[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 2.29 MB, 3271x1839, BreadPudding[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7824880 No.7824880 [Reply] [Original]

I remember asking for a bread pudding recipe a while back and someone uploaded an excerpt out of a book that provided an all purpose vanilla cream sauce that could be used for a multitude of things, ice cream base, or even a sweet drink, but I used it for bread pudding, anyone know what I'm talking about? It may have been scanned by someone from /ck/ I'm not sure.
Alternatively, any other bread pudding recipes? The less ingredients the better.

>> No.7824989

>>7824880
Add vanilla beans to a container of sugar

>> No.7825041

>>7824989

Go to bed, Alton.

>> No.7825067

at the place i work in the winter we did a pumpkin bread pudding but i assume you could just use any sweet or whatever bread with this basic structure and you'd be fine

1200g [pumpkin] bread
1/2 c maple syrup
1 c heavy cream
1 c milk
3 eggs
3 yolks
handful of [wal]nuts broken up
cut bread into cubes, mix until just combined, bake at 325 until tester comes out clean

>> No.7825145

You mean Creme Anglaise
it's a basic vanilla custard sauce.
Bread Pudding Base:
7 Eggs
1 quart half and half
1/2 quart heavy cream
2 cups Sugar
Pinch of salt
2 tsp Good vanilla
1 loaf of sandwich bread
Whisk your eggs and sugar first then stream in your liquids
soak your bread in and mush it all together
From there add whatever:
cinnamon and apples or pears
crushed cookies
banana and caramel drizzle
Chocolate chunks or chips
Nuts
Spray pan and bake 350 with foil covered for 30 minutes the take foil off and bake 15 minutes more