[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 249 KB, 1500x1125, serious eats poutine.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7558728 No.7558728 [Reply] [Original]

ITT we post food we think is overrated, and why. I'll start with pic-related.

Poutine is not bad food - especially if it's made right - but I will never get why a country with Canada's natural larder chooses to focus on a dish that is, aside from one ingredient, identical to British fast food.

>> No.7558735

>>7558728
Canadians are a bunch of stoners and it is a cozy snack.

>> No.7558743

I get the impression that Canadians appreciate it for what it is, and that others are dressing up chips and gravy (plus cheese) into some marvel of modern street food.

>> No.7558749

>>7558735

>it is a cozy snack

This.

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that it's high cuisine. It's just delicious drunk/stoner food that you can't get if you live over 100 miles from the Canadian border unless you ship in cheese curds, which most people don't think is worth it.

It's like yuros and their obsession with everything kebab.

>> No.7558750

Chicken breast and chicken tenders.

Chicken thighs are where it's at

>> No.7558762

Anything SE Asian, really. It's all served diluted in a five gallon bowl of dish water.

>> No.7558797

Mexican Food, or as I like to call it: Every-way Beans, Cheese and Corn Cuisine.

Still, it's a hit with my senpai every time I make it.