[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 9 KB, 668x152, lawbreakingvegans.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7979141 No.7979141 [Reply] [Original]

Thoughts on people who raise their kids as vegans?

>> No.7979168

I've seen all those news reports about vegan parents getting their kid taken away for child endangerment because the kid is so underweight. I think even a few of the children have died of it.

I'm not against jailing vegans for forcing that on their kids. But we should also jail moms that raise their kids on tendies and koolaid.

I think it may be possible to raise a healthy baby vegan, but the parents should have to pass a test about the nutritional needs of children to be allowed to do it.

>> No.7979188 [DELETED] 

What is this, thread # 5?

Are these posted by the same people? I thought almost everyone here was a regular

>> No.7979235

>>7979168
This. I knew someone who fed their baby Coke in it's fucking milk bottle.

>> No.7979240

>>7979141
Their kids should be aborted post-term.

>> No.7980441

>>7979141
It's possible to raise healthy children on vegan diet, but it would require extensive knowledge and really good planning. I bet most vegan parents don't have either of those.

Really, I don't see anything wrong with veganism and caring about animals but if you value their life more than that of your own kid then you should seriously reconsider your priorities. I wouldn't even risk hurting my child with an improper diet.

Not to mention you are not saving any animals by not buying meat, it's just wasted. If you realy care about them so much then at least don't let them die for nothing.

>> No.7980815

>it's perfectly fine to feed your kiddo mcshit, tendies and soda
>but don't you dare give them tofu you sicko

>> No.7980830

>>7979188
There is a small percentage of dedicated shitposters
>big mac
>do "x" really eat this
>tendies, etc
I think they're australian

>> No.7980854

>>7980815
Soda is acceptable in veganism. Stop acting as if consuming sugar is somehow a "meat eater" thing. That shit is completely OK in veganism.

>> No.7980891

>>7979141
Smart and ethical thing to do. Meat, and other animal products, are harmful for health, expensive, full of antibiotics, and bad for the enviornment.

>> No.7980901

>>7980441
How about it would require extensive knowledge and really good planning on raising healthy children, full stop. Childhood obesity worldwide has never been higher, limiting calorie dense meat products would be a good step in reducing that.

>> No.7980905

>>7979141
I say leave that shit legal. If they want to murder their own children let them

>> No.7980908

>>7979168
Why should vegan parents be the only ones that have to pass a test? Sick kids don't matter, unless they are vegan, right? Kids brought up in a vegan enviornment are far healthier on average than kids brought up in an average household, because if you are vegan, you are conscious about food by default. You can still be unhealthy, but you at least think about what you eat, which is far more than what you can say about most people.

>> No.7980916 [DELETED] 

do vegans consider breast milk to be an animal product?

>> No.7980939

Children can be raised very well on a vegetarian diet, but veganism does not provide necessary nutrients.
It is in the best interests of any country to have healthy citizens, therefore it should be illegal to raise a kid on a vegan diet.
Also, a prescription should be required for baby formula.
But since the US won't ratify the UN's Rights of the Child, none of this will happen here. We basically just act like children are action figures for parents to play with.

>> No.7980957

>>7980905
too bad your parents didnt feel the same way

>> No.7980989

>>7980908
>Kids brought up in a vegan enviornment are far healthier on average than kids brought up in an average household,
This is a lie.
>because if you are vegan, you are conscious about food by default.
Being wrong about health and in a cult doesn't do anything at all to improve health.
>You can still be unhealthy, but you at least think about what you eat, which is far more than what you can say about most people.
There are tons of fatties who think about exercise daily. Thinking about things doesn't matter.

veggie yes, vegan no.

>> No.7981029

>>7980891
Fucking get sustainably raised, antibiotic-free organic dairy, fish and eggs.
God damn. Parents should be resourceful and educated about nutritionally providing for their children.

>> No.7981036

I was raised vegan but as soon as I had the chance to go over to friends houses and socialize I ate meat and cheese and honey especially. I'm no longer vegan but I eat a lot of vegan meals still since those are like comfort foods to me I guess, parents are mad. btw most vegans homeschool their children to prevent them from being exposed to animal
prouducts so that goes to show you how occult like they are.

>> No.7981041

>>7979235
I've seen that too. Kid was 4 and easily 150 pounds.

>> No.7981044

>>7980989
It is a lie because you say it is?

tinyurl je5z7tf

Empirical, peer reviewed data showing that veganism in children is perfectly healthy. And in terms of diabetes and obesity, almost non existent in vegan children.

You are using your feelings and "intuition" as evidence, I'm using actual data.

>>7981029
You realize that the reason that people don't just get that all the time is that it is far more expensive, right? If your solution to a lack of money is just to get more money, you are doing it wrong. Compare that to a plant based diet, and it is still far healthier and cheaper.

>> No.7981052

>>7981044
>thinking anyone would follow a link shortener on 4chan
>thinking diabetes and obesity are the only measures of health

>> No.7981056

>>7981052
Sanders, T. A. (1988). Growth and development of British vegan children. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 48(3), 822-825.

What are your measures of health then, troll?
>greentexting isn't an appropriate debate tactic

>> No.7981059

>>7981044
Sorry, that doesn't work for me. I bust my ass and forgo vacations, own a bike instead of a car, have a flip phone, and live in a very small apartment so that I can buy healthy food for my kid. It's all about priorities.

>> No.7981066

>>7981056
>Sanders, T. A. (1988). Growth and development of British vegan children. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 48(3), 822-825.
>The growth and development of children born of vegan mothers and reared on a vegan diet has been studied longitudinally: All of the children were breast-fed for the first 6 mo of life and in most cases well into the second year of life. The majority of children grew and developed normally but they did tend to be smaller in stature and lighter in weight than standards for the general population. Energy, calcium, and vitamin D intakes were usually below the recommended amounts. Their diets, however, were generally adequate but a few children had low intakes of riboflavin and vitamin B-12. Most parents were aware of the need to supplement the diet with vitamin B-12. It is concluded that provided sufficient care is taken, a vegan diet can support normal growth and development.

You act as if this settles the argument conclusively in your favor.

>> No.7981068

>>7981059
You realize this is about raising children, which you obviously do not have?

>> No.7981069

>>7981059
well vegans only care about themselves anyways, whenever they spout how healthy it is they just want people to go "bloo hoo!! you're right!!!" it's really less about the animals and more about having people think you're special and look up to you. congrats and good luck on continuing to be a good father or mother btw

>> No.7981076

>>7981066
>It is concluded that provided sufficient care is taken, a vegan diet can support normal growth and development.

Which is far different than what you are saying, that vegan diets can never be healthy, yada yada yada.

