>>8162177
>murder doesn't exist in other countries
>crime isn't ever high in previously exploited colonies
oh wait.

>> No.8162198

>>8162189
>implying china didn't do the same shit only 100 or so years before africa
only japan modernized quickly. china spent a few solid decades sitting on their hands trying to pretend their problems didn't exist.

>> No.8162201
File: 72 KB, 560x530, BOSS Chink.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8162189
>And now that the whites are gone, the niggers are bowing down to their new Chinese masters.

Fun Fact: China now owns more oil and land resources in Africa than ANY colonial power at ANY time in history.

>> No.8162207
File: 55 KB, 412x474, African Trophy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8162201
>Fun Fact: China now owns more oil and land resources in Africa than ANY colonial power at ANY time in history.

Nigger fuck slaves are all the rage for Chinese men right now. Esp if you're in the oil industry.

>> No.8162208
File: 19 KB, 268x265, 1324754918001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8162184
>quoting the wrong post because you're this butthurt

The documentary details, from a non-white perspective, they asked for their country back from Denmark and we're peacefully granted control back, then proceeded to fuck everything up and squander everything they'd been left with, allowing everything to decay into ruin. Hence, empire of dust.

It is incredible how arrogant you are about white supremacy, actually believing whites are the only ones capable of the things you talk about. Do you really think white people are that much better than blacks, let alone asians?

>> No.8162211
File: 8 KB, 300x168, master race genetics 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8162207
>Nigger fuck slaves are all the rage for Chinese men right now. Esp if you're in the oil industry.

true dat

>> No.8162220

>>8162184
Oh I have european heritage. None of my ancestors are from the handful of colonial powers that you seem to be wholesale blaming white people for.

You self hating lump of human garbage.

>> No.8162275

>>8162201

China basically supplies all the Nigger warlords with weapons for oil, so they can commit mass genocide on each other.

Gotta love those wise Chinese.

2 birds, 1 stone.

>> No.8162559

>>8162157
http://qz.com/458137/mugabe-is-asking-back-the-white-farmers-he-chased-away/

http://whitegenocideproject.com/black-politician-calls-for-whites-to-come-back-to-south-africa/

You can call me a dumb red neck all you like, as I'm not even southern. But you are a fucking idiot. I bet you even think all of the dindus getting shot didn't have guns on them or were following instructions. Keep kneeling for the national anthem, whitey. I'm sure you'll earn your mouthful of Kaeperdick soon enough.

>> No.8162566
File: 5 KB, 277x182, download (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There is a man in my town, in a wheelchair, with no arms, and he's homeless...

>> No.8162572

>>8162566
Dude how does this even work he must be soiled 24/7

>> No.8162581

>>8162572
A blind homeless guy helps him...no, I'm not making this shit up. Wish I was.

Apparently if I lose my job, I can find low incoming housing, get goosebumps and unemployment, and still have medical...but these guys can't get shit due to some convoluted disability shit...

>> No.8162582

>>8162581
Food stamps*

Auto-correct what r u doin

>> No.8162595

>>8162581
>>8162582
I legitimately thought you meant Goosebumps, like the choose your scare books. Thought you had your priorities straight. Never mind tho.

>> No.8162598

>>8162595
>assuming I don't read every goosebumps and RL Stine book I can get my hands on

How presumptuous of you anon

>> No.8162601

>>8162598
Good man. My apologies.

>> No.8162602

>>8162581
I'm going through some bullshit right now, and I may end up an heroing because of it.

>worked in construction since I was 15
>pretty good at it too
>broke my neck and back in 2011
>I'm permantly crippled, but can't get fucking disability in California
>I can still move and bend slightly, but I can't even come close to doing the same kind of work
>constant fucking pain

Fuck this place. I'm trying to move to Oregon where I have a guaranteed job that's not strenuous, but it's a hassle. I work under the table, and rent/ bills always take precedent. At this point, I have no quality of life.

>> No.8162614

>>8162601
Lol
>>8162602
I'm so sorry man...maybe look into some other options for work, like social media or YouTube. But other than under the table stuff, it's near impossible...getting real tired of this country and it's convoluted fucking laws.

When my fiances grandpa got dementia, they wouldn't take his license away because, somehow, he was still 'fit to drive' even though if you talk to him for more than five minutes, you could clearly see he wasn't. Yet now my mother in law took a few stupid memory tests that require you to remember some character names and failed and they suspended her license when she acts and drives just fucking fine. They haven't even proven anythings wrong yet.

>> No.8162629

>>8162614
As cringy as it sounds, I've been wanting to get back in to making movies. Was planning on setting up a kickstarter for an /x/ related project. I haven't don't anything creative-wise since I was in high school, but i was good at it. Starting a family kind of fucked shit up for me.

>> No.8163657

>>8162629
You can do it man. Family should never be a fuck up, just more motivation. They might be your biggest time consumer, but they'll also be your biggest support.

>> No.8163807

>>8155337
>diamond dozen

>> No.8163881

>>8153678
they can get food stamps like me :)

eating hot dogs and chips. I even bought some cheese to go with it. all on your taxes wageys :)

>> No.8163889

>>8154650
Do you? Anon hit it spot on.

>source: homeless 2+ years

>> No.8163900

>people who do nothing deserve something

lol

>> No.8163913

>>8163881
>/ck/
>can't actually cook and prefers junk food
no surprise here

>> No.8163918

>>8163913
>bases the entire board off one post
it's like you don't have a brain at all

>> No.8163978

>>8162559
>He thinks some people don't actually read the article and just read the title
Its talking about whites born in southern africa not white americans.