[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 164 KB, 585x358, Pollo_Campero.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7928149 No.7928149 [Reply] [Original]

Hello /ck/

I'd like to know your opinion on this eating establishment. How does it compare to other chicken joints (KFC, Popeyes, Church's, etc.)? It is quite highly regarded by my latino acquaintences, but i have never gotten around to trying it.

Thanks

>> No.7928296

shameful bump

>> No.7928313

>>7928149
Fat American here

I ate there when I was in Guatemala
It's pretty good, better than KFC, I got fried chicken from a random family owned restaurant in the same town though, I think it was better.

>> No.7928550

>>7928149
I have eaten at the one in the San Salvador airport, as well as the one that recently opened in my Brooklyn neighborhood. The chicken was better in San Salvador. A fast food place can't source chicken that good in the US - it doesn't make economic sense. But compared to other fried chicken places the chicken seems a little better, and the sides are both more interesting and taste a little fresher (less prefab, if you get my drift).

Also at the one near me it seems the employees take a kind of pride in the place you don't normally see at a fast food joint. The manager checks the orders before they go out, there's always someone running around cleaning off the tables and seeing if the diners need anything (like more hot sauce).

When I'm in the mood for fast food fried chicken (which isn't that often) I go there. The only thing I've eaten there that wasn't better than expected for a fast food place was the empanadas - they were weak. But I'm spoiled, because I have many other options for empanadas where I live.

>> No.7928686
File: 231 KB, 1379x1358, breaking-bad-alfombra-los-pollos-hermanos-90-x-90-cm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i prefer los pollos hermanos