>> No.7981080

>>7981076
so can a diet with meat and cheese, what if your point here? it's healthier than fast food all day but no more healthier than a standard Mediterranean diet

>> No.7981082

>>7981044
Don't you dare use logic when it comes to an argument about veganism on 4chan, even if you're 100% right, you're still wrong if you don't eat meat/s

>Muh chicken tendies

>> No.7981085

>>7981069
Thanks. It's not easy, but it's very fucking worth it. Also, it's the least one can do after bringing the little feller into the world.

>> No.7981095

>>7981082
why do vegans pretend like they care about other people's health and act as if they're the authorities on health and nutrition because they watch YouTube videos?

>> No.7981096

>>7981082
>what is a vegetarian diet

>> No.7981112

>>7981095
You'll find its the complete opposite whenever someone brings up they're vegan here everyone becomes a plant sentience expert and activist, citing numerous bullshit studies and just giving rather ignorant reasons for continuing eating meat. Vegans don't care about other people's health they care about the planet and if you're contributing to its downfall they'll tell you, why would you not choose a diet with the least environmental impact and the best for your health all because you enjoy the flesh of a dead animal?

>> No.7981114

All vegans that I know eat way more processed food than vegetarians that I know.
It's not about nutrition, it's about ideals. As such, it does not constitute a proper diet for children, and should be viewed as neglect.

>> No.7981115

>>7981096
Yeah, it's like you can have the benefits of avoiding meat without joining a cult!

>> No.7981123

>>7981112
because veganism is impractical, its easier for me to eat good quality meat like twice a week and i enjoy it. you seem to think everyone who isnt vegan eats fast food all day but plenty of people go days without eating meat or dairy without screaming the benefits of their 'vegan' diet.

>> No.7981126

>>7981115
I've never met a vegan that's had a problem with vegetarians

>DAE VEGAN IS CULT xDDD

>> No.7981128

>>7981126
lol are you serious? read any youtube comment section on someone making a video saying theyre going vegetarian and its nothing but vegans being pissy.

>> No.7981131

>>7981082
>>7981115
The study is actually kinda anti-vegetarianism though, if you read >>7981066. It just states that it is possible to raise a child with a vegan diet, but most parents fail at it. Not to say that this is exclusive to vegan parents.

Also note that the study was done in the late 80's.

>> No.7981132

I'm curious how many people here think veganism is just a diet. It's not. It's a fucking cult that wants to eliminate ALL animal product/byproduct usage. This shit affects every aspect of life, many very deeply. Food isn't the only aspect. They're fucking psychotic asshats.

>> No.7981137

>>7981132
most vegans dont think its a diet and if you call it that get all cranky saying 'its a lifestyle huuuuhhhhh!!!!!! muh animals!!!!!!!!!"

>> No.7981138

>>7981131
Vegetarianism is not the same as vegan friend.

>> No.7981140

>>7981044
Haven't looked at whatever you were trying to link to, but I'm gonna assume it's an American study, have I got that right? Veganism is healthier than the average American diet, yes. However, veganism is not healthier than the average Italian diet.

>> No.7981149

>>7981123
You keep making assumptions, regardless of your diet or the average Americans ANY diet with meat in it will always be inferior to a plant based diet. And if you're eating as you say "high quality meats" you'll be paying a "high quality price" so I doubt it's that impractical to consume rice, beans, lentils, tofu etc which will all be a fraction of the cost

>> No.7981161

>>7981137

I agree with this but just as many vegans recognise it as only a diet for example Brian from humerus fitness went vegan due to severe acne which the vegan diet completely reversed

>> No.7981168

>>7981132
Yeah because removing needless animal byproducts from most commercial products for superior ingredients is a bad thing

>> No.7981171

>>7981149
its seems like youre the one making assumptions, i do buy rice and beans and lentils etc, and i just so happen to like the taste of meat and have excess to small farms about 30 minutes away. i can spend my money however i want, i have a 300 dollar espresso machine, is that more 'impractical' than a 20 dollar coffee maker? no, not when it i think its money well spent and i like the final product more. also me eating meat twice a week makes no difference in my health

>> No.7981187

>>7981168
>needless
Cute how you don't talk about animal's roles in research, how they would make all hunting illegal (because like many other "environmentalists" they don't have the first clue how the environment works), seek shit like "freeing" all farm animals and pets, etc. etc. So many of you useful idiots flock to veganism without even understanding or knowing their core tenets it's pathetic. It's like joining NAMBLA because they would happily provide male role models for fatherless children...

>> No.7981189

>>7981149
I posted this earlier but I was raised vegan and left the diet by the time I was 14. You seem to be forgetting how hard it is to actually expect a child to stick to the diet, vegans usually end up homeschooling kids over a dumb fucking diet and that deprives them of the social interaction they need/deserve.

>> No.7981194

>>7981187
veganism started in the 40's as a diet and a diet alone, its sad to see a bunch of cult fuckers ruin it, they even erased the name and efforts of the man who founded the vegan society in the first place.

>> No.7981196

>>7981168
>Yeah because removing needless animal byproducts from most commercial products for superior ingredients is a bad thing
Oh yea? French fries are better cooked in duckfat or sprayed in beef tarrow. Germans know a great potato salad needs some beef broth to soak into those potatoes before the dressing. Name one thing that isn't made better by bacon (very short list). Superior? I don't think you can make a good argument with this logic of using better. There's a best man for the job, and often it's not plant-based. Fact.

>> No.7981203

>>7981194
>veganism started in the 40's as a diet and a diet alone
Yeah, and if it stayed that way, I'd have zero problems with it, but it's like PETA and various other environmental terrorist organizations:
They keep their real crazy to a select few, but use a friendlier, less crazy front to get money and popular support that allows the crazies to pursue their crazy. The shit is legitimately dangerous.

>> No.7981211

>>7981171

Ok a ton of shit to refute here

>its seems like youre the one making assumptions, i do buy rice and beans and lentils etc,

I never said you didn't, I was talking about having a diet predominantly focusing around these protein sources instead of meat

> and i just so happen to like the taste of meat

That's a fair enough reason but so did I, I loved all kinds of meat but I realised the impact my choices had on the animals, environment and my health and that influenced my decision to become vegan.

> and have excess to small farms about 30 minutes away. i can spend my money however i want, i have a 300 dollar espresso machine, is that more 'impractical' than a 20 dollar coffee maker?

Yes it is impractical but you have every right to spend you're money the way you want but this example has no relevance to eating a cheaper, healthier diet

> no, not when it i think its money well spent and i like the final product more. also me eating meat twice a week makes no difference in my health

Fair enough at the end of the day the choice is yours but if you know what your diet is doing in terms of contributing to pollution, slaughter and just plain ill health, it's just plain ignorance.

>> No.7981215

>>7981149
You are creating a false dichotomy.
Vegan does not mean "no meat".
Vegan means no animal products of any kind, including wool and honey, eggs, milk, and etc.

>> No.7981217

>>7981196
>tarrow
Herro, Tojo.

>> No.7981222

>>7981215
To be fair, honey is a gray area that's still under debate in the vegan community

>> No.7981225

>>7981203
yeah and most vegans have that annoying misanthrope attitude, in my town wild hogs overbreed like crazy and hunting them is encourage because they cause millions of dollar in damage by uprooting water systems but a typical vegan response would probably be 'ugh fucking humans thats what you deserve for taking over the hogs land to begin with' i believe humans are omnivores, but with a greater leaning towards plants and grains than animal products besides honey, vegans can stand moderation usually because their diet and beliefs are so absolutist or theyre too autistic to understand concepts beyond extremes

>> No.7981228

>>7981189
It's never stopped me going out or missing out. Most restaurants are usually more than accommodating when you tell them you are vegan and I'm sorry you felt as if you were missing out, the problem with raising children to believe what you believe is that it's not THEIR choice and becoming vegan has to be YOUR choice.

>> No.7981235

>>7981215
I didn't say vegan though, I said any plant based diet and that statement is still correct

>> No.7981248

>>7981228
>be 9
>go to a birthday party
>mom gives you shitty vegan candies
>see cake and ice cream and hot dogs
>s-sorry guys,, ill just have a bun with mustard on it... mom brought me something to snack on
>sits in corner alone looking at forbidden foods i was never allowed to enjoy.
>mom continues to keep her eye on me to make sure i dont participate in birthdays like a normal humanbeing.
food is social and if kids are having a sweets day at school or its a party they should eat the same foods as everyone else unless theyre actually allergic to something.

>> No.7981251

>>7981217
Underrated post lol'd hard

>> No.7981252

>>7981196
You are basing this on taste all these things can be made without these animal products and thats the point I was making, also bacon is beyond overrated far better cuts of meat you could've chosen, your argument is dogshit

>> No.7981257

>>7981225
Hilariously that attitude is actually counterproductive to their goals too. It's like how you're seeing white nationalism popping back up now: a lot of that has to do with the narrative of the white man is always evil. You can't get your goals by turning everyone that isn't in your little group into an enemy.

>> No.7981267

>>7981248
This is all personal experience so your experiences will be different from others I'm sorry your parents treated you like that my mum would always buy things I could bring and eat whenever I went parties etc

>> No.7981268

>>7981257
white pride world wide, maybe id hate vegans less if they werent so liberal. i even went vegan for four fucking months, my third eye didnt open and my health didnt feel any different, typical cult behavior like over hyping claims and benefits of their lifestyle.

>> No.7981270

>>7981252
That you can make them with alternative products isn't "superior". You're the one who brought value judgements into this with your whole "inferior". Now you realize how untenable your position was so you have to move the goalposts.

>> No.7981275

>>7981268
Being health conscious has no correlation with political stance, I know plenty of vegans who are hardcore right wing trump supporters

>> No.7981288

>>7981275
>Being health conscious has no correlation with political stance, I know plenty of vegans who are hardcore right wing trump supporters
Yeah no.

For future reference, your personal experiences are not generalizable.

>> No.7981297

>>7981275

So they have precisely zero redeeming qualities?

>> No.7981299

>>7981270
I was arguing in terms of superior for your health I doubt any product covered in goose fat is superior for your health than one that isn't, no goalposts have been moved but assumptions have been made

>> No.7981302

>>7981267
"mommy can i have a slice of birthday cake like all the other kids are having? it smells so so good!"
"no sweetie, now sit down and eat your date bar"
why are you against little children having birthday cake? ps if you make a vegan birthday cake that tastes like a normal it will be about as sugary and bad as a normal one, so 'hurrrr its not healthy' is not an excuse

>> No.7981310

>>7980901
It's however much easier to raise a child and not turn it into a hamplanet than it is to raise a kid completely vegan. You basically need a full time nutrionist who has experience with child physiology.

>> No.7981314

>>7981302
>if you make a vegan birthday cake that tastes like a normal
The problem there isn't the taste. You can nail the taste pretty easily. The problem with vegan breads is the texture is fucked. If it traditionally/generally uses eggs and milk/cream/butter it fucking needs eggs and milk/cream/butter to feel right (and honestly, not even just "right", not terrible).

>> No.7981322

>>7981299
>durr macronutrients are just bad
>amounts have NOTHING to do with it

This is where you people constantly fuck up logically. You take the fact that too much of something is bad for you and try to turn that into an argument that you shouldn't have any at all.

>> No.7981329

>>7981310
Exactly!!! All the vegans i know hate me for leaving the vegan lifestyles after being raised that way, and guess what my health hasnt changed at all and im not obese, plus i even have homemade pizza or Chinese nights every Friday, but oh nooo I'm too unhealthy and have clogged arteries, despite most of the vegans i know being fat. kek.

>> No.7981349

>>7981248
I grew up with summer roll parties and rice noodle salad parties, so why not set up a pizza parties or taco/burrito parties if you live in the west?

Pizza dough or tortillas, tomato sauce/refried beans without meat or dairy in it, and several toppings/fillings running the gamut from vegan/vegetarian to meat and stuff. Guests could just add what they allowed themselves to eat. Seems like it would be perfect for everyone, especially since kids like assembling their own meals and playing with their food.

>> No.7981363

>>7981302
>>7981267
I've never tried making a vegan cake, but I've made vegan choco chip bikky wikkies which are, no joke or exaggeration, identical in taste and texture to their traditional counterparts.
Of course, they're no healthier than normal, but at least no Annie Malls were hurt in making them.

Would cake really be more difficult? Why?

>> No.7981378

>>7981288
Likewise
>>7981322
Again this is where you people fuck up, we're not making the argument that too much of something is bad, in most cases though it is, we don't see the point in exploiting animals for there byproducts which can be substituted for healthier ingredients and means all diets can enjoy them. You keep trying to one up me and you keep being refuted, you're more than welcome to keep trying but please try and make relevant arguments :)

>> No.7981394

The only good vegan is Unnatural Vegan on youtube.

>> No.7981407

>>7981378
>likewise
I'm not the one attempting to assert anything about the political leanings. I will point out that there are studies that show a 3:1 liberal to conservative ratio among vegetarians though.

You're not refuting anything. Hell, you can't even really read too well. You amusingly go and do exactly what I said vegans do, then idiotically assert that it somehow refutes my point? Good god, you're braindamaged.

I won't claim that it's because of your diet, but I will say that there are a lot of fuckstupid people who get drawn to your way of life.

>> No.7981418

>>7981407
people with eating disorders tend to turn to veganism because it allows them to continue their weird restrictive behaviors, plus so many vegan girls tout the whole low fat high carb restrictive lifestyle to stay skinny because theyre incapable of moderation and normal eating.

>> No.7981433
File: 75 KB, 843x843, 13876379_10154397559494089_7352251449205580109_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7981418

>> No.7981439

>>7981407
Wow not him but he's completely triggered you haha

>> No.7981456 [DELETED] 

>>7981407
Definitely not mad :^)
Go drink a bucket of Faygo, hammy

>> No.7981464

>>7981439
>>7981456
>gets btfo
>stops pitiful attempts at debate and goes to LOL U MAD
Damn schools are shit these days.

>> No.7981474

>>7981407
You were the one who originally stated vegans were so liberal

Also citation needed on that 3:1 ratio

I see you also have nothing of value to say therefore refer to mudslinging

Have I touched a nerve? :)

>> No.7981478 [DELETED] 
File: 253 KB, 910x602, Signs-of-Heart-Attack.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7981464
>if I call him a child I win!
How many of these symptoms are you experiencing right now?

>> No.7981483

>>7981407
I actually can't believe he squeezed an entire blog post out of you in one word, jesus christ xD

>> No.7981485

no one has even considered going vegan despite vegans spouting debatable 'facts', however most vegans return to an omnivore diet, why do vegans waste their time?

>> No.7981490

>>7981474
>You were the one who originally stated vegans were so liberal
Nope. There's at least three people posting in this thread friend.
>citation needed
Google it up yourself.

>I see you also have nothing of value to say therefore refer to mudslinging
There's no point when you're literally not reading or responding to any actual point I bring up.

>Have I touched a nerve? :)
Not really. You're kind of young and new to the internet if you think strong language and hyperbole actually mean that someone's upset. If I feel anything, it's pity because you think you're clever when you're not. You're going to have some bad, bad times when that particular delusion gets dispelled in real life. Don't let it destroy you entirely though. Your friends and family know your limitations and still love you though.

>> No.7981491

>>7981485
Ignorance that's it, people are stubborn and stuck in there ways even when presented with facts they are wrong they'll do these mental gymnastics in dome vein attempt to justify there poor excuses. As for vegans going back, they were never true vegans to begin with then

>> No.7981492

>>7981485
i meant no one in this thread* but that still applies to most of the worlds stance on veganism anyways.

>> No.7981495

>>7981490
>Google it up yourself

= No source

You have literally sperged out and wrote a whole paragraph of shit with no source to back it up

>Welcome to 4chan

>> No.7981497

>>7981491
explain to do me how someone can eat a vegan diet, and not use any animal products to a reasonable extent and then never been vegan to begin with after quitting it. thats like saying a former athlete was never a true athlete because theyre old and dont run miles a day now

>> No.7981502

>>7981495
Nah, I have a source. If you're so sure it doesn't exist, why not look? You're the one who cares about whether or not vegans/veggies are republicans or democrats when it's a voting block that literally doesn't matter.

>> No.7981506

>>7981497
Wow that's a lovely strawman if I ever saw one

Also being vegan as many people say is a lifestyle not a diet, so if you are a vegan you are doing it for the environment, animals and your health that's what it means to be vegan if you go back on that then you can't have been a true vegan, just someone on a plant based diet.

>> No.7981510

>>7981506
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman

>> No.7981512

>>7981502
Wow and you were the one calling me childish, hypocrisy at its finest, if said source exists please link me to the relevant material otherwise GTFO as you are no longer contributing anything of worth to this thread

>> No.7981516

>>7981510
Ah my apologies, thank you for the correction my friend, got the two mixed up :P

>> No.7981523

>>7981512
Pretty sure the guy going
>whaa, the information only exists if you bother to post it here even though I'm literally only seconds away from doing the exact same search you did!

Heh, no.

>> No.7981526

>>7981516
Wow, you're thick.

>> No.7981528

>>7981506
and being an athlete isnt a lifestyle? plenty of people were born and raised strict christian and end up becoming atheists, were they never true Christians? also since 84% of vegetarians and vegans return to eating meat i guess its an unrealistic 'lifestyle' and theres a handful of a few 'true vegans'

>> No.7981529

>>7981523
Ok then

>> No.7981536

>>7981528
[Citation needed] on the 84% figure

>> No.7981539

>>7981526
Just trying to annoy people desu and it's working :)

>> No.7981545

>>7981536
According to a large study of American dietary habits, 84 percent of vegetarians and vegans eventually go back to eating meat. The study was funded by advocacy group the Humane Research Council, which partnered with Harris Interactive to survey the meat-eating habits of 11,399 adults ages 17 and older

theres tons of sites talking about it, why dont you google something for once instead of being handfed like a pathetic little child.

>> No.7981551

>>7981529
There's four studies you could have found in this amount of time that you've dicked about here. You are aware that facts are not actually dependent upon whether or not someone bothers to post sources here, right?

I mean, you sit there and look down upon meat eaters for denying facts and you can't even be assed to look up any yourself, and you're getting massively butthurt over a seriously stupid point that has no bearing on anything. We're talking about around 10-15% of the population for vegetarianism and only around 2% for veganism. You don't matter.

>> No.7981556

>>7981545
No link = no sauce

More mudslinging I know it's not fair I'm more intelligent than you but what has this got to do with raising your kids vegan?

>> No.7981559 [DELETED] 
File: 351 KB, 500x334, genetics.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7981545
Most people who tell you they are vegetarian are just trying to make it less socially awkward for you. It's like "it's not you, it's me", but for food

It's less offensive to you to say "I'm vegetarian" than it is to say "your eating habits disgust me and what you consider '''food'''' is unfit for human consumption"

Sincerely, that person you know who you think is "vegetarian" (super secret protip: they probably ate meat at least once in the last week)

>> No.7981560

>>7981551
You're still here? Please save all this for your blog, otherwise post the sauce

>> No.7981561

>>7981556
there are literally HUNDREDS of sites talking about this study, but ill give you smithsonianmag so youll shut the fuck up http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/most-vegetarians-lapse-after-only-year-180953565/?no-ist

>> No.7981563

>>7981561
Thanks senpai but again what's this got to do with raising your kids vegan?

>> No.7981567

>>7981559
That's some super autism anon.

Are you the one in that other veggie thread who kept going on about "carnists" food raping you? I hope you seek help.

>> No.7981568

>>7981563
what does vegans who return to an omnivore diet not being 'true vegans' have to do with vegan kids?

>> No.7981570

>>7981561
Also that's no vegans that's vegetarians jesus christ hahaha haha your source isn't even relevant good god

>> No.7981572

>>7981560
Seriously why? How does it affect anything? The numbers are the numbers irrespective of what I post.

>> No.7981574 [DELETED] 
File: 2.43 MB, 3600x2613, food.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7981567
This might be a good opportunity for you to learn that you were soundly defeated in that thread:
>>7980369

>> No.7981576

>>7981570
vegans and vegetarians were including in the study, are you low on b12, you seem a bit out of it.

>> No.7981578

>>7981572
The fact your still going means I've won, give up please

>> No.7981581

>>7981545
Not him, but if you want to teach someone something or prove something to someone, shouldn't you provide the source material for what you're trying to teach/prove?
I mean... if a teacher got asked something on topic with the lesson and responded "google it, faggot," she'd be a really shitty teacher, wouldn't she?
Doing the same when trying to edumuhcate someone on one point or another doesn't do anything to help your cause at all. All it does is make you look like a fuckwit, just like the teacher in the example.

If you're gonna post something that supports a vegan diet, post your source.
If you're gonna post something that supports a traditional diet, post your source.
It's really not that hard to be civil and to learn from one another.

>> No.7981583

>>7981576
Clearly you've not read the whole thing come back to me when you have, I'll accept my apology via video or text I'm not picky :)

>> No.7981586

>>7981578
No, it means I find this entertaining.

>>7981581
Socratic method homie.

>> No.7981587

>>7981581
heres where youre wrong, when doing a research project teachers do not provide sources and barely any materiel for students unless theyre in second grade.

>> No.7981588

>>7981581
Im the one he was arguing with and to be fair to him he did post a source but it was about vegetarians and not vegans so I'll give him 10/10 for effort 2/10 for execution

>> No.7981590

>>7981583
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/animals-and-us/201412/84-vegetarians-and-vegans-return-meat-why
heres a more in depth article on the study and it also answers your questions on vegans political leanings.

>> No.7981596

>>7981586
>>7981587

The mental gymnastics just get better haha jesus so many triggered meat eaters, can't even post sources and they joke we're b12 deficient

>> No.7981604

>>7981596
There are no mental gymnastics going on. I'm just not bothering to do it. Why do you constantly have to recharacterize things to suit your narrative?

>> No.7981605

>>7979141

I dont care much, most people are shit at raising kids and raise horrible brats, who turn into awful adults. Majority of people should not be allowed to breed, sorry to be an edgefag but its true.

>> No.7981606

>>7981590
>>7981596
if 70% of vegans return to eating meat maybe vegans should focus more on keeping the people they already have instead of arguing on an image board to people who dont care.

>> No.7981607

>>7981590
You've still not read your own sources 70% out vegans in a 1% sample size of 11000 people went back, these figures are literally bullshit

>> No.7981610

>>7981605
well with zika around people will stop, i just wish poor people and immigrants would stop shitting out kids

>> No.7981617

>>7981607
so are your figures for a vegan diet and heart disease and pretty much every other health claim, vegans back at it again with mental gymnastics.

>> No.7981619

>>7981606
See
>>7981606

>> No.7981624

>>7981586
You don't actually know what the Socratic method is, do you?

>>7981587
That's not teaching.

If you're trying to teach someone something, you either have source material or hands-on examples to teach from. And if you do, you should be able to provide it when asked. If you refuse to provide it, either you don't have any source or you're a liar. Either way, you're an ineffective teacher.

A research project is assigned once the student learns the base bit of the topic they're meant to research. The project, with sources provided by the student, is meant to prove the student understood the assignment, the source material and the lessons. It is simply a measure of that understanding. In our scenario, you've supposedly done the research assignment, but refuse to provide your source. That would be an automatic failure.

>> No.7981628

>>7981617
I've not cited any figures or sources so far in this discussion, is this more of your mental gymnastics making things up, also have you been to your doctor you might need a b12 supplement :)

>> No.7981635

>>7981624
actually it teaches children self reliance and the ability to decide and rank sources themselves instead of being spoonfed, its like you want a bunch of like minded sheep who accept 'facts' no school ive ever attended have taught hat way unless its an elementary school.

>> No.7981637

>>7981607
>I don't know how statistics work: the post

Which is pretty representational of the general population. Vegans don't really exist.

So, I'm curious veggie bros, when you finally backslide and return to your natural diet, what's the first meat you're going to try?

I suggest starting with no skin chicken breasts or turkey breasts. More richly flavored meat will likely be far too rich for your poor, malnourished bodies to handle.

>> No.7981640

>>7981628
and your ability to state a vegan diet is healthier comes from??? for you to decide that surely you would have read a study, of youre just using your own personal experiences which have no meaning at all.

>> No.7981642

>>7981624
Thank you for backing me up man, people don't seem to get this

>> No.7981649

>>7981642
Protip:
Because that's not how education actually works.

>> No.7981651

>>7981637
Enlighten me then what I got wrong in my post, I know you won't be able to refute what I've said but it'll be funny to see you try

>> No.7981656

>>7981649
Jesus you are some hell of a tangent to make yourself seem intellectual just accept you're wrong, there's more honor and respect that way anyways

>> No.7981662

>>7981651
id rather you answer his question on what meat your looking forward to try once you give up and become one of the 70%. but yeah studies can be wrong, its probably 90%

>> No.7981664

>>7981640
Tell you what then you post that 3:1 study and I'll post mine since you're soo adamant that people shouldn't be spoon-fed information why don't we swap :)

>> No.7981668

>>7981651
Here's a more fun experiment: why don't you actually refute that study? It should be pretty simple if you're both correct and understand statistics. The data's both available and the math is already done for you. All you have to do is actually be able to correctly interpret the analysis.

Because right now we have a professional stating those numbers are reliable while having them published and peer reviewed, and you're sitting there going "no u".

Come on, here's your big shot. The analytical methods used were pretty elementary too, so this shouldn't be difficult.

>> No.7981670

>>7981662
Another edgelord who hasn't read the study trying to look smart, oh dear

>> No.7981673

>>7981664
>you
Retard, you are not talking to one single person.

>> No.7981677

>>7981664
too bad i wasnt the one to claim that theres a 3:1 study, but i gave you a nice 2:1 study, you should be grateful.

>> No.7981681

>>7981668
>Why don't you tell me where I'm wrong
>Eh...eh...shit, Why don't you tell me where you're right? Ha got'em

That's how you sound no please tell me where I'm wrong I wasn't the one who originally called myself out haha

>> No.7981682

>>7981635
Why don't you actually address the points made rather than arguing against imaginary ones no one brought up?
Here's a recap for you:

• A research project is not teaching because the kids are not being taught.
• Teachers have source material to teach from.
• Teachers should be able to provide the source material they're teaching from if asked.
• Projects are assigned as tests that students have learned the base material.
• Inability to provide sources for projects results in automatic failure.

Now, try to refute these points rather than running on tangents only barely related to the points made.
Also, provide sources for any point supporting or chiding a vegan diet or traditional diet you may have posted in this thread.
This is now the fourth time I'm asking for this to be done. If you are unwilling or unable to do so, there's no further point to discuss anything with you because you are unwilling or unable to participate in proper discourse.

>b-but my school didn't do it that way!!!
That's nice. But irrelevant.

>t-traditional schools teach kids to accept """""facts""""" as facts and not ask questions or ask for source materials to back up those facts!!!
But we're supposed to accept what you say at face value when you're unable or unwilling to provide source. Right.

>> No.7981683

>>7981656
It literally doesn't work that way though. If it did, the first time you asserted something you'd enter into an unending dive of constantly referencing sources. Education, after the basics are established, is primarily about giving students the tools to seek and evaluate information on their own.

>> No.7981684

>>7981673
My bad I'd be gladly to post my sources is pubmed ok or do you prefer any website in particular?

>> No.7981688

>>7981681
You called out a study saying it was wrong without actually saying how it's wrong. You threw some numbers out, but that doesn't mean anything.

But sure, it's up to me to defend a peer reviewed study against a 4chan anon. Yeah, that's really how any of this works.

>> No.7981691

>>7981682
no youre suppose to look it up for yourself instead of being lazy. this isnt learning something or a concept, its getting a numerical fact that this idiot could have looked up himself.

>> No.7981692

>>7981682
>if asked.
this is both bullshit and not the originally asserted point.

>> No.7981694

>>7981683
Sure it does. That's literally exactly how education works. The questions never end. The research never ends. The search for better source material never ends.

It's turtles all the way down.

>> No.7981704

>>7981694
You are literally full of shit.

>> No.7981708

>>7981692
>it's not the originally asserted point
Sure it is. It's my point. I asserted it originally in my first post in this conversation.

>it's bullshit
How?

>> No.7981713

>>7981704
I'll have you know that I evacuated my bowels just a few minutes ago, so you're entirely wrong with your statement.

>> No.7981714

>>7981688
Ok no problem the original anon that posted the source claimed that all vegans in the world, 70% of which are likely to return to eating meat when this figure is incorrect as I said the study includes 11000 people 0.5% of which are vegan and 2% had tried either a veg or vegan diet claimed 70% have returned this is accurate for there sample size but to then claim on the title of there study 70% of vegans return to omnivore diets is factually incorrect, happy? Now your turn

>> No.7981721

>>7981714
70% of all vegans that is

>> No.7981725

>>7981714
same could be said for any study supporting veganism, why dont you just give up and realize no one likes being vegan and its a fad?

>> No.7981726

>>7981714
>to then claim on the title of there study 70% of vegans return to omnivore diets is factually incorrect,
You've still not shown this.
I mean, it's like you're not aware that there's a quantitative measure of the generalizability of a study of this nature that can give us an idea of just how well we can assert this data fits with the general population.

>> No.7981727

You can be a vegan and be healthy, you can be a vegan and be unhealthy. You can be an omnivore and be healthy, you can be an omnivore and be unhealthy.

The science is clear, it shows we don't need animal products in our diet and those without animal products who eat a good vegan diet and healthier on average. Animal products promote cancer growth, it's all spelled out for us. Let kids make their own choice, don't shove it down their throat.

>> No.7981730

>>7981721
lel i was raised vegan and im apart of the 70%, there are no long lasting 'young' vegans, the only ones who keep it up more than a few years are the elderly

>> No.7981733

>>7981727
>correlative studies can tell causation

You people really need to learn basic statistics.

>> No.7981737

>The vegetarian or vegan diet is, in fact, deficient in zinc, iron, vitamin D, vitamin B12 and omega-3.

I wonder how true this is.

>> No.7981739

>>7981733
its like saying eating garbage tier foods surprisingly causes cancer, of course if youre eating the shittiest cheapest meat and dairy you can find there will be a correlation. its garbage meat vs fresh small farm/hunted meat.

>> No.7981743

>>7981727
Don't studies show that vegetarians are healthier than both meat eaters and vegans?

You really have to go out of your way to eat either, whether you're slathering tendies in BBQ sauce because you're not a cat, and digging into a freshly killed rabbit doesn't really do it for you, or you're one of those spend all your money on kale and wheat grass smoothie types.

Like yeah, we can eat that way. But why.

>> No.7981754

>>7981743
exactly, morals and ethics isnt a good argument for anything. we only have one life and will be dead in about idk 80 years? 90? so we should eat what we want who cares

>> No.7981757

>>7981739
What do you think carnists are eating? Sustainability oriented biodynamic meat in moderation?

Lol

>> No.7981763

>>7981739
Amounts, necessarily, can't be controlled in any of these studies and most of them are based off of food diaries (which have an accuracy/reporting problem) or memory (which is fuck-terrible when it comes to accuracy of even WHAT was eaten and amounts reported in this kind of thing are literally worthless).

The only thing that these studies really seem to say with any level of certainty is that healthiness is a lifestyle thing, not a diet thing and shit like obesity/diabetes has more to do with an individual's attitude toward food than any specific foods that they do or do not eat.

>> No.7981766

>>7981757
nice generalization, yet vegans manage to get mad when people generalize their diet. vegans are only 2% of the population and considering the other 98 % arent all dying of cancer i bet its more than you think. plus i for one eat great quality meat killed fresh before i go pick it up, why should i care about what others eat and if its killling them or not?

>> No.7981777

>>7981766
>eating unaged meat
I hope that's only shit like chicken you're talking about.

>> No.7981798

>>7981777
yeah its chicken or ground beef occasionally, stuff like steaks i go to a real butcher

>> No.7981846

>>7981714
https://faunalytics.org/feature-article/study-of-current-and-former-vegetarians-and-vegans/
Here's the actual data. All that you should need if you have taken even high school level statistics and if you're understanding is correct to actually show your point is correct.

I mean, that's what's taking so long, isn't it? Had some problems following the links to track down the actual information? It can't be that you don't know shit about statistics and don't have the first fucking clue if this study is valid or not. Right? I mean hell, can you even tell us what different kinds of validity there are? What about accuracy versus precision?

>> No.7981872

Vegans belong in the zoo.

>> No.7981897
File: 26 KB, 359x222, themail.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7979141
The phrasing is a bit strange. Are we talking about feeding a balanced vegan diet being illegal, or are we talking about forcing children into following the same dogma as yourself? I can see it being illegal to totally force your children to eat meat for ideological reasons, just as I can see it being illegal to force a child into church if they're a muslim or something.
it's a bit silly from a dietary perspective, although I think OVERALL a lot of vegan parents give their children a bad diet.

>> No.7982041

Redneck logic
>look, two kids this year died of veganism, fucking ban it
>two thousand gun deaths for under 18s? fuck the gubbermunt, you aren't getting my guns

>> No.7982047

>>7982041
this is in italy so your point is?

>> No.7982067

>>7982047
Look at all the conservacucks on Facebook, they're loving this ban and want it instated in their backwater hometown.

>> No.7982068

>>7982041
>>look, two kids this year died of veganism, fucking ban it
You realize that with how few vegans there actually are, that's actually a really fucking high number. It's a much higher percentage of directly linked fatalities than any of your "hurr meat is bad" studies can come up with no matter how loose their definitions are.

>> No.7982189

>>7980815
>if you aren't a vegan, then you must be feeding your children mcshit and junk
Yeah, ok.

>> No.7982196 [DELETED] 

>>7982189
99% of people going bananas over the vegan menace eat garbage and feed their kids junk food

case in point: you

>> No.7982199

>>7980908
>Kids brought up in a vegan enviornment are far healthier on average
>Who is Kaelin Maron?

>> No.7982217

>>7981068
Not him, but how is it 'obvious' to you that e doesn't have children? Does being on 4chan bar you from being an adult and having children somehow? A lot of us spent our teens here and still continue to because that 'other' kind of life isn't appealing to us; we're not all 15 like you, and some of us DO have cildren.

>> No.7982225

>>7981068
On second guess, he doesn't have a vehicle and lives in a small apartment with a child. Hmm.

>> No.7982228

if the child is malnourished you don't need a law specifically for vegans, that's already enough

>> No.7982230

>>7982199
When I visit America I am always shocked by the proportion of children that are overweight.

It's obvious that the odd neglected vegan child that dies is less of a social issue than overweight children who will be a massive social burden.

I don't even understand how someone under the age of 12 can BE fat. That is the time of your life when you have unlimited energy and food shouldn't be a priority in your life. It's crazy.

And all the food that they eat comes from their parents, so there are no excuses.

>> No.7982255

>>7982196
Surprisingly, I'm the 1%. I cook meals, we drink water. Sure, there's a random bag of chips once in a while, but mcdicks and junk food is a rarity. Kid didn't even know of mcdicks until he was 4, and that was only due to my babsitter taking him. He's well adjusted though, so he doesn't flip out about wanting something he knows he can't have.

My point was that it's silly to make assumptions that if you're not vegan, hen you must be eating garbage. Those are two extremes and not all parents raise thei children with that.

>> No.7982268 [DELETED] 
File: 428 KB, 1296x968, pregnant.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7982230
>I don't even understand how someone under the age of 12 can BE fat. That is the time of your life when you have unlimited energy and food shouldn't be a priority in your life. It's crazy.
In America riding a bicycle is considered criminal activity and pedestrian rhymes with pederast and we can't have that. Spending as much time as possible inside a cage is considered the greatest form of success, only just behind having a 60 inch television in each room so you can watch the game of the thrones on full HDTV, or perhaps the quarterback touchdown game starring what's his name who is having sex with Olivia Munn (if you don't know his name and think about him all the time, your are a member of ISIS actively seeking to destroy America)

Also, parents are told that they shouldn't help their children learn good eating habits because it might damage their self esteem and then they'll grow up with an eating disorder

For further details on the horrors that Americans have to live with every day, see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwd4Lq0Xvgc

>> No.7982286

>>7982268
>>7982268
those are canadians

>> No.7982293

>>7982230
I agree with you i the entirety of your post, but how is raising them on a vegan diet going to fix the problem?

Both are shit dieting choices. Well balanced, healthy home cooked meals should start being pushed and be a main class in schools.

>> No.7982296

>>7982286
Shhh, don't bother. Let them be as delusional as they want.

>> No.7982301 [DELETED] 

>>7982286
The photo was taken in northern virginia, do you mean to say the people are visiting from canada? Do you know them, anon?

>> No.7982373

>>7979141
There are those who raise their children healthily as vegans, too.

>> No.7982376

>>7982373
it says IMPOSE.
It's never okay to impose an ideology on someone against their will.

>> No.7982387

>>7982373
you must have meant to reply to another message.

>> No.7982393

>>7982376
When you live for free with someone else, you eat what they give you. Or you go find your own food.

>> No.7982403

>>7982393
"dont you dare eat what other parents feed you whenever you go over to their houses to hang out with your friends, its not vegan!!!!!"

>> No.7982494

>>7982068
Exact numbers are difficult to pinpoint, but I recall an estimate of 4% of our population is currently following a vegan diet and that number is growing. If you give me a sec, I can see if I can find the article I read that in and you can google translate it from Italian.
20% of our people are already vegetarian and another 40%, despite being able to afford to eat it more often, consume meat sparingly due to culturally reasons, old wives' tales or force of habit.

The reason we have so many vegans and vegetarians is because our cookery is already veg-heavy, easy to make at home and doesn't use any ingredients that are odd or difficult to find, like seitan, hing and foreign herbs and spices.

The proposal is reactionary to the fast growth of veganism within our borders and the deaths and malnourishment of infants and toddlers forced to subsist on a poorly planned vegan diet.
As I understand it, veganism can be done safely and relatively easily from mid-childhood onward, but it's incredibly difficult to do well for an infant.

>> No.7982508 [DELETED] 

>>7982376
Amazing
So then, according to carnism, fetuses should be left in the womb indefinitely until such time as they can grant affirmative consent to be removed
Also children should not be toilet trained as it is a fictional construct

>> No.7982515

>>7982293
>I agree with you i the entirety of your post, but how is raising them on a vegan diet going to fix the problem?
I'm not really making a comment on the vegan aspect, I'm just saying people are very hypocritical when they turn an eye on the millions of overweight children and focus on vegans.

If someone really "cares about the children" and whats to enact legislature to protect them, they should focus on the fat kids leading sedentary lives and fed fast food and soda by their parents.

>> No.7982521

>>7982393
that's the point, that's not imposing. but if they forbid the child from eating meat with their own money or outside the home, that's fucked up breh

>> No.7982529

>>7982515
It's honestly an acknowledgement that a fat kid can lose weight but a dead kid can't come back to life.

Additionally, malnourishment in the early years causes MASSIVE impairments across the board for an individual, mental and physical. Neither state is good, but it's actually better for a kid to be a fatty.

Yes, I'm aware a fatty kid likely will become a fatty adult, but that's a different problem when you start looking into what all malnourishment can fuck up in a child.

>> No.7982563

>>7982529
Malnourishment is basically a non-issue in N. America, maybe found in rare cases like the ones stated here.

Obesity costs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. Not to sound cold, but 2-3 dead kids a year is far less of a human catastrophe than the obesity epidemic.

Of course it's not one or the other and both issues can be simultaneously tackled, but its important to keep the magnitude of the problems in perspective.

>> No.7982569

>>7982529
>It's honestly an acknowledgement that a fat kid can lose weight
It has long been observed that about 40% of overweight children will continue to have increased weight during adolescence and 75−80% of obese adolescents will become obese adults. A child with a high BMI has a high risk of being overweight or obese at 35 years of life and this risk increases with age. The consequences of this disease starting in childhood may be more severe as the duration of obesity will be longer. It may therefore have a greater deleterious impact on health and the rate of morbidity and mortality, than obesity starting in adulthood.

>> No.7982593

>>7982563
>Malnourishment is basically a non-issue in N. America
Except in cases of intentional child abuse/neglect, poverty, and fringe diets like veganism (which generally are lumped in under abuse). I mean that should really tell you something, we're seeing children suffering from real, severe issues in this land of plenty from adhering strictly to veganism. I'm not saying that it's impossible to provide complete nutrition, but it damn sure isn't as simple or easy as y'all would like to claim, especially when you consider that reported incidents are only the ones where it gets bad enough for there to be intervention. There's an asston of damage being done to many of these children that no one is doing shit about or even paying attention to, all so their parents can make a political statement.

>>7982569
Wow, it's like I didn't already address that exact point.
>Yes, I'm aware a fatty kid likely will become a fatty adult,

>> No.7982620

>>7982494
isn't it around 6 years of age when children lose the ability to effectively breast feed? something about the tongue changing.

breast feeding isn't better than formula, breast feeding is THE STANDARD and formula cannot compete.

>> No.7982950
File: 27 KB, 508x566, 1462086706115.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7982041
>banning guns
>not letting niggers shoot eachother to death

Fuck off hippie

>> No.7982956

>>7982268
Thanks anon for a most interesting hour lecture on city planning. Never thought I'd get something like this off of /ck/

>> No.7984057

>>7982508
How delusional do you have to be to have such a weak grasp of children's rights? A vegan diet can be nutritionally complete, but it's just a lifestyle choice that you have no right to impose on anyone, unlike toilet training which teaches important sanitary habits. By the same token, there is no good argument for parents adhering to religious diets to punish their kids if they decide they don't want to toe the Kosher line.

This is exactly why so many vegans come off as slimy hypocrites; for people eating to 'save the planet', you sure don't have much consideration for your fellow man's needs.

>> No.7984066

>>7980908
>Kids brought up in a vegan enviornment are far healthier on average than kids brought up in an average household

Hence why authorities have had to intervene on numerous occasions for malnourished children and instances where vegan-raised children die for their inadequate diet?

>> No.7984077

>>7979235
Apparently that is common practice in Mexico and South American countries. Was in a forum some years ago where some guy complained of his mexican wife constantly doing this, despite him flipping his shit every time he caught her.

>> No.7984081

>>7980905
ONly teh vast majority of those kids won't die, instead they will be suffering from lifelong medical problems, being a huge drain on healthcare.

>> No.7984098

>>7981112
>the least environmental impact
Vegans usually replace dairy and egg with banana. Besides the environmental impact, the human rights violations of most mainstream banana producers are so severe that The Ethical Consumer actually rates their bananas ascrueller than animal products.
I do believe that a legume-based vegan diet is the least environmentally impactful, but I think 90% of vegans have no idea what they're doing and end up being as bad as mear-eaters.

>> No.7984101

>>7984077
Do you recall his explanation of why she did it? Hard to believe any responsible mother would do this when they had enough milk to spare...

>> No.7984108

>>7980854
I think his point was that if vegan parents are arrested for raising their kids on an unhealthy diet then non-vegan parents who only feed their kids garbage should be too.

>> No.7984140

>>7981114
But you can eat properly on a vegan diet. The people you know probably just miss animal products and are looking for replacements which are usually processed. Besides, there's a whole sub-genre of vegans that are completely against processed food. I think they usually tend to be ignorant, but my point is the fact that the vegans YOU know all eat lots of processed food is irrelevant.
To me, the fact that it's about ideals is the reason It SHOULDN'T be illegal. First, it means vegans all have different reasons for being vegan (some for ideals, some.fr health as i mentioned) and therefore you can't say ALL vegans have unhealthy diets as they all have different diets. Second, you can raise your kid with whatever ideals you want and I think it's ridiculous that the ONLY ideal this law is targeting is such a benign one as empathy to animals.
They should just make it mandatory for the kid's doctor to check on its diet and jail the parents if they're not making any effort to feed it well, vegan or not.

>> No.7984662

>>7981036
fucking psycho parents lmao

>> No.7984681

>>7982393
but I thought veganism was a lifestyle not a diet? God you're retarded and can't pick a side

>> No.7984809

You can't really defend against things that might not be optimal for a child

people are also allowed to feed their kids fast food every day

>> No.7985629
File: 101 KB, 980x617, 1468960065278.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

average vegan on its way to trader joes

>> No.7986623
File: 23 KB, 480x480, 23536245.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7979141
Glad to read that someone else already raised the issue of the hypocrisy of outrage and hysteria over vegan children's nutritional needs and not also every other potentially shitty diet fed to children that can cause health complications (immediately or eventually) and which is by default the responsibility of their parent(s).
You can see countless hypocrisies like this concerning many ethical issues, it's obnoxious, but that is a subject for another thread, I suppose.
Vegan or not, we should try to be reasonable and not fallacious faggots.

>> No.7986676

>>7984108
>implying the two are mutually exclusive ideas

>> No.7986736

My pov is anything like this is a lifestyle choice. It's a choice for everyone. Your child is a person and deserves to make at least some of their own decisions. Therefore this should be a choice for the child as well, as long as nutritional needs are met. The only thing you need to force on your child is health and not being a delinquent or a shitty person. After that, you don't need to control every aspect of their lives. (Oh and you're full of shit if you think vegetarians/vegans are automatically healthier than their omnivorous counterparts. All diets require balance in order to be healthy. This is why health is more important than your child living your lifestyle against their will.)

>> No.7986746

>>7979235
>>7979168
This

I remember someone with "Thirst Rockers" in the bottle (that's worse than soda, that """""fruit""""" drink stuff you see in the gallon jugs).

>> No.7986758

>>7986623
Hey retard, deadly fringe diets are covered by child abuse and child neglect laws.

And killing your kid/definitely crippling them through malnourishment is far bigger deal than "might stay fat" and "might get diabetes" during what remains a long productive life.

>> No.7987947

If they understand nutrition, meh.

>> No.7987963

>>7980908
>>7980989
I could actually see this being true. While I don't think a vegan diet is the best, it can be fine as long as you supplement vitamins.

The average household in the US is a pretty sad sight. Just look at how many people are obese or diabetic. While I think most vegans are misguided in their conclusions, I bet most of them put more thought into what they are eating than the average household.

I am all for increased nutritional awareness for all parents (not just vegans) because I don't want to get stuck paying the bill for all their chronic diseases.

>> No.7988223

>>7987963
Doesn't matter what America does. This is happening in Italy, not America. See >>7981140

The majority of us feed our kids balanced meals and eat them ourselves. The idea of a "kid's meal" of chips and fish fingers or chicken is completely alien to us. The very notion of X-food being for grown-ups and Y-food being for kids simply doesn't exist in our culture. We grow up eating what we're going to be eating as adults (just in kid-sized portions), which is a highly varied, plant-heavy diet. So while American preschoolers grew up on dinosaur-shaped MSM chicken and Happy Meals, the majority of us in Italy grew up on sweetpea risotto, polenta with sautéed rabbit, nearly always served with a salad after, and other cheap things that we consider regular-ass food that you guys, for some reason inexplicable, perceive to be fancy shit worth paying $35 a plate for.

>> No.7988228
File: 80 KB, 640x422, 2011-12-21-ap-us-navy-kissjpg-80ffd964376a5105.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7988223
It always matters what America does. If you have a problem with that, we might have to liberate you. Is that something you might like us to do, anon